If Dodge Is Out The Door,

Side Show Joe

If Dodge is out the door, I say hire a consultant to assist the university in the search for our next coach. Maybe Hayden Fry? It seems every great coach in college today learned from him, and he could help to sell our program. What do you guys think?

If Dodge is out the door, I say hire a consultant to assist the university in the search for our next coach. Maybe Hayden Fry? It seems every great coach in college today learned from him, and he could help to sell our program. What do you guys think?

I know nothing but it would seem like the coach at Stephen F. Austin would be a safe and relatively inexpensive pick.

i don't think you don't need to pay an outside consultant company . it appears to me that you look at your present offensive system, your existing players, and find a successful o.c. in with a similar scheme, such as univ. of houston.i don't think we have the $ for anyone other than that, unless its a successful 1aa head coach. what we can't do is change offensive systems.that would take us another 3 years to bring in players and our goal is to win in "10" so that we kick off 2011 in new stadium with a good team.

I know nothing but it would seem like the coach at Stephen F. Austin would be a safe and relatively inexpensive pick.

i don't think you don't need to pay an outside consultant company . it appears to me that you look at your present offensive system, your existing players, and find a successful o.c. in with a similar scheme, such as univ. of houston.i don't think we have the $ for anyone other than that, unless its a successful 1aa head coach. what we can't do is change offensive systems.that would take us another 3 years to bring in players and our goal is to win in "10" so that we kick off 2011 in new stadium with a good team.

Both of you are thinking to small....... Just let this play out :ph34r:

I agree in that you do not need a consultant. As for as the offensive system, most of these players come from some form of the spread in high school. It was not just invented, most schools run it. What I am saying it is the particular form of the spread that TD is now running is what seems to be the problem.

I would suggest RV make a few informal phone calls for advice. There are a lot of people to talk to, but I'd make sure I spoke with Patterson at TCU, Snyder at K-State, and Pinkel at Missouri. All of them have worked this region of the country for years and all of them have built winners. Ask them who they know that can take over this program and build a winner. I'd also ask them what the new coach needs to be given to succeed.

Ok, since we are playing "what-if", here's my 10 cents.

I've never understood why anyone would go out and hire a "consultant" to advise the administration about the athletic department. There are tons of people who have graduated from North Texas who would love to volunteer their time to come up with recommendations for the athletic dept. AND THEY HAVE LIVED IN THE CULTURE.

My consulting panel would be...

GreyEagleone...extremely knowledgable about NT athletics (since 1947) and a very logical and reasonable man with a business background.

DallasGreen....also very knowledgable about NT athletics, and as an accountant, he knows the money end of things.

drex.....VERY knowledgable about the every day workings of an athletic department...specifically North Texas. He knows the culture, the business end of running things every day, and he also knows promotions. He also knows a great coach when he sees one.

UNTFlyer....very knowledgable about business.....and other things. Although he is older than the student population, he is very knowledgable about the "pulse" of the student body.

Jordan Case. There is a reason he headed up the stadium committee. This guy is a leader and a very successful business man. He also played QB under Hayden Fry, so he knows a great coach when he sees one.

Edited by SilverEagle

Ok, since we are playing "what-if", here's my 10 cents.

I've never understood why anyone would go out and hire a "cunsultant" to advise the administration about the athletic department. There are tons of people who have graduated from North Texas who would love to volunteer their time to come up with recommendations for the athletic dept. AND THEY HAVE LIVED IN THE CULTURE.

My consulting panel would be...

GreyEagleone...extremely knowledgable about NT athletics (since 1947) and a very logical and reasonable man with a business background.

DallasGreen....also very knowledgable about NT athletics, and as an accountant, he knows the money end of things.

drex.....VERY knowledgable about the every day workings of an athletic department...specifically North Texas. He knows the culture, the business end of running things every day, and he also knows promotions. He also knows a great coach when he sees one.

UNTFlyer....very knowledgable about business.....and other things. Although he is older than the student population, he is very knowledgable about the "pulse" of the student body.

Jordan Case. There is a reason he headed up the stadium committee. This guy is a leader and a very successful business man. He also played QB under Hayden Fry, so he knows a great coach when he sees one.

Don't forget to add Playmaker & Quoner to that list. :lol:

As for the original topic, I say make a run at Kragthorpe if he's canned.

• Upvote 1