Weiner's heckles were no more vicious than the heckles of the democrats against any of the republicans who resigned for their inappropriateness.

Pelosi vowed to clean the Augean stables....I was surprised to see the democrats eat one of their own.....a rareity but still a pleasant surprise.

--- Democrats are decent people too. They aren't like some try to portray them... Both groups have their rats.. Gingrich was one of the worse and made Clinton look like a saint if you really looked into everything that he has done. I don't need to go into details. They may not always agree with the other party but they are patriotic and mostly Christian people. Personally I hated Iraq from day one because I did not want to see Americans die for what I thought was a poor reason... Guess what, the WMD didn't exist and Iraq had zero to do with 9-11 although some implied that they did. As for other reasons, compare the economy at the end of 2000 with the end of 2008. Also compare the national debt of those two years.... it doubled.... which means one administration's debt equaled all 42 previous ones. So much for the claim of being financially conservative.. The claims a lot of people try to present just aren't accurate.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Amazing how the guy decides to resign just after his wife gets home! A tad late, sir, but at least you finally resigned. Scumbag that you are! This has absolutely nothing to do with being democrat or republican, it has everything to do with one's moral compass and understanding of right and wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Amazing how the guy decides to resign just after his wife gets home! A tad late, sir, but at least you finally resigned. Scumbag that you are! This has absolutely nothing to do with being democrat or republican, it has everything to do with one's moral compass and understanding of right and wrong.

Scumbag b/c he's married, right?

Wrong! But, you knew that before you posted the comment.

I meant married and sending seedy pics makes him a scumbag...kinda agree, though we don't know what kind of relationship he has with his wife.

The pictures themselves for a single man...can't really see anything wrong there, friend...

• Upvote 1

I meant married and sending seedy pics makes him a scumbag...kinda agree, though we don't know what kind of relationship he has with his wife.

The pictures themselves for a single man...can't really see anything wrong there, friend...

Well, I guess you and I just have different standards for "right and wrong" even for a single guy. Sending "explicit" tweets, etc. to underage kids is "scumbag" action in my book for anyone...married or single. And, I hold my elected officials to an even higher standard of ethical behavior as they are represented this great nation of ours. His being married or not has little/nothing to do with his "scumbagedness".

Maybe its a fine line with you, but I think we all know the line was crossed...single or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The problem is the lying.

Going on Rachel Madow (the hard hitting journalist that she/he is) and yucking it up like a high schooler ("I wish that were me".. backhanded self-compliment just shows the arrogance of this @ss) while completely denying that he sent the photos and saying that the photos either 1) weren't of him or; 2) altered photos of him is the reason this immoral idiot needed to resign.

Good riddance, self-involved %rick.

EDIT: What a joke of a "journalist"

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

....or did he? He did hold one of the most bizarre news conferences in recent memory, but he has yet to submit his formal resignation letter to The Speaker. His Congressional office is still fully staffed. Lots of speculation up here....he may actually run in the special election (if one is necessary) and let "the people" decide. Or they may take a page out of the Clinton playbook and run Huma for his open seat. Amazing.

Keith

Sending pictures like that is a pretty dumb thing to do when you are in a position like his. Despite that, I am much more bothered by the fact that he blatantly lied about it than his actions in the first place (which I don't like). The pictures are an issue between him and his wife, but the lying is an issue between him and his consitituents.

i just got a job at a tv station helping run their morning news show....im really going to miss the 3 weeks of great weiner headlines like "Weiner Comes Clean" or "Weiner's Rise and Fall" or "Weiner finally yanks himself" ....it really was news gold for 3 weeks or so...

There are some new titles that you could still see: "Weiner shrinks from spotlight" or "Weiner deep in despair" or "Weiner impact not as big as expected" or "Just the tip of the Weiner scandal".

Edited by forevereagle