Who Needs You More Saturday?

KRAM1

Due to last evening's dramatic 9th inning come from behind win by the Rangers, I think some "added pressure" has been placed on attendance for Saturday's homecoming game at Apogee. So...........

Just placing a bit of a different spin on this dilemma (at least a dilemma for some). Who needs you more Saturday? The Mean Green or the Rangers? Where would your presence have a greater impact on a team/s you say you support? Would the Rangers know or care? Would it hurt the Rangers attendance if you did not attend the Rangers game Saturday? What about skipping the Mean green game entirely to watch the Rangers on TV?

Every fan in attendance is critical for the Mean Green in any number of ways...including, perhaps, a new conference alignment, the potential signing of a new football (or basketball, etc.) recruit, the wooing of a new or current big time donor, building a tradition of support...and, really, in helping the Mean Green actually have a home field advantage. Seems to me that the Rangers will have a full house no matter what. Where would your attendance matter the most? I know the answer for me personally, it's a no brain-er, but for some it is not so easy.

so, I just ask...where are you needed the most? Just a bit of a different spin on the same question. Only you can answer that question.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 11

I'll be at the UNT game, but by this logic...never go to a pro game and start skipping football and basketball games for other sports with lower attendance. Hell, let's get a charter flight to Florida for an August Marlins game while we're attending based on need.

So damn sick of everyone trying to make the Rangers and Mean Green adversaries. It impacts two games in a rebuilding year. It will not change the future no matter what happens. Stop trying to do this...all of you.

Do you think posting this is going to convert a casual fan on the fence or do you just enjoy trolling? If so, mission accomplished with me. See you tomorrow!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

I'll be at the UNT game, but by this logic...never go to a pro game and start skipping football and basketball games for other sports with lower attendance. Hell, let's get a charter flight to Florida for an August Marlins game while we're attending based on need.

So damn sick of everyone trying to make the Rangers and Mean Green adversaries. It impacts two games in a rebuilding year. It will not change the future no matter what happens. Stop trying to do this...all of you.

Do you think posting this is going to convert a casual fan on the fence or do you just enjoy trolling? If so, mission accomplished with me. See you tomorrow!

You used to be funny. Now you're just angry.

Come on Quoner...you know very well that this has ZERO to do with "chartering jets to fly to Florida"...you "fail" on that one. I don't believe you graduated from the University of the Marlins or have any personal connection. Really? Is that the best you could do in response? I'll give you another try if you would like.

And, it's not Mean Green vs Rangers...it's asking where one's priority is for one game where attendance actually matters for one team and well, not so much for the other. No, I am not trying to "convert a casual fan". I dare say, there are few/no casual fans on GMG.Com. In all your "sickness" about it you felt compelled to respond...interesting.

Why even reply if you think this is trolling? I'll just sit back a await the start of your next thread with anxious heart beating as I am sure it will be so very thought provoking. Hope you feel better soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Come on Quoner...you know very well that this has ZERO to do with "chartering jets to fly to Florida"...you "fail" on that one. I don't believe you graduated from the University of the Marlins or have any personal connection. Really? Is that the best you could do in response? I'll give you another try if you would like.

And, it's not Mean Green vs Rangers...it's asking where one's priority is for one game where attendance actually matters for one team and well, not so much for the other. No, I am not trying to "convert a casual fan". I dare say, there are few/no casual fans on GMG.Com. In all your "sickness" about it you felt compelled to respond...interesting.

Why even reply if you think this is trolling? I'll just sit back a await the start of your next thread with anxious heart beating as I am sure it will be so very thought provoking. Hope you feel better soon.

Want to try something fun? Do what PMG did -- he invited everyone to come enjoy both sporting events and embraced them both as good things. Maybe a little more inclusion and passive-aggressive Jewish mother trying to get the kids to visit?

If there are few/no casual friends on GMG, who are you talking to with this? This couldn't possibly just be a chance to remind people how dedicated you are in case we forgot, right?

It's fun to look back and realize an entire week before a home game has been wasted on battling Firefightnrick and the Texas Rangers on a UNT football board.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Remind me....still, Quoner, you are sounding so un-Quoner. Must be that illness. Maybe you can take this to the Florida Marlins board. That should be fun, and I'm sure they'll care.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Remind me....still, Quoner, you are sounding so un-Quoner. Must be that illness. Maybe you can take this to the Florida Marlins board. That should be fun, and I'm sure they'll care.

You're not sharp anymore. It's been too long and we've hung out in person. Now you're just taking the three most unimportant words of the first post and repeating what CBL said. I can't debate aspergers.

• Upvote 1

We get it super-fan, UNT over Rangers. I'm sorry, I don't understand how or why people can't have a "personal connection" to the Rangers? This argument or plea for people to pick a 2-5 UNT football team in a rebuliding year over a local sports franchise (for many a team they have been watching longer than they have been paying attention to UNT) on the verge of winning their first title EVER has become old and stale. We get it, you want people at them game like we all do, but the rangers in the world series in the words of joe biden, "is a big effing deal". Quit trying to draw a line in the sand and make people chose, it's one more weekend and all will be back to normal. I love UNT (I wear my UNT ring everyday with pride) but given the choice between tickets to the UNT game or tickets to the Rangers in the world series, I'm picking the Rangers, no question.

Edited by mattmartin817
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Due to last evening's dramatic 9th inning come from behind win by the Rangers, I think some "added pressure" has been placed on attendance for Saturday's homecoming game at Apogee. So...........

Just placing a bit of a different spin on this dilemma (at least a dilemma for some). Who needs you more Saturday? The Mean Green or the Rangers? Where would your presence have a greater impact on a team/s you say you support? Would the Rangers know or care? Would it hurt the Rangers attendance if you did not attend the Rangers game Saturday? What about skipping the Mean green game entirely to watch the Rangers on TV?

Every fan in attendance is critical for the Mean Green in any number of ways...including, perhaps, a new conference alignment, the potential signing of a new football (or basketball, etc.) recruit, the wooing of a new or current big time donor, building a tradition of support...and, really, in helping the Mean Green actually have a home field advantage. Seems to me that the Rangers will have a full house no matter what. Where would your attendance matter the most? I know the answer for me personally, it's a no brain-er, but for some it is not so easy.

so, I just ask...where are you needed the most? Just a bit of a different spin on the same question. Only you can answer that question.

I'll be at the game and will be bringing friends. Can't wait.

GO MEAN GREEN!

JRock

Here's a simple answer: If you have tickets to the MG and tickets to the Rangers, go watch the Rangers play. If you have tickets to the MG and don't have tickets to the Rangers, go watch the MG play.

Here's two better answers.

1. If you have tickets to the Rangers and MG, go to whichever game you want and quit posting about it.
  2. Stop posting about it either way.
  • Upvote 1

People here need a scape goat for why our attendance is so bad.

Is it apathetic students/alumni? A bad football team? Undesirable opponents? Couldn't be. I mean that would make us look bad, right?

Is it those damn Rangers? Bingo. It's not our fault.

It will be interesting what people will come up with after the Rangers win the World Series and our attendance is still poor.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're not sharp anymore. It's been too long and we've hung out in person. Now you're just taking the three most unimportant words of the first post and repeating what CBL said. I can't debate aspergers.

I don't think you understand aspergers/aspergians. You just used it here because you felt bad about typing retard. Right?

• Downvote 2

With a 4:00 PM Mean Green kick-off and 7:00 PM(?) Ranger game I don't understand why some of these (perhaps?) WalMart Ranger fans have suddenly become so passionate. I know there are some of you longtime avid Ranger fans who have reason to say what you say and your loyalty is to be admired, but in Game 3 in Arlington if there is a loss there will still be a tomorrow for the Texas Rangers. North Texas' window of opportunity is not as large inasmuch that we only have 5 or 6 home games per Fall to shake and bake at the Apogee Stadium turnstiles. Right now we are on the cusp of not going to be able to sell our product to CUSA or the MWC. Our criteria at UNT is so much more stringent than (obviously) others in the attendance department but.............it is what it is.

K1 is right inasmuch (and I'll take it further) that re-alignment powers that be are looking at schools like North Texas and what we are doing in attendance. The 6 inch rain from the non-storm for the FAU game that our opponents message boards are saying shouldn't have been an excuse for the poor attendance quite frankly was a real excuse for some of us who had to contend with the results of 6 inches of water coming down in a small amount of time. I could not attend the game due to limb that fell and created a small hole in the SW part of my abode. I stayed home and emptied water into Sunday AM since I didn't have a ladder or tarp to get on top the roof to take care of it on a temporary basis.

Yada-Yada-Yada! :hot:Johnny! You Get An "F"....

Yet...its like if you make an F on a test of which you then have to make that up with an A just to get back on the radar screen. Well, North Texas needs an "A" for our Homecoming crowd tomorrow afternoon starting at 4:00 PM because of the "weather" game. The 6 inches of rain my part of the Metroplex received could have very easily shot up northward to Denton to have really given UNT students reason to not show up for Apogee Stadium's first official monsoon. Denton avoided the bad part of the storm but our attendance dipped too far south as a result of the chances of what could have happened. We don't have many games left to cover our attendance shortfall truth be known and............with our enormous UNT constituency and community, I am not sure why we have to even have this discussion from time to time. (I know...winning cures cancer and it will probably cure most of our attendance problems, too).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen