Female Line Judge in the Houston game.

FirefightnRick

Not sure everyone realized the line judge on the alumni side was female. You surely don't see that too often. But I did, and took advantage of this by having a little fun with the wife over it and hope any of the ladies sitting around us who may have heard realized my intentions as well. No, I don't think women's places are in the kitchen, nor was I truly serious when I stated that her yellow flag was for things other than dusting when she missed that face mask call on the sidelines 5 feet from her. In fact, even though she doesn't share my same sense of humor I thought the wife took it rather well until the 10 year old repeated me about how pretty soon they will have the QB wearing a dress before long if the rules to protect them keep changing. Anyhow,....

Emmitt, can I stay at your place this week?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought the crowd was justifiable in voicing its displeasure with the officiating. The one noncall I thought was most obvious seems, unfortunately rather common. That would be the lack of blowing the whistle to call the play dead on one of our running plays when the pile had been moving backwards for several seconds and about ten yards. I explained to my wife that this can result in players getting hurt unnecessarily and sure enough, a Houston player had to be helped off the field after the pile finally collapsed.

• 2 weeks later...

She needs a little help seeing offsides, false starts, holding, and personal fouls / unsportsmanlike; the consensus of our fanbase was that she missed about 5 to 10 of those fouls in the UH game, and I have to agree with our fans. She was awful that night.

:startle:

To be fair, she took her cues from the man in the white hat.

She needs a little help seeing offsides, false starts, holding, and personal fouls / unsportsmanlike; the consensus of our fanbase was that she missed about 5 to 10 of those fouls in the UH game, and I have to agree with our fans. She was awful that night.

:startle:

she was speaking to the kids at half. She mentioned something about atterberry getting hit and stated it wasnt her job to watch that play.

I'm thinking if you saw it throw the flag?

The referee claimed the kick was tipped by the Houston player thus nulifying the flag. I call B.S. since they were CUSA officials.

i said this during the game and will say it again....If the punt was tipped....their is no way it travels 50 yard in the middle of the field....absolute BS