True Or False ? Unt Working On 2-1 With Oklahoma

MeanGreen61

Would this allow us possibly to play 3 OOC games at home (2 in Denton, 1 at Jerryworld), thus giving us 7 home games and 5 away games that year?

If that could happen, I say jump on this game in a heart beat. I'll let you scheduling gurus tell me If this is even a possibility.

Anyone heard a number on how many that we will actually be able to stuff into the new stadium? There will be a lot of PO'ed Okies if only 15K of them are selected for the short drive south. Considering the proximity to each other, I guess I can only dream of the day that we come up with a winning program and have our own version of The Red River Rivalry. Unfortunately, it may be a stretch to think that it will happen in my lifetime.

15K? Heck no, give them only 4K like they do us and all other visiting teams to Norman. And separate them in two different sections around the endzone like they do us too! I believe the game would be in Denton as RV would not let our new stadium sit empty. As a reference, OU is playing @ Tulsa about every 3-4 years and it only holds ~32K.

• Upvote 3

I don't understand this at all. If the game was in Arlington that would not be a 1-2 deal, it would be one neutral site and 2 away games. This may not be a bad deal if it would be in essence replace our guarantee away games for three years. However, I really doubt if OU has that much interest in playing in the metroplex twice in one year unless they got a massive guarantee to do so.

15K? Heck no, give them only 4K like they do us and all other visiting teams to Norman. And separate them in two different sections around the endzone like they do us too! I believe the game would be in Denton as RV would not let our new stadium sit empty. As a reference, OU is playing @ Tulsa about every 3-4 years and it only holds ~32K.

We get 25k in the seats and boxes, and they get 15k standing room and grass. Works for me!

• Upvote 2

we could play them at ford stadium and i wouldn't care as long as we were to a point where the program had a shot at pulling off the upset. i'm much more concerned about those details than i am about where an unconfirmed game will take place.

Edited by jdennis82

On two for one deals, usually there isn't much payment (if any) to the other school. UNT would need to make all their money from the return trip to DFW. For OU and UT, I'd be okay with playing it in Arlington. For any other Big 12 school it needs to be in Denton.

If it "ain't" in Denton, it "ain't" a home game. It's that simple for me. I say "NO" to any so-called home games not being played in UNT's great new stadium IN DENTON. If it means we don't play OU, so be it. I could care less. It's Denton that's home to UNT (not Dallas, Not Arlington, etc.)...OK, even if Chancellor Jackson might not understand that concept fully. I suffered through the drive to Texas Stadium for UNT "home games" several years ago...never really felt like a home game and it had ZERO atmosphere.

The idea about raising season ticket sales is a decent one. At OSU, if you wanted tickets to the OU game in Stillwater, you had to buy season tickets. NO single game tickets were available for the OU game. Interesting ploy...not sure I am a big fan of it UNLESS one routinely sells out the stadium for every game no matter who is playing as the opponent, but it did seem to get a few extra season tickets sold in Stillwater. I was told by a friend of mine in Stillwater that a couple of OU fans actually bought season tickets to the OSU games just to get tickets for the OU game. Think about that...they had to sit on the OSU side, but those folks don't much care as long as they get seats!

Wouldn't it be great if the demand for UNT tickets was this big that opposing fans would buy season tickets just to get to watch their team play UNT once in an away game??? WOW...I wonder what they do with the remaining tickets? Re-sell maybe on the net?

Screw this 2 for 1 crap. Home and away, guaranteed... or nothing.

Seriously--you wouldn't take a 2 for 1 with OU, even if the one were at new Fouts? Every season as far back as I can remember, we have played at least 1 big-name OOC away game--often 2 or 3--with no return game. Yes, ultimately I would like to get to the point of being a UT or Notre Dame where we are in the driver's seat as far as choosing whom, when, and where we play. But for the immediate future, 2 for 1's with the big boys would be a huge improvement.

• Upvote 2

Screw this 2 for 1 crap. Home and away, guaranteed... or nothing.

At some point, you want the chance to beat one of the big boys to increase the vaue of yur program. We aren't to the point yet of being able to compete with an OU no matter where we play them, but hopefully in the next several years, we can get to the level where we have a shot against an OU type team at home. WHen that happens, we need that game.

Schools like OU rarely do 2 and 1s with schools like UNT, so if they will do one, you take it in a heart beat. I don't want to keep playing Ohios after we get into the new stadium.