Attendance Projection for this weekend

All About UNT

Why?

I agree with everything AAUNT said and it's just the sad fact that most students could careless about UNT athletics. For the first game a lot of those students came out of pure curiosity, but we won't get them back until we have a consistent winner.

I don't think there will be a huge dropoff in student turnout, but a thoundsand or so less than the UH game.

I'm just hoping for a good turnout and a very loud stadjium on Saturday. After listening to audio from IU players their coaches have really been talking to them about the atmosphere at The App. I'd hate for them to leave saying that it wasn't as loud as they were expecting.

The App huh? Hmm..

Mark me down as someone who expects a smaller turnout. I'll say about 26,000. The stupid fact is, that hippie children come from hippie parents. So, I'm not expecting as many friends/family to show up to cancel out the drop off from the opening game.

But I hope I'm way wrong and the wing tips are full.

And mark me down as one who says when we have fans saying a "smaller turnout of 26,000" that we are (in deed) making progress at the University of North Texas.

The winged end zone should be made so exclusive and "family friendly" price-wise that it it is full (or almost full) of families and their kids for any game. They may already have it that way, but I'd have to see that sections ticket plan just out of curiousity.

GMG!

I am revising my projection. With 210 and 203 still selling seats the day before the game.... I don't think we have a chance of getting over 23k in the house tomorrow. I hate to say it...but Indiana will not travel as well as Houston did (I would guess 3k max). I hope I am wrong but I just want the rest of you who are more optimistic than I to be prepped for that.

I wish people would get away from the "parking is bad" thing. Parking is "bad" for any sport where you get large numbers of people together in one place.

About the only place in DFW where parking isn't an issue is the AAC due to having the DART/TRE station right next to the arena.

WAAAAAA...WWAAAAAAAAA!!!thumbsd.gifgrowl.gif

Come ON people! You have to walk a mile for most college football games. Do people really think that 30k or more people can ALL park right outside of the stadium??

We need to change the culture around here.....

We need to change the culture around here.....

The culture is seriously changing, but these things take time to feel the effect of. I think it will take a couple more freshman classes, but the percentage of apathetic hippies going to NT is beginning to decrease. Now if we can just get rid of all the Big 12 T-shirt fans we will be in great shape.

just remember though that students and diehards are the ones that make most of the noise. We will still have those two elements I just think that the curious ones might have only bought for Houston. There is a chance that 21-23k of true fans could produce the same volume of noise as the 28k mixture of curious types and gameday visitors.

just remember though that students and diehards are the ones that make most of the noise. We will still have those two elements I just think that the curious ones might have only bought for Houston. There is a chance that 21-23k of true fans could produce the same volume of noise as the 28k mixture of curious types and gameday visitors.

Good Point. I think even just 20k would produce an awesome atmosphere.

Being an alumni, the alumni side was disappointing for the UH game.

Not where I was sitting. But yes...everyone should bring 1 person. I am rotating through 6 different people this year and have convinced others to show up as well (and take big donor's giveaway tickets at least). Seriously...if you don't bring someone to the game this year that has never been... Chuck Norris will CLUB a baby seal. Don't doubt him people....he will do it.

UNT%252520Seal.png