Bho Birth Certificate Released

At least I hope this non-issue is over. What more can be said?

OK, now it is finally over. BHO has released his long form birth certificate to the public. One has to wonder "what took so long"? If he really thought this was such a non-issue and a distraction from real issues, why wait so long to release the darn thing? Plus, I think he could have used it much more strategically in the upcoming campaign rather than release it now. Now, Donald trump will take all the credit for getting the thing released...maybe he did have something to do with it, but surely, no one thinks Trump is a viable candidate for president of this great nation of ours.

If you want to see the birth certificate, it is online at MSN.com and any number of other sites.

Finally, thank goodness, the guy did the easy thing and released the long form birth certificate. Unless he was actually enjoying it all...why not do this years ago when the issue first came up? At least this end that silly "birther" thing. Seems to me that it works more in the favor of his political opponents campaigns than it does his...the dems can't be calling folks "birthers" any longer.

Now, get on with issues that matter for the nation and the world. PLEASE!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Now, get on with issues that matter for the nation and the world. PLEASE!

No kidding! Can't wait to see what Trump/other Tea Partiers have to say. Trump will obviously never admit to being wrong, can't stand the guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Politically well played by the democrats. Let the other side get their dander up over a non-issue, avoid disclosure on the non-issue, making it look like you actually have something to hide. Meanwhile, have your buddies in the media report on how kooky the other side is for holding this position while not forcing you to show yours. Wait until you have the most to gain before disclosing the proof that you know is there, and then, BAM, smack them hole cards face up on the table and rake in a huge political pot.

How I would love to sit down at a poker table with the republican leadership.

• Downvote 6

Yeah...that was really contrived...

To portray people who merely ask to see the birth certificate as kooky is contrived.

The ones that were claiming that he wasn't an American citizen without seeing the birth certificate were just politically stupid (see: Donald Trump) and will now pay the price. How anyone could think that, if this were a real issue, it would have gotten by the Clinton political machine in the primaries is just beyond rational political thought.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

To portray people who merely ask to see the birth certificate as kooky is contrived.

The ones that were claiming that he wasn't an American citizen without seeing the birth certificate were just politically stupid (see: Donald Trump) and will now pay the price. How anyone could think that, if this were a real issue, it would have gotten by the Clinton political machine in the primaries is just beyond rational political thought.

Kooky.

A natural born citizen is a person born with unalienable and undivided allegiance to the United States of America. And this is something the current occupant of the Oval Office never had.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yes...but now the after-birthers are starting to attract attention.

I think they are called "Certers" now.

Any way you look at it this whole thing is just so weird. It may never go away. I found this kind of strange.

The White House posted "The Certificate of Live Birth" at 8:57AM on April 27, 2011.

*President Obama's Long Form Birth Certificate

Posted by Dan Pfeiffer on April 27, 2011 at 8:57 AM EDT

The PDF document available on the White House site now was created at 12:09PM on April 27, 2011 (a little over 3 hours after the first PDF was posted).

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

Did the White House post two different versions of the PDF? If so, why? It will never end.

Keith

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What if BHO was "not" born in the United States? Congress (Dem's & Republicans) would not void any of the current enactments as they stand today and life would still go on with one side stating "there should be a better way to ensure that individuals running for President have a legitimate birth certificate." The Democrats would have this debate tied in up in a plethora of suits until the next election and possibly (if he were re-elected) all through his second term. So, it is really not so much the birth certificate issue at stake as it is the current political agenda of financially destroying our economy. This is just one in a million "bunny trails" to keep us un-focased.

This president, like others, are nothing more than puppets of the international banking system along with members of Congress who are paid by corporations / special interests ect. to enact legislation to push certain pieces of legislation for their own financial agenda. Case in point: WWI.....Wilson did not get the U.S. into that war to save the world for democracy but to save American financial institutions and corporations from possibly going broke if Germany won this (another in a line of European civil wars) conflict. F.D.R. got us into WWII because we needed a financial way to get us out of all the same types of an agenda that this current administration is doing. War has always been a great antidote to get nations out of financial difficulty.

• Downvote 4

"F.D.R. got us into WWII because we needed a financial way to get us out of all the same types of an agenda that this current administration is doing."

And for so long I thought the attack on Pearl Harbor had something to do with the US getting involved in WWII.

• Upvote 2

"F.D.R. got us into WWII because we needed a financial way to get us out of all the same types of an agenda that this current administration is doing."

And for so long I thought the attack on Pearl Harbor had something to do with the US getting involved in WWII.

DeepGreen....what precipitated the attack on Pearl Harbor? Do you think the Japanese woke up one day and said, for no reason, let us attack the Americans? Please think about it.

• Downvote 4

This should have never been an issue to begin with. But whatever, it's not like that matters anyways. I'm counting down until someone brings up the "his father has to be a citizen too" line.

Unfortunately, it was an issue much longer than it needed to be because BHO allowed it to be one. Could have stopped it all real quick...now he wants to be all smug and snooty and condescending about it all. What's up with that? The issue is that you must be a "natural born citizen" to be president. Simple as that, and the guy just would never produce the long form. You and I have had to do that many times...just recently at the passport office for me....maybe I should have refused to produce it. I wonder what would have happened? Think I'd have that new passport? Probably not! What's required of me is darn sure OK to be required of the prez...guy puts his pants on the same way i do...one leg at a time.

For me, it was NEVER an issue. I was just fine with his status from day one...what I wasn't happy with was the childish way he was responding to the questions and the folks who just kept insisting that he was not a natural born citizen...both sides seemed pretty "off the wall to me", but most criticism goes to BHO from me for the way he handled this. Let me just also say that if this was a question concerning George Bush...just what do you think would have happened? Heck, the guy couldn't even get people to believe he actually served in the military.

STUPID issue from the beginning, made even worse by a prez who seemed to just want to keep the game going until someone of Trumps status took up the question. Amazing waste of time and effort...you wonder why the president would want to play such a game?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Just for the record, other than getting a new social security card when I lost my last one in a move, I've never to had to show a birth ceritifcate that I can remember.

But why should it have been an issue for Obama here? It's not like every single person who has run for President had to show his birth certificate -- it's just thought that they were. Why did people assume he wasn't, when they don't assume that with Mitt Romney or Bobby Jindal (or whomever)? If people assumed I wasn't American because I have a Czech last name, I'd probably have a screw you attitude too.

• Upvote 2

Just for the record, other than getting a new social security card when I lost my last one in a move, I've never to had to show a birth ceritifcate that I can remember.

But why should it have been an issue for Obama here? It's not like every single person who has run for President had to show his birth certificate -- it's just thought that they were. Why did people assume he wasn't, when they don't assume that with Mitt Romney or Bobby Jindal (or whomever)? If people assumed I wasn't American because I have a Czech last name, I'd probably have a screw you attitude too.

I also don't understand the big deal because the certificate that he produced previously meets the standard required to get a passport.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There were questions because his father was a foreign exchange student from Kenya. Pretty thin, considering his mother (who actually gave birth Pres. Obama) is an american girl from Kansas. Everybody should have been screaming for Stanley Ann Dunham (related to Jub Jub?) to release her passport. If she wasn't outta the country, Pres. Obama couldn't have been born anywhere else.

The Bigger Question: Pres Obama the offspring of a same sex marriage? ;)

But seriously, it became a question when a thin, kooky, percentage of a minority demanded to see the certificate because they didn't want him to be president, regarless of the election, and Pres. Obama refused (under really good political advice) to release the birth certificate, driving the kooky absolutely batty and making the non-kooky who didn't support him wonder what he was possibly concealing.

It was a reallly slick political move, but he may be overselling it. He should have just released it and said he would have no further comment and let the people who floated this theory babble away and sink themselves. The press conferences give the appearance of gloating over something that you really shouldn't gloat about.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wait... Being lowered to the point of responding to a reality TV star who is badgering you is a slick political move?

Well, at least this foolishness is behind us and the President is free to get back to the important work of the country. ...like appearing on Oprah. ...and three fund raisers in New York. ...or his 8 o'clock tee time this morning.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

DeepGreen....what precipitated the attack on Pearl Harbor? Do you think the Japanese woke up one day and said, for no reason, let us attack the Americans? Please think about it.

Think? :blink: That requires effort and a certain degree of work.

Just jacking with you. :lol:

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

Holy Crap! Why did President Obama not produce the official document for all these years? Why should he have had to? Maybe his mother lost the original, and every REASONABLE (and non-kooky/racist) official that President Obama has dealt with all these years has gladly accepted the certificate of live birth that Hawaii issues as a replacement to EVERYONE....AS IS THEIR POLICY! It's THEIR LAW!

HAS AMERICA REALLY GOTTEN THIS STUPID? THIS BLATANTLY RACIST?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

Holy Crap! Why did President Obama not produce the official document for all these years? Why should he have had to? Maybe his mother lost the original, and every REASONABLE (and non-kooky/racist) official that President Obama has dealt with all these years has gladly accepted the certificate of live birth that Hawaii issues as a replacement to EVERYONE....AS IS THEIR POLICY! It's THEIR LAW!

HAS AMERICA REALLY GOTTEN THIS STUPID? THIS BLATANTLY RACIST?

Don't play the race card. That's like saying the people who said Pres. Bush didn't win the 2000 election were racist toward white people. Just plain dumb.

These people didn't like his politics, so they jumped on board a really stupid theory that he wasn't eligible to be president, just like the people who didn't like Pres. Bush's politics jump on board the ill-fated 2000 challenge.

Politics tends to make grown, mature men and women revert to their former 2 year old selves, stomping their feet and holding their breath when they don't get what they want.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1