Jarion Henry

cl_1_2008

I have it on VERY good authority that THE jarion henry will be a member of the Mean Green next year.

Many feel that Henry has to become eligible first. Henry would be great as I think JJ, and fans, need to continue to recruit and/or plan as though Mitchell will not be with the team. (No one is shocked or disappointed) If he is, GREAT! I beg JJ to not try to build a team around him. He would be icing. Another thought, once eligible, he will be here as long as he remains eligible. Great talent with NBA skills but has too much work on his game to even think NBA. Guys make bad decisions every year and are heartbroken with where they are selected, if at all. Mitchell would represent a nice NBA prospect for us but just another draft eligible player on one of the elite teams.

Now, to contradict what I just stated, I would welcome Henry. He is, however, the exact same player (or his game) as Mitchell. Mitchell is just better. Hopefully, the true jewel of this class has not been identified yet. (A big mean ass Shawnson Johnson type down low) Additionally, a great outside shooter. (Ala, Phil Forte, junior at FM Marcus)

Hats off to Johnny Jones, Shawn Forrest and everyone involved in the recruting process.

I believe that Henry will committ to UNT. I hope Tony Mitchell sticks with his studies and gets all the necessary credits. I expect that one of the two of them will be in uniform next December.

Starting line up at season's beginning in 2011 should be:

Alzee Williams PG

Walton SG

J. Williams SF

K. Hogans PF

B. Knox C

Off the bench - T. Norris, C. Jones, J. Holmen, J. Henry, and/or T. Mitchell, C. Spencer (maybe) and returning PF whose name is not hitting me right now and too lazy too look

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Hats off to Johnny Jones, Shawn Forrest and everyone involved in the recruting process.

I believe that Henry will committ to UNT. I hope Tony Mitchell sticks with his studies and gets all the necessary credits. I expect that one of the two of them will be in uniform next December.

Alzee Williams PG

Walton SG

J. Williams SF

K. Hogans PF

B. Knox C

Off the bench - T. Norris, C. Jones, J. Holmen, J. Henry, and/or T. Mitchell, C. Spencer (maybe) and returning PF whose name is not hitting me right now and too lazy too look

Alonzo Edwards

Alzee Williams PG

Walton SG

J. Williams SF

K. Hogans PF

B. Knox C

You cant be serious?

• Upvote 4

Alzee Williams PG

Walton SG

J. Williams SF

K. Hogans PF

B. Knox C

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? There is no way is H*LL Knox is starting. More like A. Williams, Jones or Norris, Henry, J. Williams, Hogans. After December I would expect Jones or Norris to come off the bench and Mitchell starting

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 2

I can't see Alzee coming back from that kind of injury and just being able to start right off the bat. There is no guarantee he will regain the same speed he had before surgery. My guess JJ will ease him back slowly , maybe 10-15 minutes a game until he can prove he is 100% healthy.

From what I've seen of Walton , he's not going to start.

If we do land Henry , he can move into the 3 and Williams can take over the 2 spot. Mitchell is good enough to play any position on the floor , but until he comes back our 5 position will be a question mark.

Give me : Jones,Williams,Henry,Holmen & Hogans until Mitchell is cleared. We won't have a true 5 , but there are not a lot of teams that could match up with this starting 5( 4 athletic guys all over 6'6). If Edwards can ever get his knee problems worked out he could replace Holmen.

Once Mitchell is cleared bring in Holmen off the bench

Just my thoughts

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

It does say starting line up at the beginning of 2011, and Mitchell won't be eligible until December...I hope that is why he was put on the bench. Either that or Knox is going to really, really become a beast over the summer.

He won't even be on the roster at the beginning of 2011, so he won't be able to come off the bench. Whenever he is able to play at all, Mitchell will be starting.

He won't even be on the roster at the beginning of 2011, so he won't be able to come off the bench. Whenever he is able to play at all, Mitchell will be starting.

True. It wasn't my lineup that had him on the bench. I don't even try to speculate on such things... :unsure: I just make spreadsheets...

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 2

Alzee Williams PG

Walton SG

J. Williams SF

K. Hogans PF

B. Knox C

I hope NT builds a program were a top national rated player has to sit on the bench before he gets playing time. If everything turns real positive for NT and NT actually gets eligible Mitchell and Henry, I could see this starting lineup:

Chris Jones 6/2 PG

Jordan Williams 6'6 W

Alzee Williams 6/4 W

J. Holmen 6'8 P

T. Mitchell 6'8 P

Rotation F. Robinson, K. Hogans, T. Norris, J. Henry

Holmen would have to really up his game to start as Robinson or Henry could quickly take his place

A. Williams starts for his defense and this team really doesn't need more offense

I doubt Edwards, Walton and Knox would ever see the court other then blowouts

This team would probably blow past about everyone on the schedule but NT still could use a good shooting guard.

Since it's a well know fact that every highly regarded recruit is a 100% sure thing super star... I believe they'll probably just take Knox out behind the barn with a shovel and put him down. Probably make Cam and Edwards watch so they'll get the message.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

I hope NT builds a program were a top national rated player has to sit on the bench before he gets playing time. If everything turns real positive for NT and NT actually gets eligible Mitchell and Henry, I could see this starting lineup:

Chris Jones 6/2 PG

Jordan Williams 6'6 W

Alzee Williams 6/4 W

J. Holmen 6'8 P

T. Mitchell 6'8 P

Rotation F. Robinson, K. Hogans, T. Norris, J. Henry

Holmen would have to really up his game to start as Robinson or Henry could quickly take his place

A. Williams starts for his defense and this team really doesn't need more offense

I doubt Edwards, Walton and Knox would ever see the court other then blowouts

This team would probably blow past about everyone on the schedule but NT still could use a good shooting guard.

That's where Walton comes in. Hopefully he can be an Adam McCoy type guy that comes off the bench, increases energy and nails huge 3's.

I have a feeling that if Jarion comes to UNT, he'll be starting, but maybe Holmen can step his game up.