Open Tailgate?

LongJim

i'll be there along with a friend and a kid...drinking plenty of beer...wifey can't make it. we tailgate with unt90grad and grant.unt in the blue/red lot, backed up to the golf course, by a maintenance building. we get there around 11...white minivan...tan canopy...come on by!

Will be there this Saturday and planning to get a closer look at the tailgating areas--hopefully.

Just wondering who's got a semi-open tailgate for a couple of us to stop by and say hi--and where everyone's located, if so.

Thanks!

LJ, will look you up this Saturday and you can catch me up on some people we know. How about DJ Ed who worked for KLUV for starters?

GMG!

i'll be there along with a friend and a kid...drinking plenty of beer...wifey can't make it. we tailgate with unt90grad and grant.unt in the blue/red lot, backed up to the golf course, by a maintenance building. we get there around 11...white minivan...tan canopy...come on by!

...and I should have some extra burgers.

LJ, will look you up this Saturday and you can catch me up on some people we know. How about DJ Ed who worked for KLUV for starters?

GMG!

Still there, Jim. Ed may have a new jockey gig. I'll tell you about it Saturday.

Taking notes, guys. Thanks for the invites!

Edited by LongJim

Still there, Jim. Ed may have a new jockey gig. I'll tell you about it Saturday.

Taking notes, guys. Thanks for the invites!

I guess we need to move to PM'ing, but DJ Ed was one of my favorites in my 25 years in the tech school recruiting business. We both amazed each other with our knowledge of rock and roll musicology.

See ya' at Apogee, Jim. Where you all sitting? And KingDL1 will take good care of yall at his tailgate station.

Tony aka KingDL1 is a master tailgating chef of the highest order.:goodjob:

May be driving to Denton alone this weekend. Will try to meet fellow mean green fans as I just got back from living abroad and current people I know (UNT football fans) aren't going to the game. Just want to meet more true mean green fans out there. Cheers.

So where are you returning from? Also what part of town are you driving up from, I may be solo too, carpool maybe?

our group usually is in the red/blue lot behind the dorms. i always have a Mean Green flag flying from my truck with a UNT football on top...easy to see. Would love to meet some GMG folks. grill is open if you ever need it.

We might have to take you up on that Saturady. We will be bringing beer and can bring bacon wrapped dove breasts to share.

Also, are there any commercial real estate GMGers coming to the game/tailgate this weekend? Army of Mom has a press pass for this game and finding some CRE people to include in the story would be cool and getting a UNT alum some free pub is always good. Reply here or PM me since she doesn't get on GMG as much as I do.

• Upvote 2

We might have to take you up on that Saturady. We will be bringing beer and can bring bacon wrapped dove breasts to share.

Also, are there any commercial real estate GMGers coming to the game/tailgate this weekend? Army of Mom has a press pass for this game and finding some CRE people to include in the story would be cool and getting a UNT alum some free pub is always good. Reply here or PM me since she doesn't get on GMG as much as I do.

This will be my first time tailgating a UNT football game. We, too, will be parking in the lot behind the dorms near the football field. Can anyone tell me what time they open & close the lots? Recommendations for what to bring (within reason) ... and, reiterating Army of Dad's note .... I cover commercial real estate and will be covering the game and new stadium for the publication I write for ... if there are any commercial real estate types, let me know and I'll give you my cell phone number to call me for where you're at and I'll come say hi and snap a photo ... my first time shooting a football game. I've covered high school games before in the old days as a stringer for the Dallas Times Herald (when I was writing for a daily paper in Northeast Texas ... so shooting the game will be fun and different.

Edited by ArmyOfMom
  • Upvote 1

The UNTFlyer Tailgate will be near The Shed in the Red/Blue lot.

Tailgate Schedule is:

10:00-11:00 AM - ESPN College Gameday

11:00 - 2:00 - Texas vs. Oklahoma

2:00 - Fire up grill for hot dogs

2:30 - 5:30 - Florida at LSU

5:30 - Shutdown - Mean Green Brigade March in the Red/Blue lot to the East Gate

6:00 - In seats for Pre-Game show

6:30 - Kickoff

• Upvote 1