Freebirds World Burrito Coming To Denton

I've never eaten at one....actually I had never heard of them...until moments ago. Sounds interesting. Anyone ever been to one?

http://bizbuzzblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2010/07/denton-will-soon-get-a-freebir.html

I've never eaten at one....actually I had never heard of them...until moments ago. Sounds interesting. Anyone ever been to one?

http://bizbuzzblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2010/07/denton-will-soon-get-a-freebir.html

Been to one in Fort Worth off of Bryant Irving and there is one 5 minutes from where I live on Belt Line Rd. I know of a 3rd one in the North Dallas area but I have never been to it.

It'll be interesting to see how Hooyas does with increased competition.

Edited by UNTFan23

Bad news for Hooyas.

Shame...I worked at Hooya for my first 4 years of school...great place to work, great food. I feel really bad for the current owner Jesus...he was the head cook the entire time I worked there, saving up money to eventually buy the place and make it his family business.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shame...I worked at Hooya for my first 4 years of school...great place to work, great food. I feel really bad for the current owner Jesus...he was the head cook the entire time I worked there, saving up money to eventually buy the place and make it his family business.

I used to love Hooya, and liked that the whole family was always there. The last time I was in there an Asian family was running the place (nothing against Asians, just saying I don't think Jesus was there). The tortillas were cold and the prices were higher. I'm not sure if the owners changed, but it was different. I haven't been back since, but will probably go back sometime to see if that was just a one time thing.

This is hard for me because I have been in love with Freebirds for years, but I love supporting the little guy, especially the little guy near campus.

Great place to it. I used to eat at the one by the Dixie Chicken at College Station when my wife was in school at Texas A&M and when I was a grad student there. I loved it.

I also ate at the one by the Johnson Space Center when I was working at NASA in Houston. It was good, but nothing compared to the one at A&M.

Anyone who worked there during that time period had their fair share of munchies induced confusing interactions with me. Sorry bout that...

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

I have been a huge Hooya fan, and have been eating there as long as I have know aabout them, I think I had my first Hoya in 2001? I don't get there as often as I used to, probably only once in the past year or so, and it isn't the same as it used to be. There could be many different reasons for that however...

As for Freebird, I like that place too. I think they have a great product and a greatatmosphere. I hope the Hooya is up for the challenge because I would hate to see that place go under...

So you're saying that any damage done to home grown Hooya's is all of your own doing?

In a way... KingDL1 is like the worst parts of the development company that shut down Fry Street combined with the worst parts of the idiot who burned down the buildings.

Food for thought. Is this really a man you want flying over your heads doing who knows what? Flying over your CHILDREN? :ph34r:

Anyone who worked there during that time period had their fair share of munchies induced confusing interactions with me. Sorry bout that...

Well, considering the chances of my showing up to work with a completely clear head were rather slim, let's just go ahead and call it even and say no apologies necessary.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In a way... KingDL1 is like the worst parts of the development company that shut down Fry Street combined with the worst parts of the idiot who burned down the buildings.

Food for thought. Is this really a man you want flying over your heads doing who knows what? Flying over your CHILDREN? :ph34r:

Fine I am not going to share my cheesy sausage balls with you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, considering the chances of my showing up to work with a completely clear head were rather slim, let's just go ahead and call it even and say no apologies necessary.

You two bragging about all that? :lol:

• Upvote 1

I think thats just the way college go.

Missed several english classes as well, right? :lol: Just kidding you. We can all remember those days, and I am sure many, if not most, of us have a few memories much like you have. maybe for different reasons, but similar just the same. You just have to love those college days!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I do not like Hooyah too much. I've been there a couple of times and the food was average at best. It's going to be a great day when Freebirds opens in the fall. It will immediately become the burrito king of Denton.

Well some people think cucumbers taste better pickled...

huh?