Please read the post completely. Of course you come back to Francisco in the same situation the next time, but that doesn't mean you leave him in when he has squat.

Washington leaves Feldman in to long last night, and pays for it by losing a 5 run lead (not that the relievers were any better last night).

So you are the manager and you take your closer out with a 4-3 lead and 2 outs?? You wouldn't keep your job very long. That is all I am saying.

Just a heads up. The little Ticket will have a special Sunday afternoon edition after the finale of Rangers and BoSox. Check it out, call in.

Why can't I ever p/u the ticket clearly in Grapevine in the mornings ?

Works fine every where else in the metroplex

Why can't I ever p/u the ticket clearly in Grapevine in the mornings ?

Works fine every where else in the metroplex

Because our crap ownership doesn't spend money on much of anything. Including signal strength. The further west you head the weaker it gets. But you might be north enough in G'vine to get 104.1FM pretty clearly I would think. Really wish our signal was better, but I appreciate the effort to fight through static when it's bad.

So you are the manager and you take your closer out with a 4-3 lead and 2 outs?? You wouldn't keep your job very long. That is all I am saying.

Well, then any idiot could be a manager in the majors, since apparently the management playbook has long ago been written and everyone does the same thing. Where can I sign up for one of these $300,000 a year jobs?

Obviously, it's situational. Do I take my closer out with a 4-3 lead and 2 outs in the 9th when the closer came in with the score 4-3 and threw smoke by the first 2 guys to get those 2 outs? Clearly, no. Do I take the closer out when it's 4-3 in the 9th, he comes in, gives up a walk and a single and still gets 2 outs? In most situations, no. Do I take out the closer when he comes in with a 2 run lead, faces 5 guys, gives up a run, only gets one out (remember, the other out was given to you by the other team's incredibly stupid mistake), and is missing 5 mph off his fastball? Hell, yes I do, and consider myself lucky I still have a chance to win the game. But keep on living by that all-knowing managers playbook that you have.

Also, was driving through Lampassas on way to Austin Friday night scanning the dial looking for the Ranger game, when, lo and behold, I hit 1310 and magically am listening to the daily top 10, clear as a bell. That's one funky signal you guys got working at that station.

Also, was driving through Lampassas on way to Austin Friday night scanning the dial looking for the Ranger game, when, lo and behold, I hit 1310 and magically am listening to the daily top 10, clear as a bell. That's one funky signal you guys got working at that station.

Fun driving fact - the Ticket signal dies on 45 near Mexia. Coincidence?

On another note... can you explain to me, a baseball neophyte, what makes Neftali Feliz so good? How is he able to strike out so many batters? Is it location? Pitch selection? Movement? Speed? All of the above? I'm really bad at identifying this kind of thing.

On another note... can you explain to me, a baseball neophyte, what makes Neftali Feliz so good? How is he able to strike out so many batters? Is it location? Pitch selection? Movement? Speed? All of the above? I'm really bad at identifying this kind of thing.

I would say all everything you mentioned, with a dash of Disney magic. The kid is a very rare talent. Still needs to tweak his delivery on his secondary pitches before he is a successful starter next season, but awesome nonetheless.