I'm Liking Our Chances Vs. Middle Tennesse

Will to Win

We win next week and go 2-2 in September! Tough October ahead but we still a win Lafayette or Troy and we are in fantastic shape heading into November. The goal is 2-2 each month - 3-1 each month the rest of the way, sweet and we are bowling!

GMG

We win next week and go 2-2 in September! Tough October ahead but we still a win Lafayette or Troy and we are in fantastic shape heading into November. The goal is 2-2 each month - 3-1 each month the rest of the way, sweet and we are bowling!

GMG

I am afraid this is wishful thanking, particularly with our pass coverage...Midd Tenn looks very good....us , not so much. I hope I am wrong, maybe this team will bound back and corrections will be made.

I am afraid this is wishful thanking, particularly with our pass coverage...Midd Tenn looks very good....us , not so much. I hope I am wrong, maybe this team will bound back and corrections will be made.

2-0 Tulsa is having a tough time vs #11 Oklahoma trailing the Sooners 45-0 late in the 4th. OU is playing a backup QB. Wonder if they will look at today as a game and move on or will their season tank ? My guess is they will move on just like the Mean Green will.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Guest JohnDenver

Memphis looks terrible this year. This is the second year in a row MTSU beat Maryland. Still, both are quality wins... being that they are "BCS" schools. I still consider the MTSU game winnable, if the weather is just right and we have Riley back.

We aren't playing for the BCS. We are playing for the Belt. This will turn up a couple notches next week.

The MUTS are coming off 2 big (for them) OOC wins, and next week head out to Troy for their big rivalry game. Stuck in between for them is an annoying trip to Denton. They will think they will have 20 points in the bank just getting off the bus. History repeats itself often, next Saturday will remind us all of 2001.

Believe it.

2-0 Tulsa is having a tough time vs #11 Oklahoma trailing the Sooners 45-0 late in the 4th. OU is playing a backup QB. Wonder if they will look at today as a game and move on or will their season tank ? My guess is they will move on just like the Mean Green will.

I am not saying this is not winnable game because it certainly is.....I'm just saying if UNT gives too much cushion to the recievers of Midd Tenn then UNT will probably end up with another L in the column. Midd T has a strong passing game and spreads the ball around..their qb has a strong arm.

As I was saying after the Memphis game; I think Midd Tenn is the team to beat. It appears Vito agrees..." The Blue Raiders might have established themselves as the team to beat in the Sun Belt this year with back-to-back wins over Memphis and Maryland". So, if UNT can quit leaving points on the field, like they did the first two games, and can provide better pass coverage, then they can win this game and have a chance at the conf title.

where is MTSU on injuries?

We are very fortunate on the injuries. I don't think anyone was injuried in the Maryland game. We did lose our starting tailback (and Texas native) Phillip Tanner against Memphis. No official word on him, but many think he is out for the season.

We lost WR Michael Cannon in fall practice.

Besides that, I think we are very healthy.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I'm not as optimistic as I'd like to be.

Troy is turning out to be better offensively than I expected, probably due to two words....Troy Franklin. Dasher was a somewhat erratic quarterback in his two previous years. His first game wouldn't win any awards but he's actually had two good games back-to-back. Maybe he's due for another bad day. While I don't think Tanner kills us this year (he may not play) they do have a much better offense than in years past. The key will making him throw before he wants to. Don't give their receivers time to get open.

I do think that we'll continue to improve but I wish that we could've caught them a little later in the season. Also, for the same reason that the bookies took the game of the board, we don't know how well Riley can perform. If he's back to near 100% I, too, like our chances.

We are very fortunate on the injuries. I don't think anyone was injuried in the Maryland game. We did lose our starting tailback (and Texas native) Phillip Tanner against Memphis. No official word on him, but many think he is out for the season.

We lost WR Michael Cannon in fall practice.

Besides that, I think we are very healthy.

Of course, Tanner being out is good news for Mean Eagles fans. Considering how many TD's he scored against you last year, he may not even make the trip to Denton and still score 3 TD's on your defense. :D

Troy is turning out to be better offensively than I expected, probably due to two words....Troy Franklin.

Our lineman out of Celina has been helping Troy out? :huh:

I believe you mean Tony Franklin. I also assume you mean to insert "Middle Tennessee" for "Troy."

Just having a little fun nitpicking.

Of course, Tanner being out is good news for Mean Eagles fans. Considering how many TD's he scored against you last year, he may not even make the trip to Denton and still score 3 TD's on your defense. :D

You guys touting anyone for the Heisman this year like in 2001? I would like as many similarities as possible between that Saturday and this coming Saturday. I know Dasher 4 Heisman is not as catchy as Hicks for Heisman was, but I would appreciate the help. Oh, and can you put Coach Stockstill in one of Andy Mc's old warm up suits/pajama outfits for the game?

Deja Vu':

NT 21

MUTS 14

Dasher gets knocked out of the game just like Hicks did.

You guys touting anyone for the Heisman this year like in 2001? I would like as many similarities as possible between that Saturday and this coming Saturday. I know Dasher 4 Heisman is not as catchy as Hicks for Heisman was, but I would appreciate the help. Oh, and can you put Coach Stockstill in one of Andy Mc's old warm up suits/pajama outfits for the game?

Deja Vu':

NT 21

MUTS 14

Dasher gets knocked out of the game just like Hicks did.

Tanner had 2 more touchdowns in one game against you than Dodge has had wins since being at North Texas, no wonder you want to talk about the past. The present and future isn't looking too bright down in Denton......look out, I think Tanner just scored another TD.

Tanner had 2 more touchdowns in one game against you than Dodge has had wins since being at North Texas, no wonder you want to talk about the past. The present and future isn't looking too bright down in Denton......look out, I think Tanner just scored another TD.

Hey, hey guess what.

In the grand scheme of things, none of this matters. It's the fact that Tanner had 2 more touchdowns in one game against us than Dodge has had wins since being at North Texas - it's freaking transient kitsch, not the bloody Cuban Missile Crisis. God.

Edited by Green P1

You lost me somewhere in there. Anyway, you lose by 7 and show up in New Orleans claiming you are the sexier team and deserve the bowl bid.

How many conference titles have the MUTS won? (Hint: Dodge has 4 more wins than you have conference titles)