New Stadium to be on TV tonite & Wed. morning

NT80

Two full segments before and after a commercial break. I don't know who we know at channel 21, but someone there must be an alumni.

I was very happy with the interview and can't wait for the season. Even when given the "woe is me" bait, Coach Mac didn't take it thid time. Great interview. Great publicity (even if it is only channel 21). I wish chl 11 would give us that much time, but I think we will just get snippets of the chl 21 interview (I think they are both sister stations)

The Great Dandy Killeen is the Sports Director for KTVT 11 / 21 & a UNT Grad.

WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS!!!!! That's not a question, it's a statement. If you cannot get excited about UNT and the Mean green seeing that interview and the stadium then you just must be ready for the undertaker. I was so proud to be a member of the great Mean green nation while watching that interview. Great interview and a good length as well, not some 30 sec. spot. This was the real deal, and everyone who calls them self a fan of the Mean green should be VERY proud of THEIR UNIVERSITY.

It is high time that all alums and fans of the Mean Green wear their Mean Green gear often and with pride and challenge anyone (alum or non-alum alike) who dares to make disparaging remarks about the Mean Green and UNT in general. It stops NOW and the Mean Green Nation needs to lead that charge.

You never hear Coach Mac in public being anything but positive about the Mean green, and that is beginning to get across in the Metroplex and beyond and it is helping to bring pride back to the Mean Green Nation members who need for some reason to have their pride restored.

The time is NOW for the Mean green nation...be proud of your university and help to spread the word. Go grab an alum who hasn't been back or who hasn't attended a game in a long time and invite them back to see the progress. Invite them to return to the Mean Green Nation. My guess is that many are just looking for any excuse to "come home".

Just a fantastic interview! GO MEAN GREEN & Why Not North Texas!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS!!!!! That's not a question, it's a statement. If you cannot get excited about UNT and the Mean green seeing that interview and the stadium then you just must be ready for the undertaker. I was so proud to be a member of the great Mean green nation while watching that interview. Great interview and a good length as well, not some 30 sec. spot. This was the real deal, and everyone who calls them self a fan of the Mean green should be VERY proud of THEIR UNIVERSITY.

It is high time that all alums and fans of the Mean Green wear their Mean Green gear often and with pride and challenge anyone (alum or non-alum alike) who dares to make disparaging remarks about the Mean Green and UNT in general. It stops NOW and the Mean Green Nation needs to lead that charge.

You never hear Coach Mac in public being anything but positive about the Mean green, and that is beginning to get across in the Metroplex and beyond and it is helping to bring pride back to the Mean Green Nation members who need for some reason to have their pride restored.

The time is NOW for the Mean green nation...be proud of your university and help to spread the word. Go grab an alum who hasn't been back or who hasn't attended a game in a long time and invite them back to see the progress. Invite them to return to the Mean Green Nation. My guess is that many are just looking for any excuse to "come home".

Just a fantastic interview! GO MEAN GREEN & Why Not North Texas!!!!!!

49a1a1fb7e2a49a5afc4536b39cec539-800.png

I just flipped over to Channel 8 and caught the last bit of an RV interview on the 12 o'clock news. Looked like it was probably recorded after the live spot this morning. So much UNT coverage, I can't keep up. I like it!

Agree...it's fantastic!

And how about this starting with July 30th kick-off event at the new stadium? I have gone to soooo many of these kick-off events and looked out over the crowd (most of them long time fans and doners) and thought "doesn't anyone own a North Texas shirt and/or hat?" It's a gathering of LOYAL FANS FORGODSAKE! CAN WE FOR ONCE START LOOKING LIKE IT?

rant over

First time that I have heard that the North Texas Blvd bridge will be closed to car traffic before and after the game. Very good idea, even if it does make getting back southbound !35W from the north parking lot more difficult.

We still would need a proper pedestrian bridge over to the Fouts Field parking lots as this would alleviate so much concern about parking and easy access to the stadium. Just my .02. I think shutting down the the BLVD bridge is a great start for sure....but still a ways away from the parking lots of Fouts for older people...and the lazy types.

I had heard originally that half the bridge would be closed for foot traffic and half open (one way) for car entry or exit. I think there is to be an entry road there for the Victory lot parking.

The story on the chl 8 website says half the bridge closed down, also. RV probably just misstated this in the interview. That would make the most sense.

And how about this starting with July 30th kick-off event at the new stadium? I have gone to soooo many of these kick-off events and looked out over the crowd (most of them long time fans and doners) and thought "doesn't anyone own a North Texas shirt and/or hat?" It's a gathering of LOYAL FANS FORGODSAKE! CAN WE FOR ONCE START LOOKING LIKE IT?

rant over

It's a love fest...I think you are 1000% CORRECT!!!!! Can we all just wear our Mean green gear with pride often, and for certain at Mean Green events and gatherings as Silver suggests. I'm in....

• Upvote 1

It's a love fest...I think you are 1000% CORRECT!!!!! Can we all just wear our Mean green gear with pride often, and for certain at Mean Green events and gatherings as Silver suggests. I'm in....

DId you 2 score after that beer?

Get a room, already. ;)

• Upvote 2

I am off today and saw an article on TXCN TV about the stadium. It wasn't great but at

least it gave us some exposure. If a number of us could e-mail ESPN about them having an

article about the stadium since it was the same company that built Cowboy Stadium it would

help us even more. Everyone e-mail ESPN today.

GO GREEN GO UNT