Who Has the Biggest Breakout Against Indiana?

Mean Green 93-98

Right now, I just have 5 players selected . . . These are 5 that have had some pretty big expectations at the beginning of the season, but have not really had a "breakout" game yet. So pick one, or pick somebody else (we'll add him to the poll), and tell us why you picked him.

I'm picking Lance--to me it's kind of a no-brainer. He's due, and I know he's mad. I think the O-line gets him some good holes, and I think he busts at least one explosive play. He easily gets his 100 yards, if not 200.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Dunbar may get back to his norm, but is that really a breakout? Cantly no longer starts and Stradford will be lucky to see the field. Hill has been playing good already, though he obviously hasn't got much credit. So I will go with Thompson to have the closest to a breakout than the others listed. My off the list pick is Outlaw, someone in the receiving corp is certainly due.

McCarney basically called out his defensive tackles other than Boutwell and Johnson and Wright at linebacker to improve. I think someone will answer that call, most likely Wright. Cantly has enticed the coaches with his athletic ability ever since joining the team but after 2 years and 3 games and many opportunities has still not make that breakout. Perhaps this is the game, but White started last game and did recover 2 fumbles and although he didn't play well according to McCarney, I project him getting another start.

Edited by GrandGreen

I think...based on the selection choices given...that DT has a breakout game against Indiana and leads the Mean Green to victory #1 in 2011.

But, hey, how about "my guy"...#78, Troy Kokjohn??? He will make a tackle on punt coverage, fill the middle on PAT's and all his snaps will be things of beauty...not a "breakout game" for #78 as that's getting to be pretty normal for him, but just thought the "forgotten man", the deep snapper could use a little love! :thumbsu:

I think...based on the selection choices given...that DT has a breakout game against Indiana and leads the Mean Green to victory #1 in 2011.

But, hey, how about "my guy"...#78, Troy Kokjohn??? He will make a tackle on punt coverage, fill the middle on PAT's and all his snaps will be things of beauty...not a "breakout game" for #78 as that's getting to be pretty normal for him, but just thought the "forgotten man", the deep snapper could use a little love! :thumbsu:

I would love to see a team break out Troy included for sure! I think they will do us proud this Saturday!

My thinking was with regard to a breakout for the season, not necessarily for a player's entire career.

Yes, I understood your point but still think of a breakout as something that has never happened. Otherwise, the first game of the season would be a breakout for anyone that had a good game. I do think that Dunbar will return to form Saturday, although I don't think that Dunbar was the major problem. Stout defenses dedicated to stopping one runner and an inexperienced line were bigger problems than Dunbar;s play.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'll go with a guy not on the list..............James Hamilton. Against Bama he got to show the coaches what he could do. I think because of that, the offensive coaches will try to get him on the field more (not in lieu of Lance--Lance will still get his carries).

• Upvote 2

On that note, I hope we don't punt, and I hope we are kicking a ton of PAT's.

Troy does go unnoticed, which is great for a Long Snapper (what you want), but even Coach Mac says how good he is at what he does, and let's give the guy some credit.

I'll go with a guy not on the list..............James Hamilton. Against Bama he got to show the coaches what he could do. I think because of that, the offensive coaches will try to get him on the field more (not in lieu of Lance--Lance will still get his carries).

We are always thinking alike !