Attendance Projection for this weekend

All About UNT

Anything over 20,000 is a nice improvement over our Fouts averages. As Matt said in a previous post, this is still a work in progress. While I would like to see a minimum of 28,000 at each and every game, the fan base is still building and it will take some time. Those that say the Alumni side turnout was disappointing were not looking at the same side of the stadium I was last Saturday. Sure, it wasn't full, but remember we now have a few hundred or more in the Club Lounge area and boxes, and the side holds more than Fouts,. Same with the student side. I would imagine that we see fewer students this time...it isn't the "first game", but i think we will see more students than we saw at Fouts on a regular basis. The student body attitude has got to change, and it will, but it will not do a 180 in one season. Same for the alumni side. So, let's all do all we can to help as I am certain we will all start enjoying some "winning" football soon.

I cannot wait to see if all the "just win and they will come" folks are correct. I hope they are as UNT will be winning on a much more regular basis soon.

I'll say 22,500.

And just to rant a little bit, almost my whole section on the alumni sat throughout the whole game. Sometimes on third down they would stand up but that was it. Uh.....I can't sit a whole game. I can't even sit 50% of a game. I honestly don't know what to do, i'd like to be polite but it's a friggin college football game.

I'm in the lower half of 205.

• Upvote 1

Anything over 20,000 is a nice improvement over our Fouts averages.

But we're playing Indiana. This is exactly the kind of game we have been saying the AD should schedule for OOC--non-elite teams from the BCS AQ conferences with name recognition. It's a winnable game against a school everybody in the country has some familiarity with.

And it's still the second game of the season . . . Generally, when we have losing seasons (and that's all we know about, as of late), attendance really starts to go south the further we get into the season.

IU will do their part . . . I expect them to have a showing comparable to Houston's, if not better. Assuming that is the case, if attendance only hits 20,000, North Texas will only have brought 15-16k fans.

I don't expect a sellout, but I would have a hard time calling anything over 20,000 "nice" for this matchup at this point in the season.

93-98, I don't disagree with your comments, I was just comparing an over 20,000 with what we experienced during our Fouts years recently. It's definitely a work in progress, but, finally, progress is being made.

Edited by KRAM1

I'll say 22,500.

And just to rant a little bit, almost my whole section on the alumni sat throughout the whole game. Sometimes on third down they would stand up but that was it. Uh.....I can't sit a whole game. I can't even sit 50% of a game. I honestly don't know what to do, i'd like to be polite but it's a friggin college football game.

I'm in the lower half of 205.

Hey Thor...isn't there enough room around us at the top of 106 for Rob to come in? Rob are you by yourself? If you are dude...make it down...if there is room next to Thor that means that you have a wall behind you and it is stand up central. I may offer to swap with two ticket holders behind me to have that top row with the back support and unlimited standing potential.

and it isn't going to happen but if we go the way of Akron I will consider moving to Tahiti.

Attendance at Akron

This is a real fear if we don't win very quickly. While I don't see our atendance dropping to Akron numbers (we are in Texas, after all), I fear that the momentum of the new stadium may be lost if we don't win at least 4 home games this year.

Hey Thor...isn't there enough room around us at the top of 106 for Rob to come in? Rob are you by yourself? If you are dude...make it down...if there is room next to Thor that means that you have a wall behind you and it is stand up central. I may offer to swap with two ticket holders behind me to have that top row with the back support and unlimited standing potential.

the two seats next to us were open last game...we might have room...and we can stand!!!

I got two others this game, but if this keeps up i might have to move. Thanks.

But we're playing Indiana. This is exactly the kind of game we have been saying the AD should schedule for OOC--non-elite teams from the BCS AQ conferences with name recognition. It's a winnable game against a school everybody in the country has some familiarity with.

The Ticket had a college football segment a few minutes ago, spending quite a bit of time on Big 12. Then moved on to the "local scene", making light of TCU hosting Portland State and SMU at Memphis. Then on to SEC teams.

I know I'm going to get -1'd for this, but why can't a station where we have two prominent alums even take the two seconds required to mention that we're hosting Indiana? Even if we weren't playing Indiana, just an "oh, and also North Texas is at home against X".

The athletic department can only do so much if we're going to be outright ignored by the local media to the point of it feeling like they're trying to pretend we don't exist.

Sorry, I'm fuming. :blowup:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

As I have stated numerous time on this forum. We should all call in and flood the

station with calls. That can't hurt, but it also will surely Pi-- them off.

Go Mean Green --- Go North Texas

Scrappyman1

Or we could win an effin football game.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

The Ticket had a college football segment a few minutes ago, spending quite a bit of time on Big 12. Then moved on to the "local scene", making light of TCU hosting Portland State and SMU at Memphis. Then on to SEC teams.

I know I'm going to get -1'd for this, but why can't a station where we have two prominent alums even take the two seconds required to mention that we're hosting Indiana? Even if we weren't playing Indiana, just an "oh, and also North Texas is at home against X".

The athletic department can only do so much if we're going to be outright ignored by the local media to the point of it feeling like they're trying to pretend we don't exist.

Sorry, I'm fuming. :blowup:

I understand the frustration, as I am a P1 and the UNT blowhard in me crosses my fingers that we will get talked about every time I hear a college football segment, but I have to side with the "just win" contingent. While I am not sure that would sell out the stadium on a weekly basis, I certainly think it would put us on the sports talk radar ala TCU and SMUT.

It will happen. GMG.

I understand the frustration, as I am a P1 and the UNT blowhard in me crosses my fingers that we will get talked about every time I hear a college football segment, but I have to side with the "just win" contingent. While I am not sure that would sell out the stadium on a weekly basis, I certainly think it would put us on the sports talk radar ala TCU and SMUT.

It will happen. GMG.

I don't expect them to dedicate 15 minutes to UNT football. I do expect that when they're saying, "Here are the local games tomorrow" that they at least acknowledge our existence. I don't think that's too much to ask, even if we went 0-12.

• Upvote 1

I don't expect them to dedicate 15 minutes to UNT football. I do expect that when they're saying, "Here are the local games tomorrow" that they at least acknowledge our existence. I don't think that's too much to ask, even if we went 0-12.

Don't throw Georgie into this, he's got a lifetime pass as far as I'm concerned. He does nothing but talk positively about our school and his time here. Now craig is a different story, blame all things on him.

• Upvote 1