Dodge is Gone - Canales named Interim

Harry

Just announced on the Ticket under the"Breaking News" sounder.

George commented: He made his own mistakes (high school staff), but program was way down from what people know when he took it over.

But I have more respect for him now than when I first met him.

Heartbreaking because I was never more sure that it would work out for him.

I don't know what to say.....There was a just a lot of mistakes. I wish that best for Coach Dodge and just hope that the Mean Green can start anew. The New Mean Green Stadium is a great chance for North Texas to reclaim its glory. As the Rangers have soon, with patients and faith, good things can happen for you. Glory to the Green, Glory To the White.

• Upvote 1

Not a surprise, but certainly the finality of this sinks in today. I will always remember how he handled this difficult situation with such dignity. I wish him and his family nothing but the best! GMG!

So you're saying Dodge won't talk the players into wearing black next game? Really wish this would've worked out but at least we have something (coaching search) to look forward to.

No surprise here. Good job RV. I think we all owe our best wishes to Todd. He has been nothing but a gentleman in this position and he endured some extremely tough circumstances (some of them self-imposed) over the last 3.5 years. I am grateful for the impact he had on some of the players and that he was always looking out for the best interest of the university.

Let the speculation begin on who will be the new coach.

I wish Todd Dodge the best, he will land on his feet, say what you want about the job he has done at UNT but his is still one of the best coaches this state has ever seen. I think Canales will do a job the rest of the season, and if so he should be considered for the job, the coaching search will be fun to keep up with. A new stadium, a new coach, a new start

• Upvote 1

Good luck to Coach Dodge, wherever he may end up, be it back at Carroll or as an offensive assistant at a higher level college program. Thank you for the time and effort that you put into this program.

Now that we are moving on, please God, RV, make the right hire. I know that is easier said than done, and is eaasier done with a pile of money that you don't have right now, but please, please please, please, find a way to make it work.

As for all of us on this board, let's get behind whoever the new hire is (even if it isn't our personal choice) and give the new coach all the support we can heading into the 1st season in a brand new stadium.

Go Mean Green!!!!

Curious to see if it is a reassignment or an outright "hit the bricks" situation. Not sure if Canales is auditioning or RV already has his short list and Chico is just here to bridge the gap. It will make for an interesting few weeks.

Good luck to TD in the future

GMG

• Upvote 1

I really hope so, but it would be hard to blame him if he didn't.

Completely disagree. If he didn't, it would prove that the whole time he was playing, he was playing for Daddy Dodge and not Coach Dodge.

We could only have hoped and assumed that to Coach Dodge, Riley was treated as a player; and to Riley Dodge, Todd treated as a coach. I do not expect him to be here next year, but I would hope that he would be man enough to play out the season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1