A Hypothetical

EagleD

I've been off the board for a while because, you know... I'm a quitter.

Let me lay out a scenario.

10 years from now the ship has been righted. We hire a coach, who in five years has us dominating the sunbelt. He leaves for greener pastures and his successor gets us to a BCS bowl in the next five years. This coach is heading to take over a BCS program.

Meanwhile, Todd Dodge has risen through the collegiate ranks to be the OC of KState in a National title game. Riley has proven to be quite the effective position coach and it appears wherever Todd Dodge goes as the next head coach, Riley will be his OC.

Assuming Villareal is still here, and about to have the stadium named after him, does he take another chance on the two Dodge's?

It's fun to muse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

10 years from now the ship has been righted. We hire a coach, who in five years has us dominating the sunbelt. He leaves for greener pastures and his successor gets us to a BCS bowl in the next five years. This coach is heading to take over a BCS program.

Meanwhile, Todd Dodge has risen through the collegiate ranks to be the OC of KState in a National title game. Riley has proven to be quite the effective position coach and it appears wherever Todd Dodge goes as the next head coach, Riley will be his OC.

Assuming Villareal is still here, and about to have the stadium named after him, does he take another chance on the two Dodge's?

It's fun to muse.

You're in Austin, right? Man, I miss that town...you could always find the best drugs in that city.

• Upvote 1

It's fun to muse.

LSD is back!....far Out!

It's fun to muse.

I'm not too sure that this scenario does not present itself, but I would say no. And it probably won't be 10 years from now either. Maybe more like 15-20. Who knows what Riley is doing. He may go into the business world or something.