2011 Mean Green Club Benefits

All About UNT

This is another step in the right direction. It also spurred me on to advance to the next donation level, which I'll try to do every 2-3 yrs, if not sooner. I have my sights set on the $1,000 mark, so when I move back, I can get the wife and I a couple floor seats to basketball. My kid would love that in 3-4 yrs I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

If you haven't become part of the Club (I just did) then there really is an amount on here for everyone to consider affordable. Not to mention....the priority parking pass is going to come in handy the next couple years!

MeanGreenBenefitsChart.jpg

What exactly is the priority parking pass? I've always parked in the free lots, so don't know much about the parking situation, but I'm more interested now that it's across the highway.

Edited by meaniegreenie

What exactly is the priority parking pass? I've always parked in the free lots, so don't know much about the parking situation, but I'm more interested now that it's across the highway.

Parking priorty privileges will mean much more...at the new stadium. I would think that anyone who is in the Mean Green Club would have a pretty decent shot at a parking spot on the new stadium side of I-35. All of the Victory Hall spots will be available for game day parking, from what I understand. Plus, they are adding 400 more spots there. There are parking spots closer to the stadium for the suite and club seat people.

So I would think that being in the MGC would give someone at least a pretty good shot at parking on the stadium side of Fouts.

And if anyone is interested in joining the Mean Green Club.....numerous ones on this board are Mean Green Club reps. So you can PM me.....or any of the others on here who are Mean Green Club reps. I will be glad to get a MGC membership form out to you...and try to answer your questions.

• Upvote 1

Many thanks to all who have recently joined the Mean Green Club, increased their membership level or simply renewed at their current level. It is critical for the program that more join the Mean green Club and help support the program.

Like others here, I also serve as a volunteer representative for the Mean green Club. So if you have questions, PM me or catch me at a home game if you would like to discuss further. Or, as SUMG said, talk with any volunteer rep. They will all be very happy to help in any way they can.

This is great to see and it is helping the Mean Green take the next steps toward being a "champagne" program! No more beer budgets for UNT!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Has anyone been invited to a "closed practice". That was on the chart last year as well.

A few of us were almost uninvited to a practice at Fouts by the former "clipboard nazi". He used to roam the stands there during the early years of the Dodge era. If you weren't on "the list" or named a good reference you were sent outside the fence!

When will the season ticket forms be sent? That is when I renew my green club membership.

It's probably a better idea this year to not wait for the season ticket renewal forms to make the Mean green Club donation? Why...well because seat selection in the new stadium priority will be based on Mean green Club points. Mean Green Club point totals will be "frozen" as of March 1st of this year for seat selection purposes. So, if you send in the Mean Green Club renewal NOW you get points toward seat selection priority. If you wait until the season ticket renewals come out, you don't get the points for seat selection purposes.

Just saying that you might want to give that some thought. As a volunteer Mean green Club rep, I'd be happy to chat with you more about this...just PM me and we'll "chat".

GO MEAN GREEN...as Coach Mac said last night at the banquet "I can't imagine a better time to be at North Texas than right now". Now, that's what I'm talking about!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Downvote 1

SUMG,

Where will the parking be? Will there be any difference between Priority Parking at the $250 level compared to the $500 level? Or are they waiting to see how many people join before they decide that?

Basically what I would like to know is - Could priority parking simply be parking at Fouts (across the highway)? These are the questions that I need answered before deciding on any commitment level.

By the way - if I was a restaurant in Denton (Pourhouse, Hooyah, etc..) - I would be running a party bus to and from the stadium just like they (Hooters, Hoffbrau, On The Border) do at the Mavs games from the West End. You get all the customers' business before the game and all their business after the game as well. Before the game people are pumped up and after they will drink to celebrate or drink to be sad - one thing is for sure, they will be hungry after the game. The restaurant/bar provides the parking and gets a ton of business in return. There is some free business advice for you Green Nightmare, pass it along ;)

• Upvote 2

By the way - if I was a restaurant in Denton (Pourhouse, Hooyah, etc..) - I would be running a party bus to and from the stadium just like they (Hooters, Hoffbrau, On The Border) do at the Mavs games from the West End. You get all the customers' business before the game and all their business after the game as well. Before the game people are pumped up and after they will drink to celebrate or drink to be sad - one thing is for sure, they will be hungry after the game. The restaurant/bar provides the parking and gets a ton of business in return. There is some free business advice for you Green Nightmare, pass it along ;)

Big PLUS ONE.

SUMG,

Where will the parking be? Will there be any difference between Priority Parking at the $250 level compared to the $500 level? Or are they waiting to see how many people join before they decide that?

Basically what I would like to know is - Could priority parking simply be parking at Fouts (across the highway)? These are the questions that I need answered before deciding on any commitment level.

Stebo that bus idea is a good one!!! Hooters used to do that at the AA center and it was fun!

SUMG,

Some of this I know and some is speculation but this is what I believe. Based on the current level of membership all Mean Green Club members (except the $125 level) will park south of I-35. The higher your level of giving, the closer you will park to the stadium.

I don't believe that priority points will have a major effect on parking, only for seat preference. However, some or all Green & White members ($250) could be squeezed out if there are more donors in membership levels above them than there are parking spaces.

Again, just guessing, but the lot color could be for a specific level of giving (or two or three could be combined). I would think that at the $250 level parking will be on a first come, first served basis. Priority points for late donors would simply be too hard to factor in. Those without parking passes must park north of I-35.

I don't know that the other factors such as shuttle bus stops, paid parking areas, remote lots, etc. have been finalized and it may be some time before that is known. I would get my donation, especially if it is to be at the Green & White level in as soon as possible to assure a parking place south of the interstate.

P.S. I am not a rep so if any of them have more current information please post.

Edited by GrayEagle

SUMG,

Buddy.....this is somewhat speculation on my part...so know that:

All the Athletic Center spots are supposed to be available on Game Day. There are going to be spots near the stadium (west side). The closest ones will be for the suite owners. They are putting parking spots near the pond. Those will be mostly for Club Seat people.

Anyway....not sure if those will accomodate all the suite and club seat people.

But the entire Victory Hall parking lot will be available on Game Day PLUS the 400 spots that they are now adding. There is also other parking available....at the tennis ranch, next to the softball stadium, over near the volleyball facility. Even that field across from the AC can hold a lot of cars.

And those spots that are there in the old Radisson parking lot....I don't know why they couldn't be used.

Just saying that there are a lot more stadium side of Interstate spots....than folks might realize.

Let me see if I can help here a bit. Let's use one of KingDL1's photos for reference.

gallery_1_3_14079.jpg

John is correct about the parking spaces on the West side. I believe those are for those suite holders. I would assume that Club patrons will not be parking there as it should be a pretty small area.

There will also be parking at the AC and the Victory lot.

If you look to the left of the stadium in the pic, you will see a dirt construction staging area near the highway. That will be a parking area for us also.

Additionally, if you look past the Victory lot, you will see another area being used for construction staging. That is also going to be a new parking lot for gameday. I think Rick V said it would have about 1600 parking spaces. My memory might not be correct there, as that may be the total near the stadium and not just that lot. I believe the lot around the other facilities on Bonnie Brae will also be open. Not sure about the land accross Bonnie Brae, but it is likely to be used.

Regarding the Radisson area, RV said there will be a shuttle service for 2011 that will use that area for drop-off and pickup. We are supposed to have a deal worked out for the foot bridge to be available for the 2012 season.

That is the latest info I have on the parking situation.

But if the tailgating is in the grass on the east side wouldnt they have parking closer to that??

Excellent information, thanks for all of the replies! I just want to make sure that I can park where my tailgate group will be parking... Sounds like there will be plenty of parking.

On last question - will the kids that live in Victory Hall have their spaces on game day? I imagine that they will still get to park in their lot that day, right? We are going to see some serious student traffic from that dorm. That would be the dorm that I would want to live in!

Excellent information, thanks for all of the replies! I just want to make sure that I can park where my tailgate group will be parking... Sounds like there will be plenty of parking.

On last question - will the kids that live in Victory Hall have their spaces on game day? I imagine that they will still get to park in their lot that day, right? We are going to see some serious student traffic from that dorm. That would be the dorm that I would want to live in!

From what I've been told, the Victory Hall students have to have their cars out of the VH parking lot on Game Day.