Texas Player Kicked Off Team

Marriage should be at least a legal (and spiritual if you want to enhance the event) contract between two consenting and committed adults. If they are of the same sex,.....so what? This has to be one of the biggest non-issues I've ever heard of in my life. All that money and all that legislative time....just wasted. <_<

I was trying to agree with you, sorry if that wasn't clear. There's a reason I'm an accountant and not a writer...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most teams have rules that involve conduct detrimental to the team. With the large number of African-American (or I can call them black player, since you have an issue with the phrase African-American) voicing statements such as the one he did would have an impact on team unity, something any coach would not want to deal with. Additionally with the implied violence in his statement, he broke federal law.

Well, it depends on where the player was freakin born. if you would have paid attention to the entire discussion, you would know that.

And just what federal law did he break?

Well, it depends on where the player was freakin born. if you would have paid attention to the entire discussion, you would know that.

And just what federal law did he break?

I'm pretty certain there is a law against calling for violence against a President...which I believe his statement implied. It might not hold up in court, but if he hasn't broken that law he is walking a pretty fine line.

Hell, people go around every day saying things like "Kill Bush" "Kill Obama" etc. That doesnt make it a viable threat. As long as he doesnt show to take some initiative on the statement, no big deal. Thats part of the greatness of Free Speech. You can walk up to a Cop, say "F*** You, and not be arrested, you can flip the bird to obama and not even get a blink from anyone. NOW, if he had said something along the lines of "he was going to do something", that would probably warrant a visit from the feds. But a blanket statement like that holds no ground. Much less, anyone who is dumb enough to say it in a public forum like Facebook, is either someone exercising free speech, or going to end up on "Worlds Dumbest Criminals"

It actually takes more than you think to constitute a threat. If you like, I can pull out my Lexus Nexus and tell you the exact definition.

Edited by Rudy

You can thank the homosexual lobby for trying to redefine laws to sanction their own perversion.

Here in Arkansas, they have now banned unmarried couples from adopting/fostering children. However, that same unmarried couple (assuming they are a heterosexual couple) can still have children the natural way. Hmmmmm, I wonder who this ban was really aimed at? :rolleyes:

Here in Arkansas, they have now banned unmarried couples from adopting/fostering children. However, that same unmarried couple (assuming they are a heterosexual couple) can still have children the natural way. Hmmmmm, I wonder who this ban was really aimed at? :rolleyes:

This Arkansas law plus the ban on same sex marriage in California puts me in mind of one of my favorite passages from one of my favorite movies "Inherit the Wind"

"Because fanaticism and ignorance is forever busy, and needs feeding. And soon, your Honor, with banners flying and with drums beating we'll be marching backward, BACKWARD, through the glorious ages of that Sixteenth Century when bigots burned the man who dared bring enlightenment and intelligence to the human mind! .......Henry Drummond (Spencer Tracy) from Inherit the Wind.

And then there's this......

Education official refuses to retract Obama terror claim

Associated Press

Nov. 3, 2008, 6:44PM

Kevin Fujii Chronicle

State Education Board member Cynthia Dunbar, a Republican from Richmond, suggested that, if elected, Barack Obama would declare martial law.

BuzzAUSTIN — State Board of Education member Cynthia Dunbar isn't backing down from her claim that Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is plotting with terrorists to attack the U.S.

The Texas Freedom Network, a watchdog group that monitors the board, released a public statement on Monday asking Dunbar to retract the statement.

"I don't have anything in there that would be retractable," said Dunbar, R-Richmond. "Those are my personal opinions and I don't think the language is questionable."

In a column posted on the Christian Worldview Network Web site, Dunbar wrote that a terrorist attack on America during the first six months of an Obama administration "will be a planned effort by those with whom Obama truly sympathizes to take down the America that is threat to tyranny."

She also suggests Obama would seek to expand his power by declaring martial law throughout the country.

"No matter who you support for president, we should all be able to agree that Ms. Dunbar's disgusting attack is a shocking example of the extremism that has infected the state board," TFN President Kathy Miller said.

"It's stunning that a board member who helps decide what Texas children learn in their public schools would say something so disgusting and reprehensible. She should be taking refresher courses in civics and good citizenship, not deciding what Texas kids learn."

The State Board of Education will begin revising public school social studies curriculum standards after adopting rules for science next year. Those standards will determine the content in new public school textbooks.

"Right now, we're still in America and we still have freedom of speech," Dunbar said. "And unless that's changed, I'm not aware of

Here in Arkansas, they have now banned unmarried couples from adopting/fostering children.

Good for Arkansas.

UNTFan23

However, that same unmarried couple (assuming they are a heterosexual couple) can still have children the natural way. Hmmmmm, I wonder who this ban was really aimed at? :rolleyes:

You can roll your eyes all you want but no matter how hard they try a homosexual couple will never have a child the NATURAL WAY.

Rick

You can walk up to a Cop, say "F*** You, and not be arrested, you can flip the bird to obama and not even get a blink from anyone.

It actually takes more than you think to constitute a threat. If you like, I can pull out my Lexus Nexus and tell you the exact definition.

You can even flip off Dick Cheney and yell obscenities at him as he rides down Congress Avenue in a motorcade during the 2000 recount.

Not that I'd know anything about that...

I'm just saying it could be done...

In theory...

I'm just sayin'...

You can even flip off Dick Cheney and yell obscenities at him as he rides down Congress Avenue in a motorcade during the 2000 recount.

Not that I'd know anything about that...

I'm just saying it could be done...

In theory...

I'm just sayin'...

Exhibit A on how to act, or should I say react, in a classy and dignified manner when things don't go the way you want them to.

Exhibit A on how to act, or should I say react, in a classy and dignified manner when things don't go the way you want them to.

I thought this thread was about Exhibit A? Wouldn't this be Exhibit B?

Oh, this will never work, was never intended to work, how hard anyone may try:

chrome-hex-bolts.jpg

Can you imagine how gross it would be if those two started gettin it on? This needs to be outlawed so that I don't even have to think about it. Not that I think about this kind of stuff. It mostly needs to be outlawed so that my kids, if I ever have any, won't have to think about it. Just gross......

Edited by Green P1

Good for Arkansas.

UNTFan23

You can roll your eyes all you want but no matter how hard they try a homosexual couple will never have a child the NATURAL WAY.

Rick

I guess the next thing to do is take out evolution from our children's textbooks and teach abstinence only for sex education?

I guess the next thing to do is take out evolution from our children's textbooks and teach abstinence only for sex education?

Charles Darwin was born Feb 12, 1809 and died April 19, 1882...now...if you take the month and day of his birth (2,12) and the month and day of his death (4,19) and multiply them together (2 x 12=24; 4 x 19=76)...then multiply those figures (76 x 24=1824)...then divide that figure by 2 b/c Darwin was ambidextrous (1824/2=912)...then divide that figure by the naturally occuring mathmatical constant of Pi carried out to five decimals (912/3.14159=~290.29886)...the multiply that figure by the naturally occuring mathmatical constant of Pi carried out to five decimals b/c nature is evil (290.29886 x 3.14159=912)...then from that figure subtract 73 for Darwin's age at his death (912-73=839)...then from that figure subtract 51 for Darwin's age when he published that blasphomous tome Origin of Species (839-51=788)...then from that figure arbitraily subtract 122...

(788-122=666)

Coincidence? I think not.