9 Players Released From Scholarship

NT03

This kind of thing does not help your relationship with Texas High School coaches or for that manner, Jucos. It is strange that players that violate department policies and team policies tend to be those at the bottom of the depth chart.

This looks a whole lot more like June Jones trying to get his guys in as quickly as possible. Someone with transfer knowledge wanna hop on here and clarify, but I thought that if it was a players choice to transfer he had to sit out a season, but if his scholarship was not renewed he could transfer and play immediatly. If thats the case, lets find some scholarship room if any of these kids can contribute next year

Interesting to say the least.

I'm not to familiar with any of these players but I'm sure we would be more than willing to take a few of them here an NT.

Am I the only one that does not think its the greatest idea is to bring aboard rejects from our only geographical rival? I'm gonna need to know the story behind their exits before I'm even remotely interested.

:disgust:

This looks a whole lot more like June Jones trying to get his guys in as quickly as possible. Someone with transfer knowledge wanna hop on here and clarify, but I thought that if it was a players choice to transfer he had to sit out a season, but if his scholarship was not renewed he could transfer and play immediatly. If thats the case, lets find some scholarship room if any of these kids can contribute next year

3 that I know were his own recruits , but I think these guys were simply cut and did NOT do anything against team rules as the blog states. JJ had too many committs and not enough scholarships. Someone on the pony board said that the coaches are trying to find homes for these kids.

"A few student-athletes failed to adhere to our department policies and/or team rules, and because of that, they are no longer part of our program,"

As in i got too many kids and not enough scholarships for our department and it's against NCAA policy to have too many scholarship players

I was hoping to see Bradley Haynes on that list , because we need more WRs if we install that A-11 system

Edited by NT03

Am I the only one that does not think its the greatest idea is to bring aboard rejects from our only geographical rival? I'm gonna need to know the story behind their exits before I'm even remotely interested.

:disgust:

Are we 100% sure that none of them are diabetic?

You know. It may be nice to dream about taking rejects from rivals, but...

"We are sensitive to the fact that these decisions impact people's lives, and with that in mind, we have made arrangements for these student-athletes for scholarships at other institutions should they wish to continue their education and football careers.

One has to think this was a "planned" event by JJ and his staff to shed himself of players he did not think "fit" his system. Not that they are bad ball players or bad kids, just not a JJ system kid. If that's the case...and we really do not know as yet, it was really sad that JJ waited until after the semester started to "cut" these kids. They will have no shot at spring ball anywhere else, and may simply lose a semester in the effort to find new "homes". I do hope that a few get looks here at UNT. I would imagine one or two could play in the Dodge program. Stand by...we'll find out soon enough.

GO MEAN GREEN.

Here is one of several postings from their board "Ponyfans.com"

"Kaboooom!" http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37575

Debates on-

#1: June Jones is trimming down the roster to meet the 85 scolarship limit.

#2. Cleaning house, maybe 3 more players to go. "JJ grew a pair!"

#3: Under acheiving players, very little playing time, not good enough for the team.

#4. Recruiting, "Hi Mom, if your son comes to $MU, he may be cut in a year or two."

#5. Tution at $MU = $40,000 yr, can these players afford to stay at $MU?

#6. JJ has "placed these players into other programs?"

And I found this too. A&M bought out their contract for the 4 game, home and home

series, with $MU. Jone's said A&M paid alot of $$$ for canceling the contract and

more $$$ in penalities too. Jones mentions a series with Hawaii.

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37581

Edited by charlie nt73

If JJ dreamed this up to get rid of dead wood to make room for other players he could get into alot of trouble. There has to be a legitamate breaking of team rules to pull a scolly. As long as a player is trying they can't kick him off the team no matter how bad of a player he is.

xmas08001vx8.jpg

w640.png

Edited by MeanGreenPOP

Good things are happening for coaches with shady dealings!!!!

Yes! I'm finally part of a GMG fad!