Neinas Says Unt Got A Heckuva' Deal With New Stadium

PlummMeanGreen

What concrete and steel I've seen and what will be the final results looks much, much more than a $78,000,000 cost. All you construction experts--what do you say? (I know--probably a toughie on that question but Neinas seems to know what he's talking with his "North Texas gotta' great deal on this new stadium" statement.

Wonder what it would cost today if our football stadium was just at the blueprint stage and we were just now getting bids? Did this same company who built the Dallas Cowboys stadium give us a helluva' bid because of the economy and so they cut us a deal we could not turn down? Wonder what the other bids from at least 2 other companys would have been, also?

Did any UNT alums win any of the bids on this project which I think state of Texas agencies/universities have to have at least 3 bids? Like maybe from UNT alum/basketball letterman Jim Rainboldt of Fort Worth, ie, owner of Tarrant Concrete who received much work for much of the UNT Health Science Center At Fort Worth? Anyone know if Mr. Rainboldt got in on any of this action? I hope he did.

I think this stadium if bid on today would be well over $100,000,000 plus. So what do you experts say on what you've seen thus far?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I am already 10 years removed from Gothic Lit, but I'll take a stab at this: $128,675,309

Jenny, I got your number.

:lol:

Unbelievable! Your figures are close to my own-- in fact, maybe off by just a mere 2 bucks! :rolleyes: (of course I jest)

With as many who read GMG.com, I thought "one" may have been in on information from our first bids on construction materials and might know some of the companies that got the bids and perhaps what some of the total highest construction costs would have been for the final product. Otherwise, most likely an impossible question to answer for most novices on construction costs of which I would be toward the top of that list. :)

GMG!

:lol:

Unbelievable! Your figures are close to my own-- in fact, maybe off by just a mere 2 bucks! :rolleyes: (of course I jest)

With as many who read GMG.com, I thought "one" may have been in on information from our first bids on construction materials and might know some of the companies that got the bids and perhaps what some of the total highest construction costs would have been for the final product. Otherwise, most likely an impossible question to answer for most novices on construction costs of which I would be toward the top of that list. :)

GMG!

greenminer is really close at $128,675,309

actual cost would be closer to $128,675,309.99 ....so what unt x gave the univ big bucks...and how much...and for what?

Many fire departments down here around Houston moved plans up a couple years to build new fire stations all because of the economy. Looking at savings of a 1/3 of the total cost prior to the downturn. A station we speculated to cost around 3 million plus will cost a little over 2 million since we decided to move the construction date up. Added to that were incentives to commit by the end of the year. Construction companies are hurting for revenue. I think UNT lucked out on timing and got a heckuva deal.

Jim, Where did Neinas state the the new stadium was a "heckuva deal" ? I'm not picking, I just reread it and I don't see that reference.

No more injuries

GO MEAN GREEN

Judge Joe, it was on the Vito's thread in the Mean Green Football section titled: Live Blog From Neinas Presser Read the article once on the DRC blog.

Great days!

GMG!

(000) 000-0000 <<<<All you thread kid-nappers with the magic phone number figure out whose phone number this really is and you win a luxury suite at Fouts Field next Fall. :blink::rolleyes::)

GMG!!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen