A&m

buff64

Wait...what? BREAKING news...does this mean that UNT is not the only program to "lose" players????? Wow...what a concept. Sorry, I know the sarcasm is sreaming through here, but it is a fact that programs lose players for various reasons during their "careers". This just points out that UNT is not alone. I have no idea why these players left A&M, but it just points out that this is something that happens...

GO MEAN GREEN!

Even more gasp - the players didn't like the new program and accountability rules held by the new coach! OMGs - a bunch of them even went to small I-AA (or whatever) schools to play football.

They are also putting in a pro-style offense from a spread and trying to rebuild a 3-4 defense from the god-awful 4-2-5 scheme with no linebacking talent on the roster in a BCS conference.

Also, I wish we could start more posts with "saw an interesting fact on the internet..."

Wait...what? BREAKING news...does this mean that UNT is not the only program to "lose" players????? Wow...what a concept. Sorry, I know the sarcasm is sreaming through here, but it is a fact that programs lose players for various reasons during their "careers". This just points out that UNT is not alone. I have no idea why these players left A&M, but it just points out that this is something that happens...

GO MEAN GREEN!

How many were starters, and how many were on track to break records at A$M?

I continue to be amazed at the level of negativity expressed on this board. I truly hope folks are not as "negative" about all other aspects of their lives as they seem to be on this board. Hey, if you just step back a second you might notice things are looking better all the time at UNT.

I know this board is the place for "comments" both positive and negative about UNT's teams, etc., but it seems some folks are here to take special exception to everything even remotely positive regarding UNT.

I feel bad for this as the program overall is doing pretty darn well...look across the board at the whole athletic program and I think you will definitely see some very positive progress over the past 3-5 years, etc.

GO MEAN GREEN...moving forward into 2009 and beyond...I see good things!

I continue to be amazed at the level of negativity expressed on this board. I truly hope folks are not as "negative" about all other aspects of their lives as they seem to be on this board. Hey, if you just step back a second you might notice things are looking better all the time at UNT.

I know this board is the place for "comments" both positive and negative about UNT's teams, etc., but it seems some folks are here to take special exception to everything even remotely positive regarding UNT.

I feel bad for this as the program overall is doing pretty darn well...look across the board at the whole athletic program and I think you will definitely see some very positive progress over the past 3-5 years, etc.

GO MEAN GREEN...moving forward into 2009 and beyond...I see good things!

This is the football board, and we mainly talk about football. I agree other aspects of the athletic program are doing well, but I think it is OK for people to be concerned after seeing the product that was on the field last season.

Like everything else in life, it all comes down to production. It doesn't matter if we have the number 1 rated recruiting class in the nation 3 years running if there is no improvement on the field. There has been no improvement on the field. I hope there is improvement next year.

That said, as long as Dodge proves he can adjust to the college level (which he has shown no signs of doing as of this writing), I also see very positive signs ahead for this football program.

Are you saying that's bad logic on my part, Quoner? :D

Yes, yes it is, but I just had to throw that fact out there. And I'd be right there with you placing my bet.

Playmaker has been banging the drum for a few years that the 3 win and under NT teams could take A&M. Maybe in 2010 or so...then we can live the ASU dream!