Yanks Vs Rangers Alcs Game One Thread

Might as well get this thing rolling early. Plus, I will be at the game tonight, so my sharing must come early. Rangers really need C.J. to be on tonight. They also need to work counts deep against C.C. in hopes of getting his pitch count above 100 by the 6th inning.

Get to this team's bullpen. Not impressed by anyone out there except Rivera, and the Rangers have even had some success against him this year. WORK THE COUNT. Make C.C. throw strikes.

The Rangers are playing with house money at this point. Not many expected them to get past the Rays, and even fewer expect them to beat the Yanks. Wash should tell them to go out there and have fun, run the bases, attack, and enjoy this series. Expectations have already been met.

I'm feeling a pitching dual tonight, with 4 runs winning game one (yes, I am Mr. Obvious).

I have a feeling about this thing. Since I am on a mini predition roll, I'm going with Rangers 4-2 in this series. A world Series in Arlington? Who would have thought that ever would be a realistic possibility?

Did I mention I was going to the game tonight?

I'm thinking CC shuts down the Rangers tonight unfortunately. Game 2 is the must win on the homestand - can't go back to the Bronx down 2-0. Cliff Lee has the Yankees a bit spooked already, so it you have the series tied at 1, with him the third game, suddenly things are looking up.

CC has been shaky in the postseason at times (Milwaukee a few years back), but he usually buckles down when the lights are on.

Rangers win if they get it back to Arlington for games 6 and 7. The three straight games in NY will be tough though.

Considering the 0-6 lifetime home playoff record, I would prefer the Yanks have home field advantage. :D

Also, I think this team should wear red uniforms in the regular season and blue unis in the playoffs.

red uni playoff record: 1-10

blue uni playoff record: 3-0

Too bad the Rangers are going with the red tonight.

Just Sayin

Edited by UNT90

CC has been shaky in the postseason at times (Milwaukee a few years back), but he usually buckles down when the lights are on.

The thing about his postseason failure in Milwaukee I think was due to the fact that I don't think he had anything left in the tank. Milwaukee rode him so much that they knew they had no shot of signing him anyways so might as well use him up as long as we have him. I think his dominance solidified the Brewers making the postseason but by the time the playoffs hit...he was either due for a bad game or he didn't have much of anything in the tank.

The thing about his postseason failure in Milwaukee I think was due to the fact that I don't think he had anything left in the tank. Milwaukee rode him so much that they knew they had no shot of signing him anyways so might as well use him up as long as we have him. I think his dominance solidified the Brewers making the postseason but by the time the playoffs hit...he was either due for a bad game or he didn't have much of anything in the tank.

He wasn't a world beater in Cleveland either. He was annihilated in the playoffs by Boston twice.

I don't get the mismanagement part of it. Nobody recorded an out when it mattered. The bullpen just choked.

Maybe allowing Oliver to continue after the first batter when he obviously didn't have his stuff. He was all over the place. I am surprised he didn't hit a batter.

I don't think that is mismanagement. Maybe bad timing. I dunno.

Maybe allowing Oliver to continue after the first batter when he obviously didn't have his stuff. He was all over the place. I am surprised he didn't hit a batter.

I don't think that is mismanagement. Maybe bad timing. I dunno.

Sometimes pitchers have a bad batter but Oliver was the proven bullpen guy with experience. The last couple of months Oliver has been spot on nails or he's been very bad. He just may not have enough left in the tank. The Yankees just beat us with their game. It took 8 innings to wake up but they did. Unfortunately they gave up the lead and Rivera closed the door on them.

Although the Kinsler pick off made me nuts. I can't believe you make a base running error like that in such a crucial situation. As the commentators said...that pick off probably cleared Wood's mind and he was able to get a hold of his command and get outs.

The mismanagement was not bringing in Feliz once Oliver choked. The same as game 3, bring in your closer an inning early and shut the door. If needed, put one of your other relievers out there in the 9th.

That was a possibility but had Wash done that then most people would say that he over managed and brought in Feliz early. If you honestly ask me I worry about Feliz because he hasn't really proven he can be nails in the post season as a closer in a close game. It just boils down to nobody in the bullpen could close the door. I don't see how you can pin it on Washington.