Jim Leavitt Is Interested In Unt Job

gangrene

Does he know he's already been crucified, tarred and feathered on this forum?

I'm old fashioned about giving folks 2'nd chances because many have done that for me (and I'd bet some of you, too).

GMG!

We'll... had he just roughed a kid up a little I think a second chance would be a no brainer. The cover-up (if true) speaks a little to a lack of integrity though.

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth

footballscoop.com

These guys hit some and miss some, but I've found their information to be fairly reliable.

Friday October 22, 2010

North Texas: Our sources tell us former South Florida head coach Jim Leavitt is interested in the North Texas job.

North Texas: We are hearing that AD Rick Villareal is aiming to hire a coach with previous head coaching experience.

This is very good news and good media for us. It tells other potential applicants and recruits what we expect to hire and that we are attracting some quality interest. :thumbsup:

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1

Does he know he's already been crucified, tarred and feathered on this forum?

I'm old fashioned about giving folks 2'nd chances because many have done that for me (and I'd bet some of you, too).

GMG!

If it is true that Leavitt has shown interest in the UNT job, then I am thrilled as can be about that. As far as the player incident goes, I will leave that up to RV. If Rick decides to hire Leavitt, then that is good enough for me and the facts don't need to go public IMO.

As a fanbase we should all be really really giddy that he is interested in this job. I know we talk about potential but all that is is a word until it is actually achieved. But having a coach of his caliber legitimately be interested in this gig means we have a chance at doing something really special this year and the start of things to turn for the good.

• Upvote 2

Why couldn't you just hire the guy with a clause in it?

See the other threat TFLF started. You can't write that many clauses and if you could, Leavitt probably wouldn't agree to them.

I"m begining to thing the Leavitt push from out side people, match with the mysterious reports of "he's really interested" are more a function of Leavitt's USF contract requiring him to seek other employment to get paid. He's got 20 witnesses saying he did it. He's going to be awfully busy flying back and forth with depositions and court appearances. You really want a coach who will be spendings time every day working or thinking about a lawsuit rather than working for North Texas?

If it he settles quickly - this week - then consider him.

See the other threat TFLF started. You can't write that many clauses and if you could, Leavitt probably wouldn't agree to them.

I"m begining to thing the Leavitt push from out side people, match with the mysterious reports of "he's really interested" are more a function of Leavitt's USF contract requiring him to seek other employment to get paid. He's got 20 witnesses saying he did it. He's going to be awfully busy flying back and forth with depositions and court appearances. You really want a coach who will be spendings time every day working or thinking about a lawsuit rather than working for North Texas?

If it he settles quickly - this week - then consider him.

That clause you speak of that requires him to seek "employment in a football related position" only applies if had been fired without cause. Since Leavitt was fired with cause, he's only entitled to 1/12 of his adjusted base pay, which is around $60K per year vs. $1.7 million per year he would have been entitled to if he had been fired without cause.