UH, OH

SHOSS

Ok, I am officially setting my expectations very very very low for the Stadjum opener. Hopefully that way I won't be dissappointed...

But, Case Keenum and company are getting some pretty serious pre-season buzz on the 4 letter network website...

Non-top 25'ers that are expected to move up the ranks...

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?name=feldman_bruce&id=6849487

Heisman watch - Obviously a flawed list since Lance isn't mentioned

(settle down everybody... I'm joking, but I'm not...err, uhhh...queue the Lance music?)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Ok, I am officially setting my expectations very very very low for the Stadjum opener. Hopefully that way I won't be dissappointed...

But, Case Keenum and company are getting some pretty serious pre-season buzz on the 4 letter network website...

http://insider.espn....ruce&id=6849487

(settle down everybody... I'm joking, but I'm not...err, uhhh...queue the Lance music?)

http://espn.go.com/c...otball/heisman/

Oh, Ye of little faith! :thumbsd:

No real surprises there. The only team that has a chance to surprise in a positive way on September 10 is UNT.

• Upvote 2

They are getting plenty of publicity and they should. There is speed all over the field for them, and a QB back for his last season who threw for 5,000 yards.

I think this will be an entertaining contest to the tune of 100 points scored combined.

I fail to see how getting buzz translates to them already having won the game.

It doesn't. BUT, I thought this might be a bad choice for our first game in the new stadjum, and the buzz just reinforces why I am lowering my expectations... If we got a repeat of the k-state game, I might be happy. a couple of years from now, I won't be satisfied with moral victories... Just real victories.

The first game can't get here quickly enough...

go mean green...

• Upvote 1

It doesn't. BUT, I thought this might be a bad choice for our first game in the new stadjum, and the buzz just reinforces why I am lowering my expectations...

I imagine a lot of UCF fans thought the same of having Texas open their stadium. Or maybe they didn't...

It's U of H, not Alabama. Houston lost games to UTEP, UCF, and ECU in 2009 when Keenum was QB. He threw for over 1400 yards and 13 touchdowns in those three games. All of which were LOSING EFFORTS.

Edited by Eagle1855

I imagine a lot of UCF fans thought the same of having Texas open their stadium. Or maybe they didn't...

It's U of H, not Alabama. Houston lost games to UTEP, UCF, and ECU in 2009 when Keenum was QB. He threw for over 1400 yards and 13 touchdowns in those three games. All of which were LOSING EFFORTS.

Yeah, they did, but that has zero effect on how they will do against UNT in 2011.

Yeah, they did, but that has zero effect on how they will do against UNT in 2011.

Well 2009 is the last full season Keenum played. So it's just meant to illustrate that Keenum can throw for 500 yards twice and just inside 400 yards in three losing efforts. As in, he can't win these games alone. I'm not sure why everyone on this board is so hell-bent on being miserable. I can't wait til we start winning again!

Edited by Eagle1855
  • Upvote 1

Well 2009 is the last full season Keenum played. So it's just meant to illustrate that Keenum can throw for 500 yards twice and just inside 400 yards in three losing efforts. As in, he can't win these games alone. I'm not sure why everyone on this board is so hell-bent on being miserable. I can't wait til we start winning again!

Even if we do win, that doesn't mean that we will have won by enough. You think so small time.

Keenum will get his yards, folks. It's just how Houston's system works, and he is really good at running it.

We need Dunbar to play like the manbeast we saw against KState, plus one or two others will have to establish themselves as 2011 playmakers. Chancellor, anyone?

I think this Houston team scored 24+ points in the final quarter a couple years ago to steal a win against UTEP. And it didn't surprise me one bit.

But who knows? What if Keenum ends up being a complete flop because he was away from the game for a year? Or, it might take him a few games to get back to up to speed.

• Upvote 1

It was an odd numbered year. Everyone knows that George O'Leary has never had a losing season in odd numbered years, so they were expecting something. Weird stat, but true.

They also went 10-4 that year and won CUSA so if we want to continue the comparison, UNT should have an awesome year if they beat UH. Of course I think UH is going to be pretty good this year so if UNT can beat UH, they should beat most of the other teams on their schedule.

• Upvote 1

I'm so sick of people with low confidence. It is this very reason I avoid people who are always complaining and drudging in misery. Always looking for the negative news story, or how bad their life is, how hard their job is...seriously. Enough is enough.

Think of the 1980 USA Hockey team.

• Upvote 2

Some may remember several years ago when the Baylor Bears went down to Beaumont to play the Lamar U Cardinals (when they had football) and came back to Waco with a loss. Hmmm?:rolleyes:

We all love to speculate, but UH's run defense is suspect and we do have a Doak Walker Award nomineee running back wearing Mean Green, too. I think it could be a most interesting game myself, but do have some concerns with the Coog's overall team speed. Rice had us in that department if my memory serves me. Glad they get to play the game so we will all see.

GMG!

• Upvote 1