Before someone reads this and thinks the university has fired Ja...no...Jerry Jones did...he's out as PA for the Cowboys but is firmly entrenched, as well he should be and will hopefully so he will remain into perpetuity, as the voice of Mean Green.

This thread just blows me away...certain things I can at least see one's side and disagree, but this is just beyond comprehendable. You need help.

Proverbs 4:24 Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.

You're really funny. Didn't I already enlighten you to the fact that even Satan quoted Scripture?

Edited by meangreenbob

What in the heck is wrong with his image? Do you also want someone skinnier than RV or hotter than Dr.B?

You ask a legit question.

When Bill Mercer was replaced with Dunham you didn't hear the type of responses coming from his fans as you do coming from the Dunham supporters simply because I voiced my opinion. Is this the Ticket mentality? Could that be the image I'm talking about?

Listen. Dunham is a good announcer and I have no problem with him being the voice of the Mean Green.

I personally would love to see a change at this position. I believe we can do better. Just my opinion.

When Bill Mercer was replaced with Dunham you didn't hear the type of responses coming from his fans as you do coming from the Dunham supporters simply because I voiced my opinion. Is this the Ticket mentality? Could that be the image I'm talking about?

Listen. Dunham is a good announcer and I have no problem with him being the voice of the Mean Green.

I personally would love to see a change at this position. I believe we can do better. Just my opinion.

I guess I'll ask one more time for an explanation of Ja's image problem.... if one's not given I'll just give up.

I though, would love to hear a new sound. I would love to see a more athletic looking announcer with a cleaner voice. Less heaviness in his sound. Less bass. Lighter.

You couldn't be more right. No decent, long standing announcer should ever be less than ideally athletic looking...

HarryCaray.gif

Guest JohnDenver

I am very confused by this thread.

1) I think it is good for GD that he got canned. The PA announcing is worthless. I always thought it was a bit silly of a job... Now they they have the HD monitors, they may not need a PA at all.

2) I think meangreenbob is GD is disguise -- playing a bit on us.

Thats cool. Everyone has a right to their opinion. I though, would love to hear a new sound. I would love to see a more athletic looking announcer with a cleaner voice. Less heaviness in his sound. Less bass. Lighter. More brightness. Change is good! The time is now. There is plenty of new talent out there. Dickey is gone, now lets let Dunham take his seat in the stands where he can continue to cheer on the Mean Green.

This is an awesome bit. I approve of it.

This thread needs more scripture

1:2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren; 1:3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram; 1:4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon; 1:5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; 1:6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias; 1:7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa; 1:8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias; 1:9 And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias; 1:10 And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias; 1:11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon: 1:12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel; 1:13 And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor; 1:14 And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud; 1:15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob; 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Mercer was replaced by another UNT alum, who is also very passionate about what UNT is. Give us a name of someone that's also an alum and maybe we won't hit you with a satchel full of bricks.

Mercer was replaced by another UNT alum, who is also very passionate about what UNT is. Give us a name of someone that's also an alum and maybe we won't hit you with a satchel full of bricks.

Sean Bass.

Dare we dream to steal Rich Phillips?

• Downvote 1

Why go with Sean Bass? He's got Ticket stank and all the family-unfriendliness that accompanies it all over him. Screw that guy and his super sexy voice.

I used to do play-by-play for a 5-A Metroplex high school's TV broadcasts. And Quoner once had three sacks in one game when he played against Denton Ryan, which makes him a perfect ex-jock color guy. Plus, we're both in relatively good shape and we're good with kids. Family friendliness galore!

Forget Dunham and his years of experience and his exceptional aptitude and his strong passion and enthusiasm for all things Mean Green. That guy is OLD NEWS. What we need is some fresh blood, and blood doesn't get any fresher than the two of us. Because Quoner and I bathe daily in the blood of human fetuses (helpfully provided by CBL and his east coast abortionist-communist cabal).

Think about it, people. Who wants Dunham and his Marconi award nominations and his prominent position with a local radio powerhouse that allows him to promote our university and teams to almost every man ages 18-49 in the Metroplex? You could have two guys, one who barely speaks English and the other with a horrifying speech impediment, who have arguably the 5th or 6th most popular North Texas-centric website in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area.

The only stumbling block may be the fact that I'm a Haredi Jew. But all we have to do is get the Athletics Department and all our opponents to reschedule any games that might be on a Saturday (I think we may have one or two... No big deal!) so that I can work and use the necessary technology for broadcasting.

Let's make it happen, people. BELIEVE IT!!!!

Why go with Sean Bass? He's got Ticket stank and all the family-unfriendliness that accompanies it all over him. Screw that guy and his super sexy voice.

I used to do play-by-play for a 5-A Metroplex high school's TV broadcasts. And Quoner once had three sacks in one game when he played against Denton Ryan, which makes him a perfect ex-jock color guy. Plus, we're both in relatively good shape and we're good with kids. Family friendliness galore!

Forget Dunham and his years of experience and his exceptional aptitude and his strong passion and enthusiasm for all things Mean Green. That guy is OLD NEWS. What we need is some fresh blood, and blood doesn't get any fresher than the two of us. Because Quoner and I bathe daily in the blood of human fetuses (helpfully provided by CBL and his east coast abortionist-communist cabal).

Think about it, people. Who wants Dunham and his Marconi award nominations and his prominent position with a local radio powerhouse that allows him to promote our university and teams to almost every man ages 18-49 in the Metroplex? You could have two guys, one who barely speaks English and the other with a horrifying speech impediment, who have arguably the 5th or 6th most popular North Texas-centric website in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area.

The only stumbling block may be the fact that I'm a Haredi Jew. But all we have to do is get the Athletics Department and all our opponents to reschedule any games that might be on a Saturday (I think we may have one or two... No big deal!) so that I can work and use the necessary technology for broadcasting.

Whenever I see a Quoner or Tasty post, I feel like a member of an all-white basketball team playing the Harlem Globetrotters: so completely mesmirized by dribbling wizardry and flashy passes that I don't know what's happening until I'm getting dunked on.

I don' think we can find anyone more passionate about UNT and it's athletic program than Dunham. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my opinion. It was just an "opinion." Yes, I would like to hear a new voice, a new sound but it probably would be difficult to find someone who is just not good but also has that kind of love for our school. Jones made a mistake, but I know we won't.

Good Evening

^ I love it.

Jub does a fantastic job and has a deep passion for UNT athletics. If there was ever a family man that we can all admire it's Georgie. I can't even begin to grasp why someone who claims to be a NT fan would want George out as our play by play voice. Just nuts.

^ I love it.

Jub does a fantastic job and has a deep passion for UNT athletics. If there was ever a family man that we can all admire it's Georgie. I can't even begin to grasp why someone who claims to be a NT fan would want George out as our play by play voice. Just nuts.

Quiet, you. Don't screw up this opportunity for us.

Play your cards right, and maybe we can get you off the Ticket payroll, out of that cesspool of anti-family filth. Start working on our website for no money. Once you're pure as the freshly fallen show (like us), we can put you on the broadcast team somehow. Slap a wig and some heels on you, and make you a sideline reporter.

As for this nonsense about Dunham being a "family man we can all admire"... Don't you morons realize that George Dunham was the Chinese Premier who instituted the mandatory One Child policy?

I was at McDonalds once, and I saw George Dunham climb into the playground ball pit to smoke a giant cigar. When one woman came over to politely ask him to respect both the "No Smoking" and "No Children Over 4' Tall" rules... He punched her 7 year old daughter in the face.

Every morning, George Dunham eats a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios from the hollowed-out skull of a child he kidnapped and murdered back in 1994.

Also, one time... I think he accidentally mixed up and said a Kevin Dickerson (80) reception was caught by Roderick Johnson (88). Took him like 2 or 3 seconds to correct himself!

Obviously, it's time for a change here. We could have me doing "zee fooht-BAAAHL" play by play in a delightful and occasionally comprehensible foreign accent. Quoner speaks like a man constantly doing a

As long as he doesn't have to talk about Esteban Santiago (and as long as he doesn't coat the press box window in saliva), you'll love his zany voice and brilliant observations. And once we put Green Guy Bass in a push-up bra and a miniskirt, you'll all forget about Erin Andrews.

This could work, people. With George Dunham and his mandatory, violent paddlings of all Junior Mean Green Club members out of the way, we could all enjoy a glorious new era of Mean Green broadcasting.

BELIEVE IT!!!

I don' think we can find anyone more passionate about UNT and it's athletic program than Dunham. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my opinion. It was just an "opinion." Yes, I would like to hear a new voice, a new sound but it probably would be difficult to find someone who is just not good but also has that kind of love for our school. Jones made a mistake, but I know we won't.

Good Evening

I think I would fit that bill. If all you are looking for is someone who is "just not good" and loves our school - I'm the guy. George is way too qualified for the position.

Quiet, you. Don't screw up this opportunity for us.

Play your cards right, and maybe we can get you off the Ticket payroll, out of that cesspool of anti-family filth. Start working on our website for no money. Once you're pure as the freshly fallen show (like us), we can put you on the broadcast team somehow. Slap a wig and some heels on you, and make you a sideline reporter.

As for this nonsense about Dunham being a "family man we can all admire"... Don't you morons realize that George Dunham was the Chinese Premier who instituted the mandatory One Child policy?

I was at McDonalds once, and I saw George Dunham climb into the playground ball pit to smoke a giant cigar. When one woman came over to politely ask him to respect both the "No Smoking" and "No Children Over 4' Tall" rules... He punched her 7 year old daughter in the face.

Every morning, George Dunham eats a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios from the hollowed-out skull of a child he kidnapped and murdered back in 1994.

Also, one time... I think he accidentally mixed up and said a Kevin Dickerson (80) reception was caught by Roderick Johnson (88). Took him like 2 or 3 seconds to correct himself!

Obviously, it's time for a change here. We could have me doing "zee fooht-BAAAHL" play by play in a delightful and occasionally comprehensible foreign accent. Quoner speaks like a man constantly doing a

As long as he doesn't have to talk about Esteban Santiago (and as long as he doesn't coat the press box window in saliva), you'll love his zany voice and brilliant observations. And once we put Green Guy Bass in a push-up bra and a miniskirt, you'll all forget about Erin Andrews.

This could work, people. With George Dunham and his mandatory, violent paddlings of all Junior Mean Green Club members out of the way, we could all enjoy a glorious new era of Mean Green broadcasting.

BELIEVE IT!!!

Most of the stuff I can forgive, but the Dickerson and Johnson thing...that crosses the line!

Whenever I see a Quoner or Tasty post, I feel like a member of an all-white basketball team playing the Harlem Globetrotters: so completely mesmirized by dribbling wizardry and flashy passes that I don't know what's happening until I'm getting dunked on.

The most underrated post of the day...