Happy Birthday, Rv!

SUMG

I'm going by what Facebook tells me....and on my page today, it alerted me that today is our Athletic Director's birthday.

Rick V.....I hope you have a great one. For all you've done for this school's athletics....you will always be a hero to me. From increasing school spirit, to making the football Game Day experience so fun....to THE STADIUM.

And also thanks for caring so much about the "minor" sports, that we are now very successful in those sports.

Happy Birthday, Rick!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rick V! You Are Da' Man!

A few years ago, I told you to your face you had the hardest (maybe worst) AD job in the NCAA's FBS in light of our "then" facilities, little hope for improvements due to money constraints and overall across the board apathy, but I have changed my mind because of what "you" have been able to pull off, ie, at the top of that list the start-up of a "lights out" new football palace most of us older types thought would never-ever happen in our lifetimes.

Also, all the other great things that have happened for UNT Athletics under your watch. I have been wrong so many times about a few staff people up there the last 30 plus years using results (or lack thereof) as the barometer, but you as our AD have assembled a great support staff up there, will continue to do so when needed and have tweaked a few other's job descriptions in the athletic department which has been to theirs and our advantages as North Texas Exes and Mean Green fans. Congrats on that!

Happy Birthday, Rick V!...................(and.....many..... more)! :thumbsup:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all you have done and all you are doing to build the Mean Green. The Mean green Nation owes you a lot of thanks for a job well done! Happy birthday!

GO MEAN GREEN!

happy birthday rv.

prepared a short list for your gift to save you time;

jim leavitt

mike leach

dennis franchoine

phil fulmer

Did you prepare your personal check to help pay for any of these guys? Interesting list, but not too realistic I would think. At this point it is still grand speculation, and I guess that's the "fun" of it all. At least it keeps the conference chatter down to a dull roar at least.

• Downvote 1

If we can name our current football stadium after an Athletic Director, then I think we should name our next stadium after Rick. I know, I know, Rick would be among the first to hope for a corporate sponsor name, but in the meantime, I think

R V P A R K

sounds great.

Happy Birthday Rick

No more injuries

Beat Arkansas State

GO MEAN GREEN

If we can name our current football stadium after an Athletic Director, then I think we should name our next stadium after Rick. I know, I know, Rick would be among the first to hope for a corporate sponsor name, but in the meantime, I think

R V P A R K

sounds great.

Happy Birthday Rick

No more injuries

Beat Arkansas State

GO MEAN GREEN

Great idea, Judge Joe! I'll start pulling out my teeth now so I can get into that RV Park. :o

GMG!

Happy Birthday (again) Rick V!