Mac Might Be What We Need

MeanGreen19

Mac might be what we need... someone who was canned from a " ok " program (not big 12 standards)... who feels like he needs to prove something.

Dickey was not the celebrity type at UNT nor were his players but he had the players with attitudes. Ones that felt the bigger schools in Texas and around the country passed on them and they had something to prove.

If he gets players that ut/a&m/tcu our any other top 25 pass over to play with an attitude of being pissed off I think he can make great strides at UNT.

Maybe the move from a HC in the Big 12 to a Dline coach for FLa gives him a little motivation to do something...

Just a thought would love to hear some opinions...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

I want that job really really really badly. More so than Canales. I should be hired. Are there any other qualifications?

I want it more than you. I don't even want to think about it, even though there's a move involved and I'd probably have to consult my loved ones about it. I shoot from the hip like that with major life decisions. It's one of my better qualities when it comes to running a football program... the not thinking about things.

I want it more than you. I don't even want to think about it, even though there's a move involved and I'd probably have to consult my loved ones about it. I shoot from the hip like that with major life decisions. It's one of my better qualities when it comes to running a football program... the not thinking about things.

You know that there was a reason behind the 01 02 03 04 run of conf championships right... not all about dickey but the players with pissed off attitudes had a big deal with it...

Whats wrong witha coach having the same tude???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I want that job really really really badly. More so than Canales. I should be hired. Are there any other qualifications?

Yes, you must:

1) Have an exciting name, at least exciting enough for the people I talk to in the break room at work to get excited about. Those 6 people are the best representation of the potential North Texas fan base, and their input is important.

2) Have a winning record, at a big time school, that has no previous history of success.

3) Have the support of current players on the football team. I request they be polled on this matter, preferably in my break room at work.

4) Have successfully recruited NFL talent in Texas.

5) Have absolutely no baggage. None. I don't want to hire you and find out I've got to defend you for de-clawing your cats unnecessarily. It's like torture. It's one thing to beat a player, or your wife, or a player's wife, but since I personally find de-clawing cats repulsive and indefensible, you'd be out for this. I'd like copies of your kids' report cards, as well. I'll have the people at work look over them.

6) Have beaten K-State today. You didn't? Sorry, you're out.

• Upvote 1

You know that there was a reason behind the 01 02 03 04 run of conf championships right... not all about dickey but the players with pissed off attitudes had a big deal with it...

Whats wrong witha coach having the same tude???

I thought it had something to do with outscoring our opponents, executing gameplans, making tackles, etc. I mean, if you just want some pissed off kids, I can get you some of those. Don't have to pay $600k to get some pissed off teenagers and young men.

When asked what percentage of the team wants Canales as the head coach, Craig Robertson and AK both said 100% with little hesitation. Lance said he was trying to find Rick all week to tell him that he wants Chico to be the head coach, but Lance couldn't find Rick. I think the players have made it pretty clear who they want. Shouldn't what the players have to say play any part in what Rick decides?

When asked what percentage of the team wants Canales as the head coach, Craig Robertson and AK both said 100% with little hesitation. Lance said he was trying to find Rick all week to tell him that he wants Chico to be the head coach, but Lance couldn't find Rick. I think the players have made it pretty clear who they want. Shouldn't what the players have to say play any part in what Rick decides?

Lucky for Chico, I think the fans at TX state, ULL, or wherever else he ends up will love him just as much.

• Upvote 1

Why would you post this dribble, when did players ever have a voice in this?

• Upvote 1

I'm just saying it's what was said post-game. And also, if I was Rick, it should be a big deal because the players are the ones that will be playing for the new coach. But I'm sure Rick will make a great pick whomever it is. But I think it should be Chico.

Players don't pick the Head Coaches.

• Upvote 1

I thought it had something to do with outscoring our opponents, executing gameplans, making tackles, etc. I mean, if you just want some pissed off kids, I can get you some of those. Don't have to pay $600k to get some pissed off teenagers and young men.

I just go to Hot Topic.

• Upvote 1

When the players start picking a coach, you're in trouble. At most any given player has four years to play for a school, as opposed to a coach that could spend a career there. What happens if there's mediocre results with the coach the players picked, do you fire him and make the players mad again? Do you let the players pick their next coach again? It's the players's duty to play the game, not pick the staff. If they don't like the staff, they have the right to transfer. Otherwise my opinion has always been (and it was with Iowa State after the Chizik fiasco) for them to shut up and play ball.

At most any given player has four years to play for a school, as opposed to a coach that could spend a career there.

I don't think you can let the players pick their coaches. Not going to argue that at all.

However, this statement drives me crazy. 99% of college coaches will be there, then coach somewhere else. A letterman and alum will die as a letterman and an alum. Coach/Player, only one of them is transitory, and that one is the coach.