NewTCUFan

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 11:56 AM Post #1

Jamie Dixon

Group: Members

Hello Horned Frog fans. I am a graduate of North Texas and for obvious reasons am a little frustrated with the performance of their athletic programs as of late. I am a local guy, have been my whole life, was accepted to your institution out of high school, chose to go elsewhere, then ended up at UNT somehow. Anyway, I want to start by saying that I am not a bandwaggoner, a fairweather, or any other cliche term for a bad fan. I don't mind supporting a losing team every now and then, as it makes success that much sweeter.

That being said, there are a few reasons as to why I am officially announcing my "jumping off" of North Texas football. Personnel moves, my relationship with the AD, etc, has led me to do this - not just their on field performance. We would be a mid-tier talent on the Div 1AA level and it is truly sad.

SoAs I said, local guy, almost went to your school, have been following you already for a number of years, and I want to support a local team. I came here also because there is no way on God's green earth I would ever support SMU sports in any way.

I do plan to buy season tickets next season by the way.

So answer me Frog fans - Can I join you?

NewTCUFan

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Jamie Dixon

Hello Horned Frog fans. I am a graduate of North Texas and for obvious reasons am a little frustrated with the performance of their athletic programs as of late. I am a local guy, have been my whole life, was accepted to your institution out of high school, chose to go elsewhere, then ended up at UNT somehow. Anyway, I want to start by saying that I am not a bandwaggoner, a fairweather, or any other cliche term for a bad fan. I don't mind supporting a losing team every now and then, as it makes success that much sweeter.

That being said, there are a few reasons as to why I am officially announcing my "jumping off" of North Texas football. Personnel moves, my relationship with the AD, etc, has led me to do this - not just their on field performance. We would be a mid-tier talent on the Div 1AA level and it is truly sad.

SoAs I said, local guy, almost went to your school, have been following you already for a number of years, and I want to support a local team. I came here also because there is no way on God's green earth I would ever support SMU sports in any way.

First of all. I have never let my relationship (or the lack thereof) with athletic department staff cause me to kick my school to the curb. If they treat me with disrespect, I just find ways to make their life miserable. I'll be around long after they are gone.

Second of all. Is there a process (kind of like impeachment) to have someone's degree revoked. :rolleyes:

OR! Maybe the guy can go to the TCU registrars' office and see how much difference he'll have to pay to trade-in his degree for a TCU degree.

This guy just needs to be patient. Doesn't he understand that we need at least 8 more years here to be competitive in the Sun Belt Conference? Doesn't he know that every other D2 school has a HUGE monetary advantage over poor little us? Doesn't he know that the cup board was bear? Doesn't he see we just need to wait and get certain types of players? Doesn't he see that there is no way to hold anyone accountable because we can't AFFORD to?

Interesting he picks a 10-2 team for his new allegiance. Wonder if he wouldn't have been on SMU's board if the TCU/SMU records were reversed.

Adios, Mo Fo.

Edited by UNT90

This guy is a douche. It is perfectly ok to support other teams without jumping off the bandwagon of your own alma mater. I support other schools including TCU, SMU etc. We all know NT football sucks but hey thats life...we have always sucked pretty much. But he can support the basketball teams, or maybe the soccer teams. Again this guy is a full blown douche but he is free to do as he wishes or see's fit for him.

NewTCUFan

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Jamie Dixon

This guy needs to remember that no team stays on top forever, just like no team stays at the bottom forever (even if it feels like it to some of us). Some day Patterson will leave for his well deserved payday, and TCU will probably fall from grace, again. When that day comes, I hope he doesn't try crawling back to our program, even if we're still terrible.

Aw, c'mon guys, this letter could've been written by anybody. Watch.

Hello Mean Green fans. I am a graduate of UNT UC Irvine and for obvious reasons am a little frustrated with the performance of their athletic programs as of late. (as in, they don't have a football team) I am not a local guy, have not been my whole life, was accepted to your institution out of high school the blue, chose to go elsewhere here, then ended up at the Fouts Field orange lot at UNT somehow. Anyway, I want to start by saying that I am not a bandwaggoner, a fairweather, or any other cliche term for a bad fan. I don't mind supporting a losing team every now and then, as it makes success that much sweeter.

That being said, there are a few reasons as to why I am officially announcing my "jumping off" of on to (and not using double prepositions) North Texas football. Personnel moves (ever see Todd Dodge dance?) , my relationship with the AD (he shook my hand), etc, has led me to do this - not just their on field performance (their performance in the karaoke was stunning). We would be a mid-tier talent on the Div 1AA level and it is truly sad. But Scrappy makes me do a happy dance.

SoAs I said, local guy CA import, almost went to your school am going to your school, have been following you already for a number of years I'd heard of you once when you joined the Big West for football, and I want to support a local team. I came here also because there is no way on God's green earth I would ever support SMU sports in any way. (on this point we agree wholeheartedly)

I do plan to buy season tickets next season by the way. I do intend to milk the system of free student tickets for all it's worth while I'm a poor, starving student.

So answer me Frog Mean Green fans - Can I join you?

NewTCUFan

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Jamie Dixon

How about providing a link to the board you found this on? I just find this a little hard to believe. When I Googled "NewTCUFan", it brought me to your post here at GMG. HUM.

Edited by Green Dozer

How about providing a link to the board you found this on? I just find this a little hard to believe. When I Googled "NewTCUFan", it brought me to your post here at GMG. HUM.

Here's the post. Who knows if it's authentic though.

ETA -- Here's a little gem from the thread:

Welcome aboard - now just get Todd Dodge to come be our quarterbacks coach.
Edited by oldguystudent

It seems as though he has been patient for many years now. How many years will we be bombarded with the "just be patient" slogan??

Hey now, don't you go expecting anything! Don't you know how limited we are!?!? We don't have this, we don't have that. Just sit down and be PATIENT!

Wow, how can anyone turn against their alma mater?

I'm a Mean Green season ticket holder and fan because:

1. I love college football and can't get back often to see my alma mater, so in a sense, I've adopted UNT as my "local" team.

2. Denton is an easy trip for me and I enjoy the gameday atmosphere

3. The passion and dedication the posters on this board have for the team

4. I'm a TD supporter

5. My son is a UNT grad

However, my loyalty resides with my alma mater (the "on the field" champion of the Southland Conference) and if we played UNT, I'd be wearing purple and gray!

It is unbeliveable to me that any alumni would renounce their team support because of losses. As FFR once said in so many words, " you root for them, because they are yours"! That's what alumni do!