Our Vegan Cafeteria gets some pub

NorthTexan95

Fred Thompson, former Senator from Tennessee, movie/tv actor ... posted the following on Facebook:

"A public university near Dallas opened an all-vegan cafeteria on campus.

I think I may have just found the perfect location for my first "Fred's Steakhouse."

Of course, some idiot made some uneducated comments about UNT so I felt the need to correct him.

Fred Thompson on Facebook

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't understand the problem with a vegan restaurant. I'm not a vegan but have tried to cut the amount if animal protein in my diet. I would think capitalists would be happy with this. If there is a market for it then it will survive. If not it will die.

Oh and not a football forum subject.

Edited by EagleD

I don't understand the problem with a vegan restaurant.

Oh and not a football forum subject.

Just going out on the limb, but I'm guessing it has something to do with government's tendency to tell us what we should be eating.

San Francisco banning happy meals, the feds withholding funds from schools that do not comply with new nutrition rules, and NYC banning trans-fat foods... just to name a few.

And I agree, this belongs in the Pie forum.

I think it is interesting to note that Fred Thompson knows more about North Texas that even he might realize.

He was in the Acadmey Award winning film Necessary Roughness filmed in Denton and North Texas. Thompson's career was stalled until he created the Emmy Award character that brought him international fame.

GO MEAN GREEN

I think it is interesting to note that Fred Thompson knows more about North Texas that even he might realize.

He was in the Acadmey Award winning film Necessary Roughness filmed in Denton and North Texas. Thompson's career was stalled until he created the Emmy Award character that brought him international fame.

GO MEAN GREEN

Did he really know where he was when he was here, or did he just consider himself at "a public university near Dallas"?

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 2

Fred Thompson; wasn't he an actor or something once? I'm no vegan, I just don't care what the Hollywood bunch say about us. If they want to send money, that's fine, as long as they just hand over the check and keep their piehole shut.

Fred Thompson is far from the Hollywood bunch. He's actually a pretty conservative Republican ... really more of a country boy from Tennessee. He was a Republican nominee for President in 2008. President Bush tapped him to lead Supreme Court Justices John Roberts and Samuel Alito through their congressional hearings.

• Upvote 2

Fred Thompson is far from the Hollywood bunch. He's actually a pretty conservative Republican ... really more of a country boy from Tennessee. He was a Republican nominee for President in 2008. President Bush tapped him to lead Supreme Court Justices John Roberts and Samuel Alito through their congressional hearings.

Whatever. He's a typical Hollywood limousine liberal elitist, eager to nanny-state us proud, Ovaltine-drinking middle americans into poverty. Just to save a few stupid owls.

EBONICS.

Whatever. He's a typical Hollywood limousine liberal elitist, eager to nanny-state us proud, Ovaltine-drinking middle americans into poverty. Just to save a few stupid owls.

EBONICS.

Did you know Fred Thompson went to Hanoi in 1972 and accused the American military forces of purposely destroying the dikes on the Red River? He was even photographed on a piece of North Vietnamese artillery with a bunch of Viet Cong.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Did you know Fred Thompson went to Hanoi in 1972 and accused the American military forces of purposely destroying the dikes on the Red River? He was even photographed on a piece of North Vietnamese artillery with a bunch of Viet Cong.

He's a P.C. thug, and he doesn't understand good old fashioned Red State family values.

Somewhere, right now, Fred Thompson is getting an avocado facial scrub and munching on couscous, plotting the liberal elite takeover of our Once Proud Nation.

I heard that he got his Purple Heart for breastfeeding commie Vietnamese babies so that 40 years later, they could campaign for gay marriage and stem cell research.

Ninjaface.

I ate there earlier today and the food is actually better than the other cafeterias except Victory.

However, I found it really annoying how they had all these quotes from people making it seem like vegeterianism is the answer to all the world's problems and that you are somehow a better person if you are a vegan. Yeah right... :growl: