Official Rangers Alds Series Prediction Thread

I'm going to take the Rangers in 4. And this has nothing to do with the fact that I have a ticket to Sunday's game.

As for lighting Lee up, they scored 2 runs off of him in 7 innings. Then the brilliance of Ron Washington left Lee in waaaaay to long in the eight, when the defense imploded on Lee, allowing the Rays to score 4 runs.

That was Lee's only Ranger appearance against the Rays. And that wasn't playoff Cliff Lee.

What scares me is playoff C. J. He is the Ian Kinsler of the pitching staff.

I'm going to take the Rangers in 4. And this has nothing to do with the fact that I have a ticket to Sunday's game.

As for lighting Lee up, they scored 2 runs off of him in 7 innings. Then the brilliance of Ron Washington left Lee in waaaaay to long in the eight, when the defense imploded on Lee, allowing the Rays to score 4 runs.

That was Lee's only Ranger appearance against the Rays. And that wasn't playoff Cliff Lee.

What scares me is playoff C. J. He is the Ian Kinsler of the pitching staff.

I remember that game. As you said the defense imploded....his pitch count was very low and he's the true ace of our staff. There was no need to take him out. The defense lost that game for us, not Ron Washington.

I remember that game. As you said the defense imploded....his pitch count was very low and he's the true ace of our staff. There was no need to take him out. The defense lost that game for us, not Ron Washington.

Arias lost that game for us. He is now Franceour.

That is the greatness of JD.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Arias lost that game for us. He is now Franceour.

That is the greatness of JD.

Wasn't there a misjudge of a fly ball in the outfield too? I remember that there was a play in the outfield that should have been made but one of our outfielders either misjudged it or dropped or something like that. But yeah JD is greatness and RW didn't lose that game for us.

Wasn't there a misjudge of a fly ball in the outfield too? I remember that there was a play in the outfield that should have been made but one of our outfielders either misjudged it or dropped or something like that. But yeah JD is greatness and RW didn't lose that game for us.

Arias misplayed a shallow pop into a double, and then tried to make a force out throw at second and botched that, too. It was all him.

And the first several hits off Lee in that inning were verrrrry cheap. On an interesting note, Price started that game and gave up 2 runs in 6 innings (including facing the 1st two batters in the 7th without recording an out). Lee wins this one.

Garza has been tough on the Rangers, so a 1st game win is imperative. C.J pitched once against the Ray's, giving up 3 earned runs (5 total) in 5 innings, yet still getting the W. Game 2 to the Rays

I like Colby Lewis against whoever the Rays throw out in game 3 (probably Shields?) . Colby missed the Rays in both series. Shields had a clunker in the first series, giving up 6 runs (although only 3 were earned) in 7 innings, then pitched a great game in the last series (7 IP, 2 runs, 1 earned, on 4 hits). I'll take Lewis in this matchup.

Then I get to see Lee close it out in game 4 (on 3 days rest....fingers crossed).

Remember, half the Rangers offense was on the DL for the last series in Tampa.

Lots of hope for game 1. Sucks that it's in the middle of a work day.

Time to dream BIG for the long suffering Rangers fans. I probably won't be able (or care enough to fight it) to watch much of the Tampa series, but I do think this Rangers team is a special bunch with some of the best team chemistry I have seen in may years. So, anything is possible with this team...they can definitely win this series, but they are just as likely to lose it in three. My hope is they win the thing and move deep into the playoffs. Who knows, they might catch "lightening in a bottle" and win it all.

Rangers = World Series Champions! I just had to write that as strange as it reads!

GO RANGERS...beat Tampa Bay!

No Kirkman, Rapada, Lowe, Harrison or Davis on the ALDS roster.

Just 10 pitchers...2 bullpen lefties, one being Holland who has barely (if at all?) worked in relief this season...gotta disagree with that move.

I really thought Davis was going to be on, if for only his defense. The guy can't swing a bat well, but he's got defensive skills.

If we see a double down the 1st base line late in a game that causes the Rangers to lose a game, I would be very upset at this move. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

No love for Kirkman? Maybe they were just scared that he had only been a major-leaguer for a few weeks and couldn't handle playoff pressure? I guess you could say the same for Rapada.

I wasn't expecting to See Lowe, and Harrison was a longshot with his confidence appearing to be shaken.

Today's game falls squarely on Lee's shoulders. I'd love to see 8 strong innings out of him today. Don't let this thing get to the bullpen today, unless it's Nefti. Take game one, and win this thing at home in game 4.

I really thought Davis was going to be on, if for only his defense. The guy can't swing a bat well, but he's got defensive skills.

If we see a double down the 1st base line late in a game that causes the Rangers to lose a game, I would be very upset at this move. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

While he is a salty defensive first baseman...it's a bit overrated especially with the fact that he just cannot hit major league pitching. I wouldn't have kept him on the roster for defensive purposes because you don't necessarily need a first baseman for defensive purposes. Both Cantu and Moreland will get the job done.

No Kirkman, Rapada, Lowe, Harrison or Davis on the ALDS roster.

Just 10 pitchers...2 bullpen lefties, one being Holland who has barely (if at all?) worked in relief this season...gotta disagree with that move.

If I see Dustin Nippert in a playoff game that is not at least 13 innings, I may kill myself.