K-state Game Date Changed?

NT80

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like a good ass kicking to end the season. Think I might skip this one.

Even though it will be the last game played in Fouts?

For me, personally, this will be good because I usually come down to Texas for T-giving. So I'm excited to get to see this last game! Now if I can just be assured that we won't get our asses handed to us.

Agree 100%. Plus, for the last game ever played in Fouts we could have done MUCH worse. This is a very good move, if you ask me.

If there is good attendance at this game it just means a ton of K-State fans showed up. Thanksgiving is just bad for UNT period, not rocket science just a fact. You can piss and moan about it and how other schools do it, still it won't change a thing.

But if I were to dream, in dream land, while drinking green Kool-aid I could see a good fan base attendance for this game if were go in to this game with 7+ wins and have the Sunbelt locked up, they just announced we are moving to the Big 12 north in two years, and we managed to get ranked in the top 25 on any poll. Now that shouldn't be too hard for next year.

Even though it will be the last game played in Fouts?

It's not like the last game at Texas Stadium. It's not like the football program was wildly successful at Fouts. I had some fun monents there, but not enough to break up Thanksgiving weekend to watch a game that will be over by halftime.

Now, the 1st game in the new stadium? Totally different story.

It's not like the last game at Texas Stadium. It's not like the football program was wildly successful at Fouts. I had some fun monents there, but not enough to break up Thanksgiving weekend to watch a game that will be over by halftime.

Now, the 1st game in the new stadium? Totally different story.

I hear ya...different strokes for different folks I guess.

If there is good attendance at this game it just means a ton of K-State fans showed up.

Come on man. How defeatist is this? So I suppose if we win it will be because K-state let us win? Or if someone from our music school wins a grammy it will be because Juilliard didn't feel like trying that year?

With the new stadium I propose we start EXPECTING big crowds, EXPECTING wins, and EXPECTING more from our school, athletic department, and fans.

Come on man. How defeatist is this? So I suppose if we win it will be because K-state let us win? Or if someone from our music school wins a grammy it will be because Juilliard didn't feel like trying that year?

With the new stadium I propose we start EXPECTING big crowds, EXPECTING wins, and EXPECTING more from our school, athletic department, and fans.

We should expect this with or without a new stadium.

If we were TRULY the MEAN GREEN NATION we wouldn't care because the stadium would be sold out with all green shirts & screaming fans. So, anytime a Big 12 team travels to Denton, we should show up in groves....why? Because we ARE the MGN ! It's still time to change your Thanksgiving Day plans! GO MEAN GREEN ! Let's beat the hell out of the 'Cats! Happy New Year!

Look to ignore the football culture at UNT is your choice, facts are facts and our culture is not going to change by next year. Give us ten years of good football and I imagine that will not be a problem. The new stadium is not going to fix this either, winning will help, winning against big named opponents even more. If we went in to the K-State game next year looking like we would win the attendance would be better from our part. I hope Dodge can do it.

"....show up in 'groves' " ?

Here are three reasons to come to the NT game November 27.

1) North Texas is playing a home game.

2) We're hosting a Big 12 opponent. ( I hear peole say they want us to play high profile opponents. The Big 12 conference is arguably as big as it gets.)

3) Everything that 99 % of us know about North Texas Football begins and ends with Fouts Field. Why wouldn't a Mean Green fan want to be a part of the end of that era ?

GO MEAN GREEN

I'll be there...Greenjoe says it very well. Lots of time to make those T-Day plans to be in attendance. Let's see how all those "if we just played better teams" folks do in the way of turnout for this game or will they come up with some other excuse for not being in attendance? This could very well be a great way to say "so long" to Fouts Field....See you there...GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

Well, Fouts will end it's run with it's largest crowd ever and it's first sellout in it's expanded configuration.

The only bad thing, and that's if you can consider it bad, there will be an awful lot of purple in the stands.

Marketed correctly, this could be a boom weekend for Denton restaurants and hotels.