New Helmet Spotted

Zeke

Are yall really debating about what should be on the HELMET??? 4 pages about helmets, really. Its a flippin helmet, who cares if it has the SOW or UNT, just leave it up to the professionals, ie NIKE, im pretty sure they have more experience than me or us. Dont forget to tivo HGTV and E! tonight, im sure theyll say what colors go with what, Green and white always look good, imo

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

Are yall really debating about what should be on the HELMET??? 4 pages about helmets, really. Its a flippin helmet, who cares if it has the SOW or UNT, just leave it up to the professionals, ie NIKE, im pretty sure they have more experience than me or us. Dont forget to tivo HGTV and E! tonight, im sure theyll say what colors go with what, Green and white always look good, imo

You must be new here.

• Upvote 3

What a jerk... :thumbdown:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i wonder if EA sports NCAA football 2012 is gonna have UNT in green helmets or white. i'd be impressed if they had us in a new stadium. to my knowledge, they've never had our fight song on that game. i'll keep you all posted.

...cause i'm a team player like that.

Edited by jquincy

you probably wear hawaiian shirts with plaid shorts, or brown with black. what kind of MONSTER are you?

in all seriousness, i'm glad it's not up to you. you'd have every team sorted out by a single color. like it or not, uniforms are EXTREMELY important to the overall identity of a team. honestly, could you imagine the cowboys without a star on the helmet? you might not care one bit if notre dame were to change their colors/uniforms to lime green and doodoo black, but there's a lot of sensible, red-blooded american men who would immediately turn in their sanity card if they did.

• 2 weeks later...

It may've already been pointed out and i've missed it, but the helmet project has updated our helmet...

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

I sent the experiencethenewmeangreen.com link earlier in the week to the guy that does the Helmet Project website, letting him know about the new helmets. Others may have done the same. My guess is that this was enough for him to use to update the site.

I saw a t-shirt in Denton on Friday with the light green worm logo helmet on it. I was tempted to buy it, but then I realized that instead of being retro, I'd experience the grief I got over wearing a UNT hat with an old logo on it again.

Using Notre Dame and the Cowboys as comparative examples is a little bit hyperbole. Those are nationally embraced brands with decades of winning tradition that haven't changed design in my lifetime. UNT has changed every four or five years and still hasn't found its branding niche.

For me, whatever uniform/color scheme the team is wearing when it starts consistently winning in and out of conference is the one that will catch on. White helmet, green helmet, sow, North Texas, block letters, script -- it won't matter a bit to me.

I like to see less majoring in minors and more growth for the program itself in on field performance.