Dan McCarney Radio Show Starts TONIGHT 6:30 PM

ntsumgspe

DENTON, Texas - The Dan McCarney radio show begins tonight at Rudy's BBQ in Denton. The show begins August 29 at 6:30 p.m. and runs throughout the season every Monday night. The hour-long show can be heard on 88.1 FM KNTU each Monday night.

You can join the Mean Green's head coach and his host, George Dunham, for an hour of insights and highlights starting at 6:30 p.m. Trivia questions and prizes will be part of the hour-long show along with a live microphone for fans to ask questions of Coach McCarney.

Rudy's BBQ in Denton is located at 520 South Interstate 35E.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205245884

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

This post has been promoted to an article

Pretty sure the answer is no, but I'll ask anyway . . .

Is there any way to listen to the radio show after it has aired?

Check out the Mean Green Club blast email that Jon Burkett sent out this afternoon...there may be hope for you! I did not read that entire item as I will probably be attending in person, but check it out. There may be good news for you...and others in your same situation.

Check out the Mean Green Club blast email that Jon Burkett sent out this afternoon...there may be hope for you! I did not read that entire item as I will probably be attending in person, but check it out. There may be good news for you...and others in your same situation.

I'm not catching it from the e-mail--I only see two options . . .

If you can't make it to Denton, listen to us live on 88.1 KNTU.

I'm not catching it from the e-mail--I only see two options . . .

Hmmmmm...sorry, I just very briefly skimmed it as I am going to be there in person. Thought I saw something about an archive of the broadcast or a late replay. Must read much closer next time...I wonder if Harry can hook up a reply for later listening pleasure for those who can't be available to hear it live? Might be worth a PM to harry.

Sorry if I got your hopes up. Bummer!

Pretty sure the answer is no, but I'll ask anyway . . .

Is there any way to listen to the radio show after it has aired?

In the past you would be able to hear the archived coaches shows on kntu's website in the sports page. However expediency of the archiving process was a problem.

Edited by filmerj

Hmmmmm...sorry, I just very briefly skimmed it as I am going to be there in person. Thought I saw something about an archive of the broadcast or a late replay. Must read much closer next time...I wonder if Harry can hook up a reply for later listening pleasure for those who can't be available to hear it live? Might be worth a PM to harry.

Sorry if I got your hopes up. Bummer!

Kram1, you're not crazy. I anticipated not being able to listen live and conjured up a mighty super internet hero message called "email". FYI, You thought right:

to Eric.Capper@unt.edu

cc Steven.Bartolotta@unt.edu

date Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:24 PM

subject Question about Coach McCarney's radio show

Hi!

Will the coach's radio show be recorded and archived for those of us that cannot tune in live?

Thanks!

---

from Capper, Eric Eric.Capper@unt.edu

to ---

cc "Bartolotta, Steven" <Steven.Bartolotta@unt.edu>

date Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:43 PM

subject RE: Question about Coach McCarney's radio show

I believe that is the case, but Steven can confirm.

Eric Capper

Senior Associate Athletics Director

University of North Texas

www.MeanGreenSports.com

from Bartolotta, Steven Steven.Bartolotta@unt.edu

to ---

date Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 3:41 PM

subject RE: Question about Coach McCarney's radio show

---

It will be, KNTU will archive the show each week on their website. Since it's a KNTU production, technically speaking, I can't archive it on our website but they will.

Thanks!

Good show, good food, and got me drinking more of that Mean Green Koolaid.

Kram, you left before we had a chance to finish our conversations.

Hey, sorry, Rudy...you left to go chat with some of the Mean green Club folks, so i thought we were "done". My bad...happy to continue that conversation any time. Good to see you, as always, and happy you made it to the show.

• Upvote 1

I talked to the GM of the Rudy's in Denton, and they will be showing the game Thursday night!

Did he realize it's not televised on TV? Even Coach Mac referred to it as "nationally televised" on ESPN3, which could have confused folks since ESPN3 is an Internet feed only.

That's awesome if they are doing the laptop song and dance.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

The GM from the Rudy's in Denton called the Allen location and they are setting up via laptop and connecting it to the TV in the backroom. If you would like to catch the game Thursday night in the AC and have some beverages too Rudys in the place to be in Denton.

The GM from the Rudy's in Denton called the Allen location and they are setting up via laptop and connecting it to the TV in the backroom. If you would like to catch the game Thursday night in the AC and have some beverages too Rudys in the place to be in Denton.

I had a hankerin' for some barbeque anyway. :thumbsu:

Looks like I'll be at Rudy's on Thursday night. Hope to see some of you there.

Good deal! They should do this at all their locations instead of just Allen and Denton! ;)