Congrats To Tcu, 13-0, Co-National Champions

FirefightnRick

Was at a watching party where the same UT T-shirt Alum were there (same that talk crap about UNT) and one belches out.. "I hate TCU" so I had to ask why that was and the response was "cause they sold out and went to the Big East" which I then turned into another question as in why they would have to make that move....his response was "cause they didn't want to play real teams like UT and OU". I couldn't even muster a PC retort to that idiotic statement so I just reminded him that he went to a community college and sports UT gear with zero affiliation for the school and/or Austin and therefore his opinion is irrelevant but unfortunately not unique with some morons out there agreeing with it. Kudos to TCU and all they are doing to get to the top and get the recognition that they deserve. Any team in the area (minus SMU) that can draw more fans into watching and attending college football games is a plus for us as well IMO. Great game TCU!

• Upvote 3

Yeah I think it is kind of funny how all of these Big 12 fans don't know what the he**ll to do with TCU. You have a national major college power inside the DFW limits and a new #1 football team in the entire state of Texas, yet you hear so little about them and Texas fan and talk radio hosts don't know how to speak about them. They have earned every single stripe the hard way and they just represented the state of Texas beautifully in the granddaddy of them all!

Do you all of a sudden start speaking about TCU as a power on par with Alabama, Auburn, Texas, LSU and Oregon? They are aren't they? I can't hear you Horn. I can't hear you Aggie. Red Raider are you in the house?

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Proud of the Frogs!!

TCU played a great game. Hat's off to our neighbors. I hope we can be where they're at one day. We had some big 10 folks in the house today, and they(Iowa fans) were pulling for their conference mates. Everyone agreed about TCU's legitamacy after that game.

If you watched the game GP was unbelivable with his coaching. He was constantly communicating to the guys and the announcers even mentioned that he was telling the D to tackle low not chest high. If you noticed the D was doing that most of the game. This is one time I rooted for the froggies to win the game.

I like TCU and all, but they don't deserve any part of the national title.

The national title is for the winner of the #1 vs. #2 BCS championship game. If TCU wanted to be #1 or #2 they shouldn't have scheduled an fcs team, when they play in a weaker conference.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 10

The national title is for the winner of the #1 vs. #2 BCS championship game. If TCU wanted to be #1 or #2 they shouldn't have scheduled an fcs team, when they play in a weaker conference.

The BCS championship game is not a national championship game until it includes all schools in DI. It is strickly the BCS championship game.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I'm sure not a lot of teams wanted to schedule TCU

TCU played against 6 bowl teams , Oregon played against 5. That being said , I think the Ducks would beat TCU. A +1 system would do wonders.

TCU played against 6 bowl teams , Oregon played against 5. That being said , I think the Ducks would beat TCU. A +1 system would do wonders.

If TCU had played UL-Monroe instead of Tenn. Tech, they would have a case for being #2. Oregon played Sac. State and shut them out, TCU let Tenn. Tech scored on them. The point is teams control their OOC, and the "powers that be" should punish teams for playing fcs teams.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

If TCU had played UL-Monroe instead of Tenn. Tech, they would have a case for being #2. out, TCU let TenOregon played Sac. State and shut them n. Tech scored on them. The point is teams control their OOC, and the "powers that be" should punish teams for playing fcs teams.

So a touchdown by Tenn Tech is the difference :unsure: TCU beat Tenn Tech 62 - 7.

Auburn gave up 24 to Chatttanooga.

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

If TCU had played UL-Monroe instead of Tenn. Tech, they would have a case for being #2. Oregon played Sac. State and shut them out, TCU let Tenn. Tech scored on them. The point is teams control their OOC, and the "powers that be" should punish teams for playing fcs teams.

I don't know that too many people would make a dogmatic case for them being #2 going into the bowl season. But it is a travesty for a "championship game" to exist when an undefeated 1-A team (including their bowl game) is never given an opportunity to play in that "championship game."

I just love when people pull out the "they don't play anybody" argument. If Wisconsin had won that game it would have been "See, TCU lost when they had to play a quality opponent" and Wisconsin would have put their win over #3 TCU in their damn media guide next season. Instead all the trolls on the UT board (and some here) are harping on their conference and schedule. Gee, how many currently ranked teams did Oregon beat? A big fat ONE. Yeah, #4 Stanford and that's it. And TCU beat #5 Wisconsin...and #19 Utah. TCU beat the champion of the Big Ten. The Big Ten champ who put up 83, 48 and 70 in their three games coming into today. So which is it? Did TCU just stop a juggernaut...or was the Big Ten weaker than many want to admit if they were able to steamroll them like that? Too many of our own fans like to play the patch game...if the patch on your jersey says "big ten" or "big twelve" then you're a quality team. I'm sure some will want to counter that "playing in the big time conferences you have to bring your A game every week". Really? When you buid in 3-4 wins against 1AA, Sun Belt or MAC schools in the OOC and then throw in teams like Indiana, Vandy, or those two heavyweights I just watched in the joke that was the TicketCity Bowl? Yes, even in the "big boy" leagues, there are weeks off. Hell, anyone who rolled into Austin got a week off this season. It's comical to wach the BCS machine spin, spin, spin when on-field results don't do the talking for them.

• Upvote 1

Dude, it wouldn't have mattered. The sportswriters and BCS will NEVER let an outsider play for their national championship.

• Upvote 2

Lord help me.

The BCS rules require the computer polls to stop counting margins of victories beyond a certain point. And the same BCS rules require the computer polls to give more points for wins against AQ teams which automatically favors member of BCS conferences. And the so-called coaches poll is required to disproportionately use coaches from BCS conferences.

All told, if you just do the math TCU's 62-7 victory over Tenn Tech was not what kept them out of the Championship game.

Only problem with that argument: That game was originally scheduled to be Texas Tech, but they pulled out before the season started. Chris Del Conte, the TCU AD, pretty much scheduled the only team that would take them. At that point almost every FBS team had filled up their OOC schedule, plus Gary Patterson spent time at Tennessee Tech so that also had some play. Tech is also seriously considering buying out the 2011 game with TCU, so you can't put TCU at fault here when they have a schedule in place and other teams pull out. TCU wants to play anyone they can, for this reason to cast off this idea that they don't play anyone. They are trying to schedule Ohio State, but that's more than likely not going to happen.

• Upvote 3