Surprising that no one has posted any opinions about this. She resigned on a Friday evening. Will Rush be on the air Monday or Tuesday? Maybe then we will hear all the answers about this. It probably is Obama's fault.

I hope she wins the 2012 nomination but quitting when the going gets tough isn't a conservative value. First she quit as chairlady of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and now she walks out of the Governor's office.

Happy Birthday America!

Burn in hell, pedophile!

--- Not my favorite person as a politician but she isn't that bad... !!

At least she didn't take off to Argentina as one of her fellow governors did. .. (I won't mention the party but he represented family values and the party of superior morality )

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

(I won't mention the party but he represented family values and the party of superior morality )

Oh get off of it. The only ones who paint the right as the ones of "morality superiority" is the left. At least he didnt cheat on his cancer ridden wife during her hour of need and is waiting for her to kick the bucket so he can shack up with that cow legally.

Oh get off of it. The only ones who paint the right as the ones of "morality superiority" is the left. At least he didnt cheat on his cancer ridden wife during her hour of need and is waiting for her to kick the bucket so he can shack up with that cow legally.

Newt Gingrich, right?

[just playing. There's heinous douche-bags on both sides of the aisle, and in between]

--- Not my favorite person as a politician but she isn't that bad... !!

At least she didn't take off to Argentina as one of her fellow governors did. .. (I won't mention the party but he represented family values and the party of superior morality )

So an affair is worse than than quitting your job as a public representative now?

well, at least she did not:

1. drive drunk into a deep stream and leave a love interest to drown like kennedy.

2. did not let him male lover run a prostitution ring out of his apartment like barney frank.

3. have sex with intern like joe bob clinton.

dudes the list of impropriety goes on for both sides.....political figures get caught too.

10. Sen. Daniel Inouye. The 82-year-old Hawaii Democrat was accused in the 1990s by numerous women of sexual harassment. Democrats cast doubt on the allegations and the Senate Ethics Committee dropped its investigation.

9. Former Rep. Gus Savage. The Illinois Democrat was accused of fondling a Peace Corps volunteer in 1989 while on a trip to Africa. The House Ethics Committee decided against disciplinary action in 1990.

8. Rep. Barney Frank. The outspoken Massachusetts Democrat hired a male prostitute who ran a prostitution service from Frank’s residence in the 1980s. Only two Democrats in the House of Representatives voted to censure him in 1990.

7. Former Sen. Brock Adams. The late Washington Democrat was forced to stop campaigning after numerous accusations of drugging, assault and rape, the first surfacing in 1988.

6. Former Rep. Fred Richmond. This New York Democrat was arrested in 1978 for soliciting sex from a 16-year-old. He remained in Congress and won re-election—before eventually resigning in 1982 after pleading guilty to tax evasion and drug possession.

5. Former Rep. John Young. The late Texas Democrat increased the salary of a staffer after she gave in to his sexual advances. The congressman won re-election in 1976 but lost two years later.

4. Former Rep. Wayne Hays. The late Ohio Democrat hired an unqualified secretary reportedly for sexual acts. Although he resigned from Congress, the Democratic House leadership stalled in removing him from the Administration Committee in 1976.

3. Former Rep. Gerry Studds. He was censured for sexual relationship with underage male page in 1983. Massachusetts voters returned him to office for six more terms.

2. Former Rep. Mel Reynolds. The Illinois Democrat was convicted of 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16-year-old. President Bill Clinton pardoned him before leaving office.

1. Sen. Teddy Kennedy. The liberal Massachusetts senator, who once klilled a yourg woman working for his campaign he was having a sexual tryst with, testified in defense of nephew accused of rape, invoking his family history to win over the jury in 1991.

Edited by eulesseagle

I was rather shocked that it wasn't posted the minute it hit the intarwebz. I figured the Sarah Palin Fan Club from last election season would be in full force spinning her quitting her job in the middle of her term into something super-great for the GOP.

well, at least she did not:

1. drive drunk into a deep stream and leave a love interest to drown like kennedy.

2. did not let him male lover run a prostitution ring out of his apartment like barney frank.

3. have sex with intern like joe bob clinton.

dudes the list of impropriety goes on for both sides.....political figures get caught too.

10. Sen. Daniel Inouye. The 82-year-old Hawaii Democrat was accused in the 1990s by numerous women of sexual harassment. Democrats cast doubt on the allegations and the Senate Ethics Committee dropped its investigation.

9. Former Rep. Gus Savage. The Illinois Democrat was accused of fondling a Peace Corps volunteer in 1989 while on a trip to Africa. The House Ethics Committee decided against disciplinary action in 1990.

8. Rep. Barney Frank. The outspoken Massachusetts Democrat hired a male prostitute who ran a prostitution service from Frank’s residence in the 1980s. Only two Democrats in the House of Representatives voted to censure him in 1990.

7. Former Sen. Brock Adams. The late Washington Democrat was forced to stop campaigning after numerous accusations of drugging, assault and rape, the first surfacing in 1988.

6. Former Rep. Fred Richmond. This New York Democrat was arrested in 1978 for soliciting sex from a 16-year-old. He remained in Congress and won re-election—before eventually resigning in 1982 after pleading guilty to tax evasion and drug possession.

5. Former Rep. John Young. The late Texas Democrat increased the salary of a staffer after she gave in to his sexual advances. The congressman won re-election in 1976 but lost two years later.

4. Former Rep. Wayne Hays. The late Ohio Democrat hired an unqualified secretary reportedly for sexual acts. Although he resigned from Congress, the Democratic House leadership stalled in removing him from the Administration Committee in 1976.

3. Former Rep. Gerry Studds. He was censured for sexual relationship with underage male page in 1983. Massachusetts voters returned him to office for six more terms.

2. Former Rep. Mel Reynolds. The Illinois Democrat was convicted of 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16-year-old. President Bill Clinton pardoned him before leaving office.

1. Sen. Teddy Kennedy. The liberal Massachusetts senator, who once klilled a yourg woman working for his campaign he was having a sexual tryst with, testified in defense of nephew accused of rape, invoking his family history to win over the jury in 1991.

The last statement is exactly that I lifted from your text is my entire point.... One party does not have the market cornered on family values or the lack of them or morality or patriotism, or even Christian values though they love to claim they do.......As I heard Micheal Reagan (Presidential son) once say, if you are Patroitic and a Christian. you vote Republican... I don't think so.... nothing could be furthur from the truth... Thanks.

Both groups have their share of disgusting slimeballs.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

This thread needs more links:

Palin will not run for re-election.

Palin, ya know, "not wired to operate under the same old politics as usual."

Rick Sanchez and his Jump to Conclusions Mat

Pregnant again? Super-scandaltiemz? Nothing concrete yet, but all of this hurts/kills her already slim chances at being the GOP's pick for 2012, or even a senator for the state.

Edited by Bryan316

Probably just so she can make more money traveling the country and speaking to the "religious" followers. They will vote for anyone. BabyArms and Babymaker?...come on!

Kind of like borak obama leaving the senate to speak to his religious followers.

what scares the "left" about Gov. Palin? What is it about her that threatens their well being??

is it being a woman?

is it being a governor?

is it having a daughter that had a child out of wedlock?

is it being married to a minority?

is it having a special needs child?

i thought that those were the intrinsic values of the left?

what scares the "left" about Gov. Palin? What is it about her that threatens their well being??

is it being a woman?

is it being a governor?

is it having a daughter that had a child out of wedlock?

is it being married to a minority?

is it having a special needs child?

i thought that those were the intrinsic values of the left?

I'm confused by your gibberish. My wife married a minority and generally leans right. Are you saying I should yell "dirty liberal" at inter-racial couples I see in public or can I just assume you posted with your brain in neutral again?

It's very difficult to raise cash and run for national office from Hawaii or Alaska.

Rick

Don't take this as a knock on Palin. I've never said a cross word about her. But, this logic bothers me a bit. Are you saying that personal ambition trumps the duty that constituents delegate to the representatives they elect to serve their values? Are you saying that her saying "screw this backwater dump, and the loser, minor-media-market people in it that elected me, cause I need to go Primetime" is somehow a virtue?

My understanding is that if she served out her term, she'd still have 16-18 months to mount a full national campaign for 2012. Not saying that's what she's doing. You are. I'm curious how that fits into the ideas of service, committment, and fidelity.

Edited by Shuke-D

I'm confused by your gibberish. My wife married a minority and generally leans right. Are you saying I should yell "dirty liberal" at inter-racial couples I see in public or can I just assume you posted with your brain in neutral again?

I know you might find this hard to believe but nobody has you specifically in mind when posting about minorities, interracial couples, or even cops.