Denton is the official HQ for Sooner Fans...

michagb

You're looking small picture. The demand for the ticket would be huge and, since Apogee is only 30k, many OU fans would take a look at the price of NT season tickets and just buy them. It would stnk for there to be more crimson than green there but the money windfall would be huge...plus, it never bothers SMU when Tech comes to town.

When UTEP hosted UT a couple of year back many people purchased season tickets to get into that game

Would never happen in a 31k stadium even if they bought season tickets they would be of the lowest priority. Plus factor in the expanded demand for tickets by NT fans if they had a team like OU coming in. Moot question, however it is highly unlikely that OU would ever play in Denton.

OU scheduled TCU for a game back in the 90s and has a visit to FW, I believe, scheduled for next year to TCU's new stadium. Here's the deal, though. When OU came to play TCU in FW in the 90s, it was because OU was bad--real bad--but so was TCU. Now that TCU is really good, OU has agreed to play them down here, even though they already play here in the metroplex every year because it helps their SOS, especially now that the Bevo 9 has lost so much prestige.

If/when we ever get that good, as in top 15 regularly, there will be lots of schools that would entertain coming here. But until that happens, you get Indiana here, not Iowa--or anyone bigger than this. If I were RV, though, I would be on the phone with Nebraska or Colorado--telling them we will gladly take a 2 for 1 deal so that they can get some Texas exposure again.

Yall jump to more conclusions than anyone I know. First we have no shot at betting Indiana, then were gonna win the belt. Now lets get a home with 0U's, tap the breaks a little bit.

According to people on the board we're trying to get out of the LSU game, and all the other body bag games. Why would you want to add another? Lets start playing teams we have a good opportunity to beat because I wanna go to a d@mn bowl game

If I remember correctly Texas went to Wyoming only because there was a fallout between Texas and another school and they needed to fill their schedule badly which is why they went to Wyoming.

As for Texas going to UTEP, doesn't the Sun Bowl hold about 50-60k?

OU would come here but only if they had an issue like Texas did and were forced to schedule a road game at Apogee.

is teh link dead? it's not working for me

The site is up and running but the page is empty.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11">

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

Exactly. How many of those hotels are close to entertainment venues in Denton? Looks like it was thrown together at the last minute.

Regardless, Denton would be stupid not to take advantage of the $$$ the OU fans bring to the area, and the A Train sure will beat battling traffic. I would like to see the Denton CVB send out this notification to all our opponents fans.

The OU - TX game kicks off at 11:00am. The first train heading south on Saturdays from Denton doesn't leave until 11:30am so fans can't take the train to the game unless they want to arrive at halftime.

When UTEP hosted UT a couple of year back many people purchased season tickets to get into that game

--The same happened at Tech. Texas and OU fans both bought season tickets to Tech which were fairly cheap at the time just to assure themselves of a seat at their game... the rest of the time they gave away, sold the seats, or sometimes just went. [ most lived in West Texas and some were alums ]

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

So this whole thing is perplexing to me. It's advertising "Walk to over 25 music venues and bars," and "Luxury train to Dallas." But then the hotels are either at 35 & 288, 35 & University or 377. You can't walk to jack from any of those places. I'd be pretty miffed if I thought I was going to wake up, walk to the train, go to the game with no train hassles, come back, walk to a bunch of bars, and walk back to my hotel room with this set up.