My Take On The Conference Fiasco!

meangreenbob

Listen, it's all about having a national playoff! Don't think for one moment that the BCS doesn't know and understand, and has for years, the emormous amount of money sitting on the table if only they could somehow, someway actually have a playoff for the National Title? Look, they know they can,and they have always known how to, they just have always known they will have to eliminate some teams. Teams that have been clawing their way out of the pit of 1AA just to be called 1A.( which we all know means nothing) So, how do you do that?

Very easily, you just consolidate. Then you cherry-pick a few other teams from the so called "mid majors." Then you really don't need the NCAA anymore, do you? Really? Bye bye NCAA! We'll make our own TV deal, thank you very much. Suckers!

Think of all the schools right now that are hoping they are not left behind. Houston,SMU,TCU,Memphis and on and on!! Maybe UNT?

Well, suffice it to say, its not the end of the world for all the left behinds, at least not yet.

Here is what will happen. Those left behind will have no choice but to come together and recognize that the only way they can survive is by dividing themselves up from a economical standpoint, if they have any wisdom. It will be imperative that those left behind are divided up so as to creat rivalries between fans in distances they can easily travel to support their teams. That means money to both programs.The Sun Belt, CUSA and the WAC will change condiderably. In fact, they may very well almost look unrecognizable. But....................intense rivalries will be created because of proximity of schools and stadiums will be filled. Eventually the new league will get a TV deal because the stadiums are filled. Top recruits will eventually want to stay close to home and playing in front of 35,000 to 45,000 fans will be fine with them. They new league will eventually get pretty damn good, so much so that one day it will challenge the BCS to a bowl game, winner take all and the no good left behinds will kick their pompass ass!

NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SPELLING, WHETHER IT IS SPELLED CORRECTLY OR INCORRECLTLY. Nor am I responsible for my opinion!!!

Ha Ha Ha

God Bless!

Nice talking with you again.

also if this viewpoint has already been dicussed earlier let it be known that I had no idea that is was!

I've heard the theory that the Big 6 will separate from the NCAA, but I don't see that happening. Congress will have a fit if college athletics takes that step. There really needs to be a separate governing body to keep college football becoming a semi-professional league.

Also, consider more than the sport of football. Can the BCS manage the championships of all sports? I can't imagine the NCAA would allow schools to operate football separately from all other sports, although in a way they already do. They may use some kind of nuclear option and threaten to disassociate these schools for all other sports.

I've heard the theory that the Big 6 will separate from the NCAA, but I don't see that happening. Congress will have a fit if college athletics takes that step. There really needs to be a separate governing body to keep college football becoming a semi-professional league.

Also, consider more than the sport of football. Can the BCS manage the championships of all sports? I can't imagine the NCAA would allow schools to operate football separately from all other sports, although in a way they already do. They may use some kind of nuclear option and threaten to disassociate these schools for all other sports.

Who is to say that they won't form their own NAIA type of structure. Tick tock... you playoff lovers are going to get your way.

And Flyer, which congress members are going to bat for FIU, NM State, Middle Tenn. as long as Utah, and other flagship schools are invited to the party? And you know which side we are among.

dont worry about this, obama will share the wealth with all teams. biden can be the spokesman. maybe teams that dont get invited can get a rebate or something.

Love it! Hilarious. Or maybe he can just throw another tax on the wealthy programs? So teams like Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, and USC will have to re-distribute their massive earnings to lesser programs like UNT? I like the sounds of that as a NT fan, but the problem is that in real life nObama is re-distributing what I and many others have worked so hard for. <_<

Won't go any further with that, but your post was hilarious.

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

We've heard the speculation that there will be five 16-team superconferences but I think that's treading on dangerous ground.

First and foremost it smacks of monopoly. With no criteria for anyone to meet, it smacks of cronyism and Congress doesn't take that lightly (even though they do it themselves). It might depend on who's included.

You can't take the BCS requirements as we know them because in consolidation many that would qualify in power rating would not if you included only "super powers." That would also rule out setting the standards too high.

What they may eventually do by the haves taking all of the revenue is consider that as profiteering and do away with allowing a tax exemption for donations, especially to athletics.

The main fault with capitalism is greed. If we all would just exercise a little self-control we'd all be better off.

• Upvote 1

We've heard the speculation that there will be five 16-team superconferences but I think that's treading on dangerous ground.

First and foremost it smacks of monopoly. With no criteria for anyone to meet, it smacks of cronyism and Congress doesn't take that lightly (even though they do it themselves). It might depend on who's included.

You can't take the BCS requirements as we know them because in consolidation many that would qualify in power rating would not if you included only "super powers." That would also rule out setting the standards too high.

What they may eventually do by the haves taking all of the revenue is consider that as profiteering and do away with allowing a tax exemption for donations, especially to athletics.

The main fault with capitalism is greed. If we all would just exercise a little self-control we'd all be better off.

Goldman Sachs was greedy..??? Wow, who knew..? and we all thought they worked for the best interest of their investors...!!

---The present Bowl locations and their "city" fathers don't want to lose that revenue.. Thus we have no payoff system. Personally I think they could still survive very well anyway ..... pick 8 teams for a playoff... and the rest can go to various Holiday Bowls.... Most bowls have no bearing on the determining the National Champion now anyway. Even now it is basicly down to one BCS Bowl game and the other bowl are rather meaningless except for school pride.... and future recruiting maybe.

dont worry about this, obama will share the wealth with all teams. biden can be the spokesman. maybe teams that dont get invited can get a rebate or something.

---Sounds like the NFL ...they all get to share the wealth .. and their system works pretty well.. LOL

--Some people try to twist everything into something political.. LOL