New Seat Selections For A Lot Of Fans Today

Harry

Link to Seating Chart as of 9am June 1st.

I went ahead and selected aisle seats on the front row of the lower bowl... I how we will have decent perspective being that low. I loved how close the action seemed when I saw UNT play Monroe last year in Monroe. Terrible stadium experience overall, but you were so close, you felt like you were on the field.

See ya'll Sept 10th!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

I don't have a facebook account. Could you post the chart on the blog for those of us who are technologically challenged?

Thanks.

Peacock and I have our seats together (he was my proxy as well, since Honduras is a bit of a hike). Sec 104, row 1. I think it is seats 1-4.

Here is the pic from our selection he posted on facebook. Seats circled.

gallery_11007_24_34635.jpg

Thanks for posting the chart.

You can mark off Section 105 Row 3 Seats 1-5 and Row 4 Seats 1-4. It came down to those seats or 207 rows 11 and 12 I think. I talked my group into going for the lower seats so we can be more into the game and get rowdy. Hopefully they wont hate me in the end. We are all in our mid 20s and like to pretend we are still in college on game days so we will be standing and screaming and sneaking in a flask or two... you didn't hear that from me B) .

Can't wait for September 10th! Can't wait for September 1st! Going to Miami too!

Got mine today as well. Section 106 Row 13 Seats 25-26 (two in from the aisle on the back row of the bottom bowl). I have to say that Cooper Jones is a fantastic representative of the program and we need more like him. He stood and chatted for a good 20 minutes with me about this and that, despite my low level donor status. :P

Some things I learned/confirmed:

• The wingzone will not be painted green, but might have a few more green accents.
  • The black sidelines are partially there to make the uniforms and sidelines pop a bit more.
  • No real answer for what's going in at mid-field or what the endzones will look like.
  • No tailgating in the Victory lot itself. You'll park there and then unload your tailgating equipment into the grassy areas. First come, first serve.

We talked about a few other things, and I gave my two cents on using the SOW more and increasing presence in DFW. Was taken aback by a few revelations in the conversation about the difficulty of marketing in years past (although Cooper is fairly new to the program). Gives me a bit more appreciation for what they're working with. I did really stress my personal opinion that they need to get the SOW out there more, especially on the helmet. :D

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 2

You can mark off Section 105 Row 3 Seats 1-5 and Row 4 Seats 1-4. It came down to those seats or 207 rows 11 and 12 I think. I talked my group into going for the lower seats so we can be more into the game and get rowdy. Hopefully they wont hate me in the end. We are all in our mid 20s and like to pretend we are still in college on game days so we will be standing and screaming and sneaking in a flask or two... you didn't hear that from me B) .

Just so you young guns know, you will still be able to sneak in a flask (and want to) when you are 66, like me! :D

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind when you are looking at the seat selection that there are about 600 Mean Green members in the Club level and even more in the Suite level. Include all those members, and the lower bowl would appear much more full.

Just a thought.

Keep in mind when you are looking at the seat selection that there are about 600 Mean Green members in the Club level and even more in the Suite level. Include all those members, and the lower bowl would appear much more full.

Just a thought.

I was told that they've already sold as many season tickets as they did all of last year with three months to go before the season starts.

[*]No tailgating in the Victory lot itself. You'll park there and then unload your tailgating equipment into the grassy areas. First come, first serve.

i was told differently from my dude...can't remember his name, but i've seen him and chatted with him a ton. i asked if we could still setup behind our cars and he said we could.

my reps name started with an M and i know he's headed to vegas thursday with some other AD folks.

i was told differently from my dude...can't remember his name, but i've seen him and chatted with him a ton. i asked if we could still setup behind our cars and he said we could.

my reps name started with an M and i know he's headed to vegas thursday with some other AD folks.

Was it Matt Stitsinger (Assistant Athletic Director For Development)? I was also told Mean Green Club members would be parking at the southeast corner of Victory Hall and that tailgating was permitted. However, I was told this by Jon Burkett (Director of the Mean Green Club). We discussed that there are some primo spots where you can back in with a grassy area right behind the car for tailgating. Same deal as at Fouts where you have to show up early if you want to park where you want...otherwise you'll have to park where the parking nazi's tell you.

I finally got to choose today and I went with the lower section of 205 instead of upper 208. The representative helping me sold me on not worrying about the "shade" factor since the only day games would be the televised one's (indiana on big 10 network at best this season). The entire season ticket side is shaded by 5:00 so all i need to be concerned with is rain. I'm confident that a hat, sunscreen and a poncho will solve all my problems. I even splurged and went for the pricy seatbacks... hopefully that will please the wife.

The unt rep really pushed the seats next to the entry corridor walls on the first 3 rows of the upper bowl. I love the aisle seat at basketball games but the thought of never having to stand or shift for someone to pass really intrigued me. We will also be a little closer to the action and the view of the video board should be great. Hopefully I'll have some sitters in the row in front of me.

The live cam and our pictures don't seem to be serving this venue justice. Being that close to it for the first time while walking across the terrace, it seems like it will be very intimate yet noise conducive.

• Upvote 1

Can someone who's going to pick out their seats in the next few days ask about whether there will be any beer sales to us non-elite? I know the answer is 99% likely to be no, but I'd like to get official confirmation.

It is my understanding that the Alumni Pavilion will have beer for sale. Are you an Alumni Assoc. member?

If not, I believe membership starts at $35/year.

Well worth the cost for Alumni Pavilion entry...big screen TV's, food and drinks prior to the game...big porch area, etc.

It's a great value for your membership dollars!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

It is my understanding that the Alumni Pavilion will have beer for sale. Are you an Alumni Assoc. member?

Well worth the cost for Alumni Pavilion entry...big screen TV's, food and drinks prior to the game...big porch area, etc.

It's a great value for your membership dollars!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Hey Kram.....can I bring people into the Alum Pavilion?

Hey Kram.....can I bring people into the Alum Pavilion?

There will be a "guest privilege" for Alumni Association members to bring in a certain number of guests, not an unlimited number. That number has not been determined as yet, but a "temp membership guest fee" will also be available for one time use for those with guests over the allowable number of "free" guest passes. As I understand it, there will be a grace period for the first game where the limits will not apply.

The point is to have a place for Alumni Association members and their guests (up to a certain number free) to enjoy pre-game activities, food and drink (for purchase), watch games on big-screen TV's before UNT's kick-off, to relax and to enjoy mixing and mingling with other UNT Alums.

Alumni Association membership is very reasonable and with the pavilion opening it makes good economic sense to join the Alumni Association.

• Upvote 1

Being part of the Alumni Assoc is a good thing, but I can drink beer at my tailgate before the game. I just want to confirm whether or not I'll be able to buy $6/bottle beer in the stadium while the game is being played. :P

Being part of the Alumni Assoc is a good thing, but I can drink beer at my tailgate before the game. I just want to confirm whether or not I'll be able to buy $6/bottle beer in the stadium while the game is being played. :P

I'm .001% certain that you'll be able to. (Not even as good as Emmitt's odds)

Edited by GrayEagle