Timmy Mac Joins The Twitter Prediction Party

Quoner

I wonder where in the ladder Jim Leavitt ranked as far as being the guy and what was the reason for the fall out? Does this mean that this may very well be the end of the Mizzou Tiger GMG.com era?

Leavitt wanted the job, but Rawlins was not willing to take him on with the lawsuit going on.

MizzouTiger should probably be placed on suicide watch.

Canales has already been informed he will not be the next coach, anyone who mentions him as a candidate is out of the loop.

That was very clear last night when he visited the Pit Crew. First two games he was enthusiastic and high fiving everyone. Last night he was very subdued.

I feel bad for the guy, but we've all been there - wanting a job so badly but being passed over for someone with more experience.

That was very clear last night when he visited the Pit Crew. First two games he was enthusiastic and high fiving everyone. Last night he was very subdued.

I feel bad for the guy, but we've all been there - wanting a job so badly but being passed over for someone with more experience.

You think he would come back next year as assistant coach and OC? He could basically be the number 2 guy after McCarney?

Speaking of this, last night as we were leaving the parking lot by Fouts, on the pressbox side, I started driving on the access road toward Bonnie Brae. I looked as I was driving toward the intersection and see this guy walking by himself in what looked like a suit in front of the stadium by the intramural fields. I'll be damned if it wasn't Chico. I thought to myself, that doesn't seem like a smart thing to do at all, walking along side the access road by yourself in that area at that time of the night. Very strange...

Edited by untjim1995

Speaking of this, last night as we were leaving the parking lot by Fouts, on the pressbox side, I started driving on the access road toward Bonnie Brae. I looked as I was driving toward the intersection and see this guy walking by himself in what looked like a suit in front of the stadium by the intramural fields. I'll be damned if it wasn't Chico. I thought to myself, that doesn't seem like a smart thing to do at all, walking along side the access road by yourself in that area at that time of the night. Very strange...

If it was Canales, I guess it proves that in the Internet age, a guy can't have a private moment to gather his thoughts.

• Upvote 1

Watching his interview on MG Insider, he gave the same impression. He has been so excited and intense, talking about what he is going to do with the team in the future. In this interview, he seemed like another person altogether. "Subdued" is definitely the word.

Leavitt wanted the job, but Rawlins was not willing to take him on with the lawsuit going on.

MizzouTiger should probably be placed on suicide watch.

That would be a huge blow for internet media. Hope he pulls through.

Watching his interview on MG Insider, he gave the same impression. He has been so excited and intense, talking about what he is going to do with the team in the future. In this interview, he seemed like another person altogether. "Subdued" is definitely the word.

Well...Texas State just fired their head coach so he might be a strong candidate for them if he wanted it.

Well...Texas State just fired their head coach so he might be a strong candidate for them if he wanted it.

I was trolling their message board and they have a poll on Fran. About 84% have voted no to hiring him. They also have a multi page thread on reasons not to hire him. Why do I find this interesting? Because he has been there.

Edited by cwb
  • Upvote 1

I can see it now, the new HC is lead to the middle of the court prior to tip-off with a paper bag over his head hiding his identity. The paper bag has a big question mark drawn on the front of it. The band starts a drum roll and RV walks over and pulls the bag off his head revealing our new HC!

And a mass exodus if McCarney's head is under the paper bag. <_<

• Downvote 1

His latest:

North Texas coach search not over, but candidates rank like this right now: McCarney, Kragthorpe, Fran, Canales. 4:07 PM Nov 24th via Mobile Web

Wow, Krags is 2nd according to him? I would be ecstatic if Kragthorpe came here. He's my #2 pick behind Fran.

His latest:

North Texas coach search not over, but candidates rank like this right now: McCarney, Kragthorpe, Fran, Canales. 4:07 PM Nov 24th via Mobile Web

Wow, Krags is 2nd according to him? I would be ecstatic if Kragthorpe came here. He's my #2 pick behind Fran.

Is this just a best guess on his part, or does he have insider information ? I thought this news wasn't supposed to get out due to Neinas. Any thoughts?

His latest:

It amazes me that despite the performance of our defense over the last 4 years, we are still going after offensive-minded guys. I do not want to be Texas Tech east.

My sense it is off the record comments from the coaches themselves to writers ( ie Tom Dienhart is close to McCarney) or people that represent the coaches which are driving some of these opinions. I don't think we will know for sure until Monday or Tuesday.