Espn News Reports>>>>

GreenStreet

Two things:

1) Who is the MWC going to get next?

2) How mad is BYU gonnna be Friday?

Please note this was breaking news on ESPNNEWS at 10:30. So, the report that came out earlier today that the PAC-10 has not contacted UTAH may have changed.

Edited by GreenStreet
  • Upvote 1

Two things:

1) Who is the MWC going to get next?

2) How mad is BYU gonnna be Friday?

Please note this was breaking news on ESPNNEWS at 10:30. So, the report that came out earlier today that the PAC-10 has not contacted UTAH may have changed.

The MWC may sit tight for a while with just nine (9) members after Utah leaves. If they want back to 10 members for insurance, I could see a push for UTEP perhaps next, maybe Houston as a long shot.

1) They'll either grab just Houston or Houston, Fresno St. and either Nevada or Tulsa.

2) Unbelievably and justifiably pissed.

Guys, Tulsa has no pull to go anywhere else. It's insanely small, with an undergraduate enrollment of less than 3,000. It has some rich alumni. But, when you're that small, you have far less rich alumni.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Guys, Tulsa has no pull to go anywhere else...especially an AQ conference. It's insanely small, with an undergraduate enrollment of less than 3,000. It has some rich alumni. But, when you're that small, you have far less rich alumni.

I guess the only thing that surprises me is that they don't reach out more to BYU. The Cougars' football tradition is far stronger than that of Utah. Yes, Utah is a good Johnny Come Lately. But, BYU has been a good, solid program now going on four decades.

(Geesh, I'm old. We're now in fourth decade since 1980. I remember as a teenager watching BYU hit the national scene in the early 80s. It just doesn't seem like that long ago.)

The Pac 10 will not take BYU anytime in the foreseeable future. Cal and Stanford have serious issues with religious based schools. They though the moral code at Baylor was too strict to allow in the conference, you imagine how they would react to a school that will (and has) expelled students for openly gay behavior.

The Pac 10 will not take BYU anytime in the foreseeable future. Cal and Stanford have serious issues with religious based schools. They though the moral code at Baylor was too strict to allow in the conference, you imagine how they would react to a school that will (and has) expelled students for openly gay behavior.

BYU will be just fine. They will still face the Utes every year just as before. BYU is a very good and respectable school for higher learning. I just visited the school about two and half weeks ago. You have to at least admire a university of this kind for taking the initiative to put our Heavenly Father first in all for which it stands. BYU is still the cheapest, largest private school in the country. Much of that has to do with the Church's ability to alleviate the costs to students (LDS and non-LDS alike).

If a student refuses to at least try to live up to the Ecclesiastical Endorsement and Honor Code, then maybe they should look elsewhere. BYU is still the only non-AQ school to win the national title since the 1-A and 1-AA split. It has a great deal going for it.

Edited by TennesseeBoyintheRockies
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

BYU will be just fine. They will still face the Utes every year just as before. BYU is a very good and respectable school for higher learning. I just visited the school about two and half weeks ago. You have to at least admire a university of this kind for taking the initiative to put our Heavenly Father first in all for which it stands. BYU is still the cheapest, largest private school in the country. Much of that has to do with the Church's ability to alleviate the costs to students (LDS and non-LDS alike).

If a student refuses to at least try to live up to the Ecclesiastical Endorsement and Honor Code, then maybe they should look elsewhere. BYU is still the only non-AQ school to win the national title since the 1-A and 1-AA split. It has a great deal going for it.

If you'd like to learn more about BYU, the Ecclesiastical Endorsement and Honor Code or BYU's admissions policy, please visit the VVIP forum.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you'd like to learn more about BYU, the Ecclesiastical Endorsement and Honor Code or BYU's admissions policy, please visit the VVIP forum.

The point being, BYU is a good school, and I know the leadership will not be angry or jealous of the University of Utah. Having been raised as a Southern Baptist for 29 years, I have seen so much hatred and religious intolerance expressed toward the Mormon Church. Without turning this into a religious discussion, I don't think it's fair to falsely judge the Mormons. Most of what is said out there are half-truths and completely false. I know this for a fact having played both sides of the field.

Edited by TennesseeBoyintheRockies
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Something tells me we have historically significant fun brewing here...stay tuned

Nah! :)

I just felt compelled to express my feelings about BYU. I will be starting graduate school there in Exercise Science within the next year and a half after completing my bachelor's here at Adams State.

With that said, I really do like what North Texas is doing to position itself in the landscape of intercollegiate athletics. I'm very familiar with UNT. I've watched the school progress in the days it was a member of the Big West Conference. UNT has come such a long way in a relatively short time.

North Texas' Graduate School of Chemistry advertises at our school. One of our better graduates is attending graduate school at UNT as we speak. As far as I've last heard, he just completed his first year in Denton.

UNT's a good school. That's why I think the WAC will eventually court North Texas again to essentially be a savior to the league. UNT would be in a much better position to do so at this point.

You cut the Red Wire! Whew! Catastrophe averted...

timebomb%20wire.jpg

Welcome to the board TennesseeBoyintheRockies. We like to keep the football board strictly football related (well, conference realignment related between the spring game and fall practice). Thanks for your viewpoint on BYU. Hey, if you like to talk politics & religion and other fun stuff, try the "Everyone deserves pie" forum!

Nah! :)

I just felt compelled to express my feelings about BYU. I will be starting graduate school there in Exercise Science within the next year and a half after completing my bachelor's here at Adams State.

With that said, I really do like what North Texas is doing to position itself in the landscape of intercollegiate athletics. I'm very familiar with UNT. I've watched the school progress in the days it was a member of the Big West Conference. UNT has come such a long way in a relatively short time.

North Texas' Graduate School of Chemistry advertises at our school. One of our better graduates is attending graduate school at UNT as we speak. As far as I've last heard, he just completed his first year in Denton.

UNT's a good school. That's why I think the WAC will eventually court North Texas again to essentially be a savior to the league. UNT would be in a much better position to do so at this point.

Could you compare and contrast the poster situation at Adams State, BYU and UNT? We really haven't hit a consensus on proper poster deployment and need all the perspective we can get.

Utah is a very good program that is leaving but I still think it is the best non bcs conference. I really think that it opens the door even more to the possibility that they could invite UNT and Houston at some point. I don't know what TCU feels about this but I don't think they would mind having in state conference rivals and traveling partners.