Unt In The Market For A Football Specific Strength Coach

UNTflyer

So then, who is retiring? Or is the announcement an added position?

Padron told me last year up in Denton that Dodge wanted his "own" strength coach. Dodge has some faith in some fitness homey. But your AD put the brakes on Dodge per Padron because he didn't want to ruffle too many feathers when he got there.

Dodge is a prima donna, both Dodge's, ask anyone from SLC. Hell ask your very own beat writer.

Edited by bigntex

Padron told me last year up in Denton that Dodge wanted his "own" strength coach. Dodge has some faith in some fitness homey. Put your AD put the brakes on Dodge per Padron because he didn't want to ruffle too many feathers when he got there.

Dodge is a prima donna, both Dodge's, ask anyone from SLC. Hell ask your very own beat writer.

Its the sense of entitlement that comes with going to a large 5A school whose population is predominantly upper-class white kids who are given BMWs on their 16th birthdays. You can't help but be douchey when you grow up in such an environment.

Remind me...where did you go to school bign?

Its the sense of entitlement that comes with going to a large 5A school whose population is predominantly upper-class white kids who are given BMWs on their 16th birthdays. You can't help but be douchey when you grow up in such an environment.

Remind me...where did you go to school bign?

I went to school in the same kind of enviroment but many kids are blue collar kids mixed in. Our state championship team had many blue collar kids who led our team and without them and their work ethic and leadership we would have gone no where.

I went to school in the same kind of enviroment but many kids are blue collar kids mixed in. Our state championship team had many blue collar kids who led our team and without them and their work ethic and leadership we would have gone no where.

Oh...SLC recruits too

Padron told me last year up in Denton that Dodge wanted his "own" strength coach. Dodge has some faith in some fitness homey. But your AD put the brakes on Dodge per Padron because he didn't want to ruffle too many feathers when he got there.

Many of us are shocked that the football program doesn't have a football specific strength and conditioning coach. I would think that any football program worth their salt would have such a position. I can fault Dodge for many things, but having the right tools to be competitive is not one of them. This is FBS football. Don't compare our needs with a HS football program. SLC was just lucky they had money behind them.

Many of us are shocked that the football program doesn't have a football specific strength and conditioning coach. I would think that any football program worth their salt would have such a position. I can fault Dodge for many things, but having the right tools to be competitive is not one of them. This is FBS football. Don't compare our needs with a HS football program. SLC was just lucky they had money behind them.

Agreed, a full time strength and conditioning coach needs to be in place. Nothing against who we have now. But thats really splitting his time by covering all athletics. This is something that should make an impact, as he will have more time to devote to individual players and their individual needs.

Agreed, a full time strength and conditioning coach needs to be in place. Nothing against who we have now. But thats really splitting his time by covering all athletics. This is something that should make an impact, as he will have more time to devote to individual players and their individual needs.

Best decision of the year concerning the football program. To Bigntex, Coach Dodge is very down to earth. Always visited my table at the coach's show and very friendly.

tell that to Hagar, Dibrell, Meager, Walker, Scoggins, Woody Wilson, Green, Rose, and the list goes on and on.

I certainly wish that some of the players who have left since TD became head coach at North Texas had stayed, and others had gotten more playing time, but I think it's a real stretch to say that Todd Dodge is the only factor in their departure or lack of playing time. But what do I know; the closest thing to football knowledge I get is attending Euless Trinity games and booster club meetings. I do remember Euless HC Steve Lineweaver mentioning in one of those booster club meetings something to the effect that "if a team isn't meeting expectations, somebody has to take the blame". Ultimately, I would consider the UNT Board of Regents to be accountable for major personnel decisions such at UNT. I haven't quite figured it out for the Dallas Cowboys organization yet, but if I were the owner, I'd consider firing the general manager.

If you go back several years, you will find that I publicly wondered why Jamario didn't have a dedicated strength and conditioning coach. I also wondered how anyone who made the NCAA leading rusher gain unnecessary weight kept their job.

I think this will be a good move, to have someone dedicated to the team....long overdue.

If you go back several years, you will find that I publicly wondered why Jamario didn't have a dedicated strength and conditioning coach. I also wondered how anyone who made the NCAA leading rusher gain unnecessary weight kept their job.

I think this will be a good move, to have someone dedicated to the team....long overdue.

It should help our other sports too considering the current coach will have 100+ less players to worry/train etc about. Once a dedicated FB strength coach is hired the current coach can dedicate the additional time to our other sports. Seems like a win/win for all our programs and at least in theory everyone should improve physically.

Here is a question: Does NT have a nutritionist/dietician that works with the strength coach, soon to be, coaches? I'm pretty sure the athletic department doesn't have one on staff but you'd think the school as a whole would have at least one. If we do have one/several at the school and they don't work with all athletes with the assistance of strength/conditioning they should.

Edited by adman