Riley Should Be Starter Going Into Next Year.

calvin

I wanna agree with this, I just wish his arm was a tad bit stronger.

That has been a concern, but it seems like his arm strength has improved quite bit. His passes looked harder and more crisp, and he is making long throws again.

I love Riley. I love his guts and I think he's got some leadership potential but Monroe sent extra defenders all day (as everyone knew they would, they're a blitzing team) we actually did a good job picking most of them up.....Riley had all day to throw the ball and didn't.

I don't think ULM's secondary is full of deions.....

I think he doesn't have confidence in his arm which I can't really blame him.

I would be surprised to see him as our starter next year. He just can't throw the ball down field. They kept him in check on the ground today too......If he can't run then he doesn't help the offense much....

• Upvote 2

I love Riley. I love his guts and I think he's got some leadership potential but Monroe sent extra defenders all day (as everyone knew they would, they're a blitzing team) we actually did a good job picking most of them up.....Riley had all day to throw the ball and didn't.

I don't think ULM's secondary is full of deions.....

I think he doesn't have confidence in his arm which I can't really blame him.

I would be surprised to see him as our starter next year. He just can't throw the ball down field. They kept him in check on the ground today too......If he can't run then he doesn't help the offense much....

I was about to post the same thing. I love Riley but we need someone who can get the ball down the field more consistently.

End of story.

Riley has gut's, heart, mobility and brains, but he can't see over the line. I don't know if its coverage that keeps him from throwing down the middle or he isn't able to see the route. The line looks like they are trying to create passing lanes, but I don't know if that's how they are coached or they just do it sometimes.

Riley at this point looks like the front runner. We have not seen enough of Thompson to really know much about his potential. I do hope that NT signs at least two more QB's next year to join the competition. Whatever happens next year, Riley has shown a lot of ability and courage this year, and has made the last half of the season at least interesting.

I agree Riley should be the starter, but I would really like for him to rehab his arm if possible to regain anything he has lost.

You really can't write off Thompson before this season even ends though, to be honest, none of us know what he is capable of. He got injured before he had a chance to do anything.

I think it will depend on the new coach a lot, and to be honest, I would prefer a bad-ass JUCO QB who had the arm strength of Thompson and the scrambling ability of Dodge.

We are going to have to hit the JUCO trail hard this off season and not just at the QB position. The only places I see us being okay at for the future are LB, WR, and HB.

We're gonna need to sign JUCOs at DT, DE, T,G, TE, FS/SS, CB, QB. I would not be suprised to see us sign 8 or 9 JUCOs at the least again. I sure hope they will pan out. Like I said, this depends on the new coach, but with conference realignment happening every day, we need to put ourselves in the best position to take a CUSA West spot, a winning season in the new stadium next season is crucial. I have no doubt in my mind the Houston game will be sold out, but if we go out there and lay an egg, I bet the next game won't. The new coach needs to get impact players for next season, not three years from now. If we get stuck in the sun belt, this program is doomed and might as well go back to FCS. No matter how much the belt improves, or even if the WAC survives and takes the spot as worst, we will never be able to make a BCS bowl in this conference, even if we went undefeated. I got totally off topic, IDK, Kansas loss + ULM loss= Me getting shitfaced tonight.

• Downvote 1

Any possibility Tune gets a medical redshirt? If so, I would give him the edge over anyone else.

The only way he gets one is if the NCAA grants a waiver and allows him a 6th year.

And we don't usually get favorable decisions from the NCAA. I can't remember the last time something came down in our favor that required an exemption or a judgment call.

The only way he gets one is if the NCAA grants a waiver and allows him a 6th year.

And we don't usually get favorable decisions from the NCAA. I can't remember the last time something came down in our favor that required an exemption or a judgment call.

Didn't we get a redshirt for an injured player during the second year under Dodge for a QB? Maybe that wasn't an exemption.