Way to OVERMANAGE a game, RON!

Rick

how was there overmanaging???? they had a 2 run lead going into the 9th and you bring in your closer...that's what is supposed to happen.

maybe, he should have taken francisco out when the lead was down to 1 with runners on, but he is your closer....THAT'S WHAT HE IS PAID TO DO!!!!

i've got no issues with washington's managing in this game....francisco just lost it.

how was there overmanaging???? they had a 2 run lead going into the 9th and you bring in your closer...that's what is supposed to happen.

maybe, he should have taken francisco out when the lead was down to 1 with runners on, but he is your closer....THAT'S WHAT HE IS PAID TO DO!!!!

i've got no issues with washington's managing in this game....francisco just lost it.

The 9th is all on Frankie not getting his butt warmed up properly. He comes in throwing a fat, lazy 91 mph fastball in the middle of the plate to Ortiz. The 9th is all on Frankie. However, once again Ron blew it by bringing Eddie into a key situation. Eddie must have dirty pictures of Ron. That's the only thing I can think of.

The 9th is all on Frankie not getting his butt warmed up properly. He comes in throwing a fat, lazy 91 mph fastball in the middle of the plate to Ortiz. The 9th is all on Frankie. However, once again Ron blew it by bringing Eddie into a key situation. Eddie must have dirty pictures of Ron. That's the only thing I can think of.

millwood was looking at 110 pitches when guardado came in with a runner on, only in the 6th inning. it's the classic lefty vs. lefty and unfortunately he gave up a home run to ortiz. that's not on ron, that's on guardado for giving up the home run. ron did exactly what he was supposed to do with a pitcher at over 100 pitches, only in the 6th and a lefty coming up.

this isn't on washington, it's on the pitchers that gave up the runs.

Depressing. Got to the TV in time to see the 8th and 9th. First thought was "season over", but this aint football, and baseball teams seem to shrug off these type of losses better than any other sport. Washington shoulda got Francisco out of there after the double and base running gaafe (Sp?). Clearly he had nothing, and was throwing that nothing over the center of the plate.

This was a kick in the ... boys ...

Frankie is generally money. worst inning of his career. nothing like Ranger timing.

They'll come back. They've come back all season long. This team is solid and will be in it to the end. They may miss the playoffs, but it has been and will continue to be a very fun season to watch.

The worst thing to me is to hear those f'ing red sux front runners come out of the woodwork and chant their stupid crap in our ballpark... red sux and yankme fan bases are very similar in makeup to the texas douche... the world is full of people that have no true loyalty... if the rangers had any success at all, this wouldn't be the case everytime those 2 f'ing teams from 1500 miles away come to town.

front runners make me sick...

The worst thing to me is to hear those f'ing red sux front runners come out of the woodwork and chant their stupid crap in our ballpark... red sux and yankme fan bases are very similar in makeup to the texas douche... the world is full of people that have no true loyalty... if the rangers had any success at all, this wouldn't be the case everytime those 2 f'ing teams from 1500 miles away come to town.

I doubt it...the year after the Angels won the World Series around a third of the fans in Anaheim were still Red Sox fans. The Cubs and Red Sox grew big fan bases around the country partially BECAUSE they were "unlucky losers" for so long(Cubs still are of course). Sort of a reverse frontrunner thing in a way. Cubs usually have around a quarter to a third of the fans when they play the Dodgers as well.

Depressing. Got to the TV in time to see the 8th and 9th. First thought was "season over", but this aint football, and baseball teams seem to shrug off these type of losses better than any other sport. Washington shoulda got Francisco out of there after the double and base running gaafe (Sp?). Clearly he had nothing, and was throwing that nothing over the center of the plate.

So they were supposed to take the ball out of their closer's hand with 2 outs and a 1 run lead? I could understand a move after he gave up the go a ahead 2 run double to Victor Martinez, but not with a chance to win. Granted, he didn't have much in his bag last night, but you can't go taking out the guy who you are supposed to ride (good or bad) with a lead.

millwood was looking at 110 pitches when guardado came in with a runner on, only in the 6th inning. it's the classic lefty vs. lefty and unfortunately he gave up a home run to ortiz. that's not on ron, that's on guardado for giving up the home run. ron did exactly what he was supposed to do with a pitcher at over 100 pitches, only in the 6th and a lefty coming up.

this isn't on washington, it's on the pitchers that gave up the runs.

Plus, if anyone watched the game and followed along, Millwood took himself out.

I don't understand what O'Day's role is anymore. Is he 7th inning only with no flexibility at this point, because he made more sense to relieve than freaking Eddie. You make that move - no two run homerun by Big Papi and the game likely ends with a whimper.

So they were supposed to take the ball out of their closer's hand with 2 outs and a 1 run lead? I could understand a move after he gave up the go a ahead 2 run double to Victor Martinez, but not with a chance to win. Granted, he didn't have much in his bag last night, but you can't go taking out the guy who you are supposed to ride (good or bad) with a lead.

Really? Even after you have watched him pitch to 5 batters, realize he is missing 5 mph off his fastball, the pitches that he is throwing for strikes are in the center of the strike zone, and the only reason you still lead the game is because of a stupid baserunning mistake by the other team? Really?

So, along the same line of thinking, you wouldn't pull your #1 starter in the 1st after he gives up eight runs, right? Because, for better or worse, he is your guy! CJ gives up 5 in the eighth, just leave him in, cause he's your guy, and he's gotta pitch that eighth inning, cause that's his job.

I understand if he has only pitched to a couple of guys in the inning, you may want to wait and see if he picks it up. But not after 5 guys. You go out, tell him "Frankie, you just aint got it tonight" and put in a different reliever. And you absolutely come straight back to Frankie the next time that situation comes up, as the Rangers did.

I don't think you "ride" any pitcher when he is throwing as bad as Frankie was Friday night.

Really? Even after you have watched him pitch to 5 batters, realize he is missing 5 mph off his fastball, the pitches that he is throwing for strikes are in the center of the strike zone, and the only reason you still lead the game is because of a stupid baserunning mistake by the other team? Really?

So, along the same line of thinking, you wouldn't pull your #1 starter in the 1st after he gives up eight runs, right? Because, for better or worse, he is your guy! CJ gives up 5 in the eighth, just leave him in, cause he's your guy, and he's gotta pitch that eighth inning, cause that's his job.

I understand if he has only pitched to a couple of guys in the inning, you may want to wait and see if he picks it up. But not after 5 guys. You go out, tell him "Frankie, you just aint got it tonight" and put in a different reliever. And you absolutely come straight back to Frankie the next time that situation comes up, as the Rangers did.

I don't think you "ride" any pitcher when he is throwing as bad as Frankie was Friday night.

What did he do on Sunday and Monday??.....oh yeah....point proven.

What did he do on Sunday and Monday??.....oh yeah....point proven.

Please read the post completely. Of course you come back to Francisco in the same situation the next time, but that doesn't mean you leave him in when he has squat.

Washington leaves Feldman in to long last night, and pays for it by losing a 5 run lead (not that the relievers were any better last night).

Edited by UNT90