Did Anyone See This Tsu Poll

All About UNT

And what's up with this guy?

Judging by posts from their board, the WAC board, and here, it's seems that UNT fans view Texas State as their biggest potential threat and wants to see them stay in FCS. Why else would their posters be so obsessed, especially here and on the WAC board, with putting us down (and not UTSA)? If we're so inferior to them, why are they constantly talking crap about us, even when their school isn't being brought up in conversation? I'd argue that it's fear. We're not on their level yet, but they're scared that we could get there within the next 5 years. Whether their athletic department shares the same sentiments as their fans is unclear, but either way I'd welcome the opportunity to play them and shut them up.

Obsessed? I imagine most of us here wouldn't have any major problems with being in a conference with San Marcos, especially if they showed they could hack it at the 1-A level.

I like the second comment in the thread.

"I doubt they'd really care if a couple of transitional schools didn't want to schedule them if they were out of conference."

The one who started the thread is obsessed but most are a bit more rational.

By the way, I do post sometimes on the WAC board and I don't remember ever putting TXST down any more than to write the are a going to be a transitional FBS team. UTSA on the other hand is a school that STILL has never played a down of football yet is invited to be a member of the WAC specifically for FOOTBALL. If they were wanted for basketball and then added football later, that would be different. But wanting a school who has never played a down is just crazy talk.

and that person could have been me....foggy memory

Could have been 1 of a 100 or so of us starting way back with Sunday "Letters to the Editors" of the (RIP) Dallas Times-Herald, Dallas Morning News and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

It could hardly be called a new subject, but I think with the new stadium it will slow down considerably with the SMU part of this and that just another phenomena of what this new stadium is doing for us all.

Still wish it coulda' been built 25 years ago so we'd be talking about how we need to not be in CUSA or the MWC but rather the Big 12. :rolleyes:

GMG!!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pure jealousy at it's finest! We gotta feel pretty great about ourselves when we are the envy of other schools, even when those schools might be the likes of UTSA and TX ST. Oh well, maybe next time they play us in basketball they can keep it within 15 points.

Jealousy? Really now. JEALOUSY?! Of what? Your conference affiliation? Your W/L record?

Reality check. Yall are building a new stadium, while we are bowling ours in come March (might be may). Yall fired your HC and hired a coach who will turn the program around, while we fired our coach and will hire someone who will lead us into FBS. You have a good basketball team, while we have a good baseball team. Our budgets are comparable (NT-$16,643,811 TXST-$16,354,996)

I ask again, what's there to be jealous of?

Anyways, Meangreen61 and shaft are the only posters who bobcats tend to come in contact with (shaft flames Texas State on the WAC board every chance he gets, while Meangreen61 just rubs off as a douche on our board) - neither are a good representation of NT fans. 76% of us over there thought the question was stupid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

The same school? You guys are crazy.

TSU is in Houston fairly close to the UH campus, UTSA is one of those many, many UT satellite campuses, and I think this one is possibly in San Angelo.

All kidding aside, I hope for the best for both these schools in their Division 1 endeavor. The WAC certainly looks unstable, but it should give each of these schools a chance to get started in the bowl subdivision. This is a big step for UTSA but the move is decades overdue at Texas State.

Very likely the WAC will wind up folding in a couple of years from circumstances that are out of the control of these two schools. There are currently two openings in the MWC and the looming possibility that the Big 12 could expand creating additional openings. The MWC will almost certainly eventually grab USU and SJSU and the remaining WAC schools simply cannot continue as a division 1 football conference.

I would like to see the Sun Belt expand at that time if there are no changes in Sun Belt membership. Add the four eastern WAC schools, La Tech, UTSA, TXSU, and NMSU to create a 14 team - two division Sun Belt. A western division with Arkansas State, North Texas, Louisiana, La Tech, UTSA, TXSU, and NMSU would be a fairly good grouping since they're all close enough for rivalries but distant enough that there would be exposure in multiple markets. It's not ideal, but for us it's better than what we have now and better than any probable alternative for the WAC remnants.

• Upvote 2

correct me if im wrong, but they plan on joining the WAC in 2012... the WAC will only have 7 (latech,sjsu,usu,nmsu,ts-sm,utsa,idaho) teams in 2012. Dont you need atleast 8? i thought teams would have to choose indy or drop down to 1aa.

You need at least 8 to be recognized as an FBS conference (a technicality thing). If Benson doesn't add anymore football schools before June of 2011, then the league will basically be an affiliation of FBS schools in 2012 (just not an FBS conference). That's not the thing to worry about though. What everyone is concerned about is the potential loss of an automatic bid to NCAA tourneys, which only becomes an issue if the NCAA fails to adopt a new set of rules come January at their meeting in San Antonio.

I would like to see the Sun Belt expand at that time if there are no changes in Sun Belt membership. Add the four eastern WAC schools, La Tech, UTSA, TXSU, and NMSU to create a 14 team - two division Sun Belt. A western division with Arkansas State, North Texas, Louisiana, La Tech, UTSA, TXSU, and NMSU would be a fairly good grouping since they're all close enough for rivalries but distant enough that there would be exposure in multiple markets. It's not ideal, but for us it's better than what we have now and better than any probable alternative for the WAC remnants.

Most bobcats tend to agree. The Sunbelt offers stability and a regional geographic footprint, two things that sound really good right now... :ph34r: