Only At Unt

Harry

Colorado is not doing much better and guess what????

As if the Hawkins comparison needed MORE holes shot in it..... Hawkins was 13-24 his first three seasons at Colorado (Big XII). Dodge is 5-31 here (SBC). Neither is good, one is a WHALE of a lot better than the other.

Secondly, as is the point of the thread, here's the BIG difference -- Colorado came out before their season finale last Saturday and announced Hawkins was staying. No drama, no delay in recruiting, no appearance of uncertainty and chaos. Done. Here?? Nada. Zip. Zilch.

and today, Maryland came out and announced Ralph Friedgen is staying. Again, if there's open debate, you make an announcement quickly - you don't sabotage your own staff. In our case, with a coach who sabotages himself in the media, it's even MORE imperative.

Also, it was reported Monday by numerous outlets that Bobby Bowden would announce his retirement. I wouldn't lump Florida State in here.

Yep, at this point I really don't care what decision is made.....AS LONG AS A FREAKING DECISION IS MADE!

The longer this drags out, the more it really looks like UNT is trying to work every option in order to get rid of Dodge---ie, we really want to fire Dodge, but only if we can get a specific coach hired in his place...otherwise, we stand pat and bring him back. These are the things that people are thinking--recruits, current players, fans, opposing Sun Belt coaches, outsiders, etc.

The ONLY way we can get out of this now without blowing up our recruiting year is to fire Dodge.....or give him an extension (which ain't happening!).

Part of whether Dodge stays or goes may have to do with whether or not RV can get the right man in. He may be doing behind the scenes work on that right now. You remember how Arkansas fired a good basketball coach in Stan Heath because they thought they could get Billy Gillispie? RV's decision may not only have to do with Dodge, it may have to do with someone else.

Part of whether Dodge stays or goes may have to do with whether or not RV can get the right man in. He may be doing behind the scenes work on that right now. You remember how Arkansas fired a good basketball coach in Stan Heath because they thought they could get Billy Gillispie? RV's decision may not only have to do with Dodge, it may have to do with someone else.

Good Point. The rumor mill has been floating that RV had looked into replacements. I wonder if someone turned us down? That very well may be teh reason he was waiting until Wednesday to spill the beans. if his target coach said 'YES', Dodge was gone, if it was 'NO' Dodge would be forced to make some changes.

Edited by Got5onIt

Really, how about Florida State? Can't that guy make a decision???? Really, Harry, I do understand your frustration with this situation and I definitely share your "pain" with the "hanging decision", but what bad taste???? I know you have been around college football for more than a few years, and I have been around probably longer than you have (only because I have a year or two on you), and this is certainly not the first program to have taken some time to make a decision regarding their head coach. While I sigh at some of the moves UNT makes these days (mainly on the administrative side), I really do not think UNT is alone in taking a few days to make this important decision...or in at least announcing it. Who is to say that RV hasn't already made the decision and related it to TD that he will have another year? They did meet yesterday, right?

I doubt the "taste" of this will linger long in the hearts and minds of the Mean Green faithful.

Geez, Kram, at FSU the guy is 80 years old, has been there forever, and his successor is already on the staff. Surely that situation is unlike ours.

Colorado is not doing much better and guess what????

Colorado immediately announced that Hawkins will be back. No one is left twisting in the wind. The problem is the lack of decision, and the lack of communication of decision if one has been made.

Good Point. The rumor mill has been floating that RV had looked into replacements. I wonder if someone turned us down? That very well may be teh reason he was waiting until Wednesday to spill the beans. if his target coach said 'YES', Dodge was gone, if it was 'NO' Dodge would be forced to make some changes.

Don't you guys get a headache trying to figure out every move or thought ?

Um, Florida State and North Texas are different animals. FSU's recruiting is going to be fine no matter who is coaching.

Florida State isn't automatically reloading talent any more because of the mess of recent years. It is the fourth best program in the state behind UF, the U and USF.

As if the Hawkins comparison needed MORE holes shot in it..... Hawkins was 13-24 his first three seasons at Colorado (Big XII). Dodge is 5-31 here (SBC). Neither is good, one is a WHALE of a lot better than the other.

So if I read this right, Hawkins wins more than DOUBLE what our coach has done and he did it in one of the top 3 conferences in D1 as opposed to our coach who has managed just FIVE wins in THREE years in the WORST conference in D1?

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

So if I read this right, Hawkins wins more than DOUBLE what our coach has done and he did it in one of the top 3 conferences in D1 as opposed to our coach who has managed just THREE wins in the WORST conference in D1?

TD has only two wins in conference play....ULM (first year) and WKU (this year).