The Good Old Days

MeanMag

He was amazing that year. I never thought PC would start a game again, as good as he was.

Thanks for posting.

I know there is another #20, but I still wear my #20 jersey in honor of Jamario. There has never been another player that I found to be as much fun to watch. That year was his best, but he had some good games his senior year, too.

What a fantastic year. Wonder what Jamario is doing these days?

Jamario got married last Saturday to a wondeful young lady name Heather. She is a former UNT softball player. Chad Rose was his best man and Brandon Monroe was a groomsman. There were numerous former UNT softball players there as well.

The ceremony was beautiful.

• Upvote 5

Jamario got married last Saturday to a wondeful young lady name Heather. She is a former UNT softball player. Chad Rose was his best man and Brandon Monroe was a groomsman. There were numerous former UNT softball players there as well.

The ceremony was beautiful.

So happy for him. Best wishes...

I hope Jamario has fond memories of us and can visit the games.

Does anyone have the highlights from his first game against Colorado when he went off for 248 yards? There were a couple of awesome runs in that game. Hope he is doing well. His Mom was fun to sit close to during the games.

His first run of that game, which went for a touchdown I think, may have been my favorite moment in 10 years of watching this team.

His overdrive gear was incredible.

His first run of that game, which went for a touchdown I think, may have been my favorite moment in 10 years of watching this team.

His overdrive gear was incredible.

I was at a viewing party with family and friends and before the game I was going on and on about this running back that we need to watch for... That he will be the next P. Cobbs. And, it was so awesome that his first touch was a long touchdown. Not to mention how amazing he was the entire game. I loved being right.

I ran into Jamario a few weeks ago at the mall, and he was excited that I recognized him. His high school, was one of our rivals in football. We stopped him his junior year, but then his senior year he burned us for 100+ yards and a few touchdowns. He was always a friendly guy when I ran into him in Longview. Glad to hear he is doing well.

• Downvote 1

Did Jamario ever get a chance to catch on in the NFL? Funny to hear sports caster talk about possible assist coaching job for Patrick Cobbs after his senior season. No mention of NFL much less being in the league for 5+ years. If DD was such a bad coach wonder how PC's had the savvy to learn all those offensive and special team assignments that translated to a NFL football career. Past that sport caster interview DD and he spoke highly of UNT, JT, credited PC for everything he'd done to help and mentor Jamario. However, many seem to portray DD as a Media villain. Not saying DD was as pure as driven snow, but a lot of his accomplishments at UNT seem to be under appreciated for his accomplishments at UNT. :sword:

Did Jamario ever get a chance to catch on in the NFL? Funny to hear sports caster talk about possible assist coaching job for Patrick Cobbs after his senior season. No mention of NFL much less being in the league for 5+ years. If DD was such a bad coach wonder how PC's had the savvy to learn all those offensive and special team assignments that translated to a NFL football career. Past that sport caster interview DD and he spoke highly of UNT, JT, credited PC for everything he'd done to help and mentor Jamario. However, many seem to portray DD as a Media villain. Not saying DD was as pure as driven snow, but a lot of his accomplishments at UNT seem to be under appreciated for his accomplishments at UNT. :sword:

You will never, ever hear me bad mouth Dickey on this board or in writing. Those teams are the only reason I got interested in sports during my time as a student at UNT.

That said, I will never defend his attitude off the football field, but I will defend what he was able to accomplish here on it.

Does anyone have the highlights from his first game against Colorado when he went off for 248 yards? There were a couple of awesome runs in that game. Hope he is doing well. His Mom was fun to sit close to during the games.

I believe it's all on the 2004 Highlight DVD.

That game, at least the first half, was amazing. All the Colorado fans were talking beforehand about how they had the #1 rushing defense in the country, and how North Texas would likely have negative rushing yardage. North Texas then returns the opening kickoff to the 42, and on the first play from scrimmage Jamario breaks through the line, evades a linebacker, and then hurdles a defensive back before sprinting alone to the end zone. The Colorado fans were in shock.

North Texas was later up 14-7 and driving for another score when our tight end fumbled at the two yard line while fighting to get into the end zone.