New North Texas Uniforms

wardly

Its time for a new logo. Nike does a great job of marketing a school though its merchandise. Having North Texas or Mean Green on hats if fine but it would be nice to be like the other schools and just have a logo besides the diving eagle.

Now please forgive how crude these are, I sketched them very quickly.

Simple NT that can be outlined, shadowed, etc. I have seen similar ones on here that probably look better.

cimg2617f.jpg

Overlapping letters which I think look very nice, it would look good on UNT gear.

cimg2616u.jpg

This one I like the best. Very nice and would look excellent IMO.

cimg2614f.jpg

again forgive the crudeness I just wanted to see if anyone liked these.

Don't count on new logos. UNT went through 2 of them in the 3 years I was here as a student before the Son of Worm was designed. No interlocks, no overlapping nonsense as that's the sort of "me-too" thinking the Son of Worm generation was designed specifically not to be.

Also, the current unis are fine, they just need the green helmet, Son of Worm on the side, "UNT" on the little white parts at the base of the helmet" and that's it. And all black? Maybe, but they'll have to be done just right.

• Upvote 2

Please, no more logo changes, and no more color changes. The university has worked very hard to market everything with this new green and the new logo. I really like the new logo, and it's nice to see consistency throughout the entire campus. Besides, they put the SOW in brick in front of the Administration building, so it's going to be there for a while.

In terms of script on the helmet, RV has stated multiple times his reasoning for it, and since he hasn't budged in 10 years, I don't think he's going to budge now. Just give it up. Also, I like black used lightly as trim around the green - really makes it pop.

• Upvote 2

Its time for a new logo.

We have a great logo. The eagle looks fantastic. I say leave the jersey as it is. What we have now is so much better than what it looked like before. I'd prefer the eagle on the helmet but I understand the purpose of the script.

And for pete's sake don't change the color green. I already have a bunch of NT shirts I can't wear anymore that are the dark green. Plus, lets be honest, the kelly looks better.

• Upvote 1

I agree, green and white only with no black! Other schools seem to do just fine using their two schools colors, we should be able to do the same.

Regarding the shade of green, I am no fan of the current kelly green but I would hate to see us go to another shade. If you go to MTSU, you will see everything in their distinctive blue; football uniforms, band uniforms, signage, etc. The last time I was on campus in Denton, I saw at least 10 shades of North Texas green (whatever that is) when I stopped counting. The last thing we need is yet another green.

Besides black and green makes you look like a x-box.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I agree, green and white only with no black! Other schools seem to do just fine using their two schools colors, we should be able to do the same.

Regarding the shade of green, I am no fan of the current kelly green but I would hate to see us go to another shade. If you go to MTSU, you will see everything in their distinctive blue; football uniforms, band uniforms, signage, etc. The last time I was on campus in Denton, I saw at least 10 shades of North Texas green (whatever that is) when I stopped counting. The last thing we need is yet another green.

Besides black and green makes you look like a x-box.

MTSU wears black uniforms for some games

Edited by UNT Mean Green

Take out North Texas on the helmets and use our eagle logo. But please no helmets that just say North Texas.

I think most North Texas fans would like this, but I also think it's already been decided and out of our hands. I do expect a green helmet and I think the shade of green will stay the same (which I am fine with) and white as the other primary color with black as an accent color.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The news just keeps getting better! Although I'm not happy with the JUCO recruiting situation, I am happy that we are losing our high school look.

As posted a couple of weeks ago, everywhere McCarney went to rebuild - Iowa, Wisconsin, and Iowa State - the logos were redone. Iowa and Wisconsin still use those logos. Iowa State's was changed within the last couple of seasons after McCarney left. But, the logo McCarney chose stayed there longer than any of their previous logos.

Here's to hoping McCarney gets us as distinct a logo as Iowa and Wisconsin settled on in the late 70s and early 90s respectively. It's way past time for us to pick a logo and stick with it. Continuity is a big player in successful programs. Let's get some with our uniforms for a change.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think most North Texas fans would like this, but I also think it's already been decided and out of our hands. I do expect a green helmet and I think the shade of green will stay the same (which I am fine with) and white as the other primary color with black as an accent color.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I really don't care if they play in loin cloths and leather helmets. I just want them to start winning. Whatever the uniforms look like when they start winning on a regular basis will look GREAT to me. I just don't want the shade of green to change again. We got one...stay with it!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Obviously I do not need to be recommend to be on the "design team". :lol:

• Upvote 2

I'd like to see us have the claw "Mean Green" logo on our helmet. I think it's the most unique, we shouldn't be investing in new logos, and I don't like spelling out the school name.

Hard to find the logo around...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=m1scwttd4o8qzzccziyki328e

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

<--- An interlocked NT would be AWESOME!

And make these darn unis available to the PUBLIC, ALUMNI and FANS as well! No one-offs or "wanna be"s here we want the real deal!

Oh yeah! Texas North!

Just kiddin' jperg2, but this interlockin' discussion has been going on on Harry's board since Day 1.

I kinda' like "we are" Marshall's green unis' the last few years. Maybe a variation of those? I love SLC HS as one of our great Texas high schools, but I think their unis' look best on them and them alone.

drex, we commission you to come up with "the NT unis' design" that incorporates your idea of the different shades of green. :thumbsu:

GMG!

Helmet? I like "North Texas" on the helmet just about any way you font it. Why confuse our "never saw the Mean Green" TV audience with anything else on our helmet?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I know... that discussion occurs at least once a month during the off-season (why not start it earlier). ;)

:thumbsup:

And on the eve of new unis's for a new coaching regime what better time, too?

I hope we don't go too dark with our shade of green only because of TV cameras panning our crowd; otherwise, I like the darker unis'.

I also hope that with the debut of a brand new stadium that UNT branding experts will come up with something special for all Mean Green gear this summer. Most schools change theirs periodically as to promote new income for their school from Collegiate Sports Licensing.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen