Gmg Networking

meanJewGreen

I know every year you guys have the football game (I participated in 2007? I think) and most of you see each other at tailgates, women's basketball games (kidding) etc. I was wondering if any of you were interested in a monthly, bi monthly or even once a season GMG Networking Event at a local Dallas/Plano/Grand Prarie bar? A happy hour of some sorts. Anyway let me know, maybe we can put something together before Winter Solstice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

if we ever did it in new haven i would want it to be at the place where the hamburger was invented. that looks awesome.

The hamburger was invented in Athens, TX and served at the Worlds Fair in St. Louis -- or so any good Texan will tell you

http://www.hamburgerhome.com/

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin

I know every year you guys have the football game (I participated in 2007? I think) and most of you see each other at tailgates, women's basketball games (kidding) etc. I was wondering if any of you were interested in a monthly, bi monthly or even once a season GMG Networking Event at a local Dallas/Plano/Grand Prarie bar? A happy hour of some sorts. Anyway let me know, maybe we can put something together before Winter Solstice.

In all seriousness I would be totally interested in a bi-monthly meet up. I do loyalty marketing for Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants.

awesome. is anyone else in dallas interested? i would love to get 15-30 people somewhere.

In all seriousness I would be totally interested in a bi-monthly meet up. I do loyalty marketing for Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants.

nope. just the business plan of cheap beer from 4-7 or 8 or whenever

You don't have a "business plan" that you're trying to get us roped-in on, do you?

If not, then I would consider coming out to meet folks.

You don't have a "business plan" that you're trying to get us roped-in on, do you?

If not, then I would consider coming out to meet folks.

I don't know about anyone else but there are great things to be had by social networking or any networking for that matter. I played in this last GMG.com bowl game and met someone that works for a company that we do business with. It was pretty cool. I've helped out a few people on this site because I work in the hospitality undustry, specifically during NOLA appearances, in getting them better rates and room upgrades in New Orleans. You never know what can come from gatherings like these. :)

Ah yes, Louis' Lunch. That place has a boat-load of history.

The burger is cooked vertically in an 18th century pressure cooker-esque oven. Quite tasty.

If I go all the way up there for a burger I was told to Eagles Deli and consider the the Eagle's Challenge other then that I will need some chowder.

Ok here's what I'm thinking-

It's looking more and more like a Plano, Frisco, North Dallas locale if that's cool with everyone... for the first event. Basically how I see it is once a month, go to different locales so maybe south Dallas for another one, Lewisville for one, Fort Worth, etc. Also, starting tomorrow and next week I'm going to start contacting bars (anyone down for the Third Base Bar in Frisco?) and seeing what kind of space we can get, since Harry could probably bring his banner. I'm gunning for mid-to-late October. Hope this is good for everyone.

A hopeful goal as well would be to get these so big we have kind of like a Dallas county one, Denton county, and Collin county... as well as a Connecticut one, haha.

If my schedule allows, I'd be in for a GMG Happy Hour.

Just FYI...there will be an Alumni Association Happy Hour at Black Finns in Dallas on Beltline Road on OCTOBER 21st starting at 6:30PM.

Why not combine the two? All GMG folks could come by for Happy hour set up already by the Alumni Assoc. and discuss the next GMG.com location, date, etc. Might be a good chance for a mini-meeting to set up the GMG happy hours!

Anyway...kepp us posted.

Hope to see everyone at the Alumni happy Hour in Dallas on the 21st of Oct. as well.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1