What Will The Attendance Be Next Week?

KingDL1

Honestly, what reason do fans have to come to the game this weekend other than just coming out of duty? I don't have the energy anymore to watch games end like this. It's still so bizarre to me how common these gut wrenching losses have become. At least two years ago when we'd lose it was so lopsided at halftime we could leave and enjoy the rest of the evening.

You get to see the start of the Baine era.

• Upvote 1

Assuming Rodge is out for the season ... Hopefully it lasts longer than the Tune Era of '10, Thompson Era of '10, and the Rodge Era of '10. :(

I think they are going to keep the playbook so simple for Chase just to prevent any further QB injuries. I expect running the ball mixed in with a some dump passes and screens.

Honestly, what reason do fans have to come to the game this weekend other than just coming out of duty? I don't have the energy anymore to watch games end like this. It's still so bizarre to me how common these gut wrenching losses have become. At least two years ago when we'd lose it was so lopsided at halftime we could leave and enjoy the rest of the evening.

After the Rice game I would have 100% agreed with this. I am absolutely sick of losing by a point or two. We are at a point where lopsided losses are easier to take and that is sad. However, as long as these guys keep going out there this year and playing until the end I'll keep going and dragging as many people as I can. I'm not talking about keeping their head up either, I'm talking about a "fragile" young QB that catches a lot of crap in the media playing a game until the end with a broken wrist and almost pulling it off. Top that off with the loss of a player and friend Josh Rake may he rest in peace on Thursday night which I can not begin to describe how that hurts(RIP Andrew Smith). We have 15 injuries ranging from torn ACLs to spider bites and pitbull attacks and still the game comes down to a blocked PAT? That is effort and after the initial dissapointment wore off I decided that as long as that is there, we should be there.

That being said, if they lay an egg on Arkansas State and look like they are throwing in the towel you will be lucky if 12k show up to farewell game against K-State and they will all probably be on the visitor side.

Edited by TWISMUNT

After the Rice game I would have 100% agreed with this. I am absolutely sick of losing by a point or two. We are at a point where lopsided losses are easier to take and that is sad. However, as long as these guys keep going out there this year and playing until the end I'll keep going and dragging as many people as I can. I'm not talking about keeping their head up either, I'm talking about a "fragile" young QB that catches a lot of crap in the media playing a game until the end with a broken wrist and almost pulling it off. Top that off with the loss of a player and friend Josh Rake may he rest in peace on Thursday night which I can not begin to describe how that hurts(RIP Andrew Smith). We have 15 injuries ranging from torn ACLs to spider bites and pitbull attacks and still the game comes down to a blocked PAT? That is effort and after the initial dissapointment wore off I decided that as long as that is there, we should be there.

That being said, if they lay an egg on Arkansas State and look like they are throwing in the towel you will be lucky if 12k show up to farewell game against K-State and they will all probably be on the visitor side.

I agree with this, but all the losses are taking a toll on me. The last win I saw in person was 2006 (missed a couple to weddings and family obligations, but have been at every other home game). It's become a punchline. Four years, not a single win to show for it. I have the benefit of having followed UNT during the bowl run, but we have an entire generation of students that have now come and gone and experienced nothing but losses. Just a huge missed opportunity, and at an absolutely critical time.

The silver lining is that we get a reboot next year. That stadium truly represents change. I'm just holding out for that, at this point. 2011 can't get here soon enough.

• Upvote 1

TCU fan poston another board.

Five football games in the Metroplex Saturday.

1. TCU vs Wyoming

2. Arkansas vs A&M (Arlington)

3. SMU vs Tulsa (Dallas)

4. Texas Tech vs Baylor (Dallas)

5. North Texas vs Arkansas State (Denton)

Rangers also have a home playoff game against Tampa Bay on Saturday. Lots of competition for the sports entertainment dollar in DFW this weekend.

Don't know how much competition it provides, but FC Dallas is riding an 18 game unbeaten streak into the final regular season game of the year. That's at least where I'll be instead of Fouts. Hope to make the last two games this year, though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't know how much competition it provides, but FC Dallas is riding an 18 game unbeaten streak into the final regular season game of the year. That's at least where I'll be instead of Fouts. Hope to make the last two games this year, though.

To each his own, but I just don't understand when our fans choose to attend something else other than our home games. We want to be big time, yet this has gone on for years. Fans of other "big schools" would never choose anything over their alma mater.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

To each his own, but I just don't understand when our fans choose to attend something else other than our home games. We want to be big time, yet this has gone on for years. Fans of other "big schools" would never choose anything over their alma mater.

That's probably why all non-college sports played on Saturdays in or near any major university never sell out.

That's probably why all non-college sports played on Saturdays in or near any major university never sell out.

There are plenty of people in most "major university" areas who never attended college and have no loyalty to any college. There are also plenty, like a good portion UNT alums, who simply choose to spend their entertainment dollars elsewhere from time to time. No surprises there.

• Downvote 1

The problem is not the hardcore fans choosing to go to another event for a weekend or not.. Even many of the hardcore fans won't attend every single game out there. Our problem is we have a limited number of fans in general. If you take out all of the hardcore fans that regularly go to UT games it won't make a difference because they will still sell out DKR. So once we actually have a high number of fans then regardless of who shows up, our stadium should be near sellouts.

Edited by Green Mean
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are plenty of people in most "major university" areas who never attended college and have no loyalty to any college. There are also plenty, like a good portion UNT alums, who simply choose to spend their entertainment dollars elsewhere from time to time. No surprises there.

True, but, sad to say, our problem is not "time to time." It's "ever."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

True, but, sad to say, our problem is not "time to time." It's "ever."

Yep, like all the "fans" who will use the Ranger game as an excuse to not come to the UNT game. Sad. But, that still doesn't make up for the student body population who may come and tailgate but never hit the seats in the stands. That is really a nightmare. I do not understand that attitude from our students. I sat through some pretty tough years as a student as well as a few good "Mean Joe Green" years.

Tough sell with lack of success the last few years, i get that, but I don't get it from the student body and those that call themselves members of the Mean Green nation. Nothing better than to be on a college campus in the fall with great weather tailgating and then actually going to the game. PRICELESS experiences...win, lose or draw if you truly support the Mean Green.

Ok, there is something to be said for co-eds wearing shorts and boots as well, but it is the football that takes priority, right?

• Downvote 1

. Fans of other "big schools" would never choose anything over their alma mater.

Wrong. Friends of mine choose FC Dallas all the time over OU, UT, Tech, and A&M. Many of them have season tickets and will forego the 'cupcake' games, or sometimes conference games if its not a huge rival. Not to mention, its not just "meaningless" April baseball, its the last home match before the playoffs, something FCD hasn't seen since 2007.